I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 June 2006 - 11:16 PM

Mate... Its RIM or Tim. Rimmy defies the purpose. (because you cant fit Rimmy-10 on a number plate.)

olol

Is it somethin to do with ADR 27?

Almost positively yes

#27 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 20 June 2006 - 12:29 PM

If the car didn't have headrests - you don't ever need em UNTIL you put some seats in that do.......eg Engineers or Blue plate for SAAS/Recaro etc - then evermore you will need em.

If the car came out with headrests - you got em for life.

AFAIK, for road registration you require a Speedometer - hence all the Speed Limit advisory signs.........:)

Grant..

PS. CHECK out the HB in the Nerandera 1/8th Mile Drags section!!!!
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

#28 _user asked to be removed_

_user asked to be removed_
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2006 - 04:04 PM

Turns out I have no subscription, im glad, got a full refund, street machine treats there subscriber's like crap...

#29 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 June 2006 - 07:31 PM

Got the new SM today. checked out readers cars to have a look at Sarsha's UC...

and on the page before it there is a TD Cortina with A9X Flares and spoiler!!! i mean, i thought they were bad on LC/Js... but on a bloody FORD! Thats just sacrelidge! (sp?)

RIM

#30 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 20 June 2006 - 09:12 PM

Grant, I dont think cars were required to have a speedo until some time in the 80's, nearly 100% on that one

#31 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2006 - 09:30 PM

rim obviously its some poor torana man stuck in a td cortina body he mustnt have had enough of the fat tin to get a torana

#32 barny_lx

barny_lx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 09:30 PM

yeha not a bad read, mine rocked up yesterday

Xy with a gen 3 in it is interesting , although shouldnt the guards say GT 346( i am pretty sure gen 3's arent quite 350 cubes)

#33 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 20 June 2006 - 09:48 PM

Is this months issue worth buying?

#34 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 07:49 AM

Good story on the 79 Brock A9X engine.

#35 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 June 2006 - 08:10 AM

Yeah the story on the A9X 308 is pretty interesting.

And the Anaconda isnt that bad, but the interior lets it down a bit.

RIM

#36 Struggler

Struggler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Name:Andrew or AJ
  • Car:UC Sedan

Posted 23 June 2006 - 09:16 AM

Good story on the 79 Brock A9X engine.

Red, I'm sure you would remember reading the full story in one of the A9X Club Newsletters from about 10 years ago. I thought it was a great read, were that member brought the engine and fitted it to his road car, then got it freshened up and a bigger cam later on. I seem to remember he paid big dollars for it in 1977, hope Bowden gave him the money it is worth. I tried to find that story but couldn't (chucked out a lot of old stuff on a move) perhaps you could dig it up and post it here ?

#37 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2006 - 10:09 AM

i thought that yellow hatch was awesome, i just think the air brushing ruined it but i like some one else stated each to their own

#38 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 23 June 2006 - 11:20 AM

Interior and Airbrushing on that car puts it down, put it's not bad, love the Blown 350 but

#39 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 June 2006 - 11:23 AM

Every aspect of it is brilliant, but combining them all simply does not work for me.

#40 barny_lx

barny_lx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 07:20 PM

well put Heath, couldnt agree more

#41 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 08:10 PM

on the speedo issue it might actually have one. Has any one actually seen the car up close or some different shots of the gauges?? because the stering wheel blocks a large like 4 or 5 inch gauge which looks like it could be a speedo, would solve the rego problem, the airbrushing does kinda make it a bit corny, but alot of work and i can appreciate someones hard yards and big dollars.
CHEERS Chris :rockon:

#42 _Pete_

_Pete_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2006 - 09:41 PM

I still havent received my copy of this months magazine, the whole idea of a subscription is to definately receive a copy, I'm getting my copy a day after it arrives at the newsagent or usually up to a week-2 weeks late!!

I guess I could get on the phone and bitch to the publishing company but all I'd get is a standard response and a nonchalant attitude as the money is already in their bank account.

Sorry I can't offer a genuine response to the posted thread question but I'm a little p***ed off about it all. I'm not the only one i guess but what you never see Woolworths getting their copies late!!!

#43 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 10:15 PM

I think I have that old newsletter somewhere here. I also remember terry showing a video of Lowndes driving his A9X with that engine fitted aaginst Murphy in another A9X with the 79 Morris engine fitted around Wanaroo. Lets just say they were not mucking around. I think Terry paid about $20,000 for the engine in 1980. The engine in street machine doesn't look right though, it's got IDA's rather than IDF's, the wrong tappet covers and the whole thing has been painted including the water pump. Maybe they just used a mocked up engine for the pics.

#44 Struggler

Struggler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Name:Andrew or AJ
  • Car:UC Sedan

Posted 24 June 2006 - 11:28 AM

I think I have that old newsletter somewhere here. I also remember terry showing a video of Lowndes driving his A9X with that engine fitted aaginst Murphy in another A9X with the 79 Morris engine fitted around Wanaroo. Lets just say they were not mucking around. I think Terry paid about $20,000 for the engine in 1980. The engine in street machine doesn't look right though, it's got IDA's rather than IDF's, the wrong tappet covers and the whole thing has been painted including the water pump. Maybe they just used a mocked up engine for the pics.

I agree that that can't be the actual race motor. No-one used a standard sump, balancer, valve covers etc, even in the L34 days.

Nice overspray on the valve covers, manifold etc !!!

#45 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 07:27 PM

I've just been looking back through my bits and pieces and maybe thats the way Terry had the engine in his car, so it was the way the Bowden family received it, so it could well be the actual engine, check out this pic of when it was in Terry's car, looks like the lot is painted and fitted with those tappet covers only he had a Holly fitted. HDT did use the stock ones chromed like that, but they normally had 2 hoses out the front for the brether assy.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users