Toranafest 2013 - Celebrating 20 years of the Fest!

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#101 mika03au

mika03au

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Car:LX hatch
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

Hi Mika03au,

As a local, I had a scout around for you.....
I rang Port Stephens Coaches, as they run the buses out of the airport.
Sunday  from Airport to Town-
Route 130, leaves'airport  at 0725  ,0928,  11.53

Sunday town back to airport -
Route 130 leaves town  at 2.45,  3.30,  700pm.

Note that the "town" location is actually Newcastle''s main train station, which is only about 100m from T/Fest!!!

YOU SHOULD VERIFY ALL THIS YOURSELF on website     pscoaches.com.au      - just to cover my arse!! ha ha . Be sure to scroll down to the WEEKEND section

p.s. here is something from Tripadvisor , as well....

Regards
Col
Save this PostNewcastle Airport bus to town
28 June 2012, 11:03

After being quoted $40 one-way for an airport transfer, and seeing taxi’s in the range of $60 to the city centre, I decided to try the Hunter Valley buses that run from Newcastle Airport into the centre of town. An excellent idea as it turned out, with one-way travel only $4.50.

The buses stop at the “Public Buses” area of the airport – when you walk out the doors, turn left and walk down the covered footpath. The “Public Buses” marker is basically at the far end. There are two bus companies that stop here – one has a timetable on the back wall near the seats and the second it affixed to a pole by the road. Tickets are purchased from the driver, who was very helpful to tourists, even pointing out a connecting bus for one traveller. The buses generally stop only when someone hits the button, so if you are not sure ask the driver to let you know.

The return journey was just as smooth, although the bus stop does not have any marking, so you’ll only know you are in the right place when the bus turns up. Having said that, the locations are described in good detail on the website, so make sure you pay close attention to the bus stop location. For the record, I got caught the bus back to the Airport from Hunter Street in Newcastle, where the stop is outside the Spotlight/Anaconda store (it was the only bus stop nearby). Just know your bus number and signal as you would any other bus.

The buses run around every hour, and it took around 30 minutes to get from the airport to town. An excellent way to save some dollars in Newcastle (compare $9 to $80 or ~$120 return!). And with free Wifi throughout Newcastle Airport, it doesn’t really matter if you have to wait a little longer for the bus

Absolute gem Col. Thanks for getting that info together, should tie up well with the Brisbane flights.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users