GT4082R TURBO'D ECOTEC V6 CRUMBYDOOR WAGON

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 _stretchlc_

_stretchlc_
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

I'm purchasing this VS Wagon next week.........Statesman Front, new paint,lowered blah,blah,blah.

Granny spec on the outside, but a nice surprise under the bonnet.

Intercooled GT4082R Turbocharged Ecotec engine, shift kitted T700R transmission and a Spooled Diff.

This will be my daily grocery getter/parts picker-upperer vehicle until my Torana is finished hopefully towards the end of this year. I cant go any longer without something fun to drive and I think this car will fit the bill.

Theres a street meet coming up at A.I.R here in Adelaide soon, and I thought I'd give the engine and trans the fresh fluids and filters treatment and take it out to see what its capable of in a safe environment.

Got a brief glimpse of its power last week, let me just say that BA F6 Typhoon didnt know what hit it, so I'm thinking this car will/should run into the mid to high 12's just going from the seat of the pants feel.

When you spend most of your driving duties in a stupid Kia Pregio Van everyday.............you kind of get very very sick of it extremely quickly................what results from that horrible feeling is this!!................Yikes!

Attached Files

#2 Stinga

Stinga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts
  • Name:Stinga
  • Car:HD Holden ute, and sedan, UC torana

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

i dont really like commodores of that era,or v6's but that would be a pretty cool sleeper

#3 _stretchlc_

_stretchlc_
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

Neither do I Stinga, but I'm buying it as a daily streeter/ race car............Keen to see if its happy doing both very very well!

#4 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

Saw this for sale on the facebooks... Definitely a cool sleeper!

#5 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

Both hate it and love it. hahaha

#6 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

Agreed Heath. The fact that I dislike it so much makes me really really want it, I think.

#7 _Inj gtr202_

_Inj gtr202_
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

lol... I was gonna go look at this car.

Got a bog stock VT instead. 

#8 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

HATE the front hahah. but thats a decent sized huffer.

Keen to see how you go 1/4 mile time wise.

any power figures from when it was tuned?

#9 _injlc304_

_injlc304_
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

mate has the same set up but sedan and 5spd.  pulls wicked 3rd gear skids.

#10 _stretchlc_

_stretchlc_
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

The Statesman front is to get as much air into that intercooler and is THE ONLY reason why it was fitted........VS Commodores dont have much in the way of frontal air vents.so it was on with the Statesman Front. Its has a function, if not kinda weird looking on the car.

I have no figures on HP at the moment, but thought I might book it into Towlers Dyno and have it spun up on the rollers out of curiousity. If this thing doesnt pull a low 13 on its first run...I'll drink a cup of chunder!! hahaha..............Its sooooooooo responsive, absolutely NO LAG whatsoever and just pretty much goes like a cut cat. Hearing the Ball Bearing Turbo still spinning after shut off is about the only hint that something is not quite right with whats under the bonnet.

Cant wait to pick it up in a few days..............The Kia makes me sick!

Edited by stretchlc, 25 March 2013 - 08:01 PM.

#11 _tyre fryer_

_tyre fryer_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

I've seen this getting around town, I'll be keeping my eyes peeled on this thread....

I also love/hate it.

#12 _stretchlc_

_stretchlc_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

Well the Dunnydoor gets picked up today.its wet here in Adelaide and I'm kinda scared to get in the boost with the locked diff...don't want it to turn around in traffic on me, as I'm unfamiliar with the car at the moment. Might have to sport my Lawn Bowls Hat and wedge a Governor Block under the accelerator pedal for the drive home, and keep out of the turbo................where's the fun in that?....Dumb!

#13 _imj411_

_imj411_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

I don't love it or hate it but I would definitely prefer it with a standard front and you need some caps for your interceptors. It looks like a heap of fun, cheers Aaron.

#14 _greenmachine215_

_greenmachine215_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

Hub caps with zip ties and tow bar would set this thing off with the roof racks, on and of course the "MY FAMILY" sticker on the back window :-)

Looks like great fun as a daily hack!

#15 WA1TNC

WA1TNC

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Name:Nig
  • Car:HX ute(daily) LH Torana(Harrop Blown LS1) in the build

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

How'd you go getting it home mate?
My first car was a LH torana & it had a mighty 173 & 4spd man with a locker in it & that used to catch me out nearly every time it was raining, I can only imagine how hard it would be trying to tame that beast.

#16 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

Gay redefined.....sorry, but i bet the kids duck when dad picks em up in that pos......seriously, you are kidding yeah?

#17 _stretchlc_

_stretchlc_
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

The drive home was.....INTERESTING!....................350hp at the wheels on only 8 psi.

Its a little too much for the kids and I.and I hate the thought of them being forced to have to duck when riding in it..............so..........Its up for sale already. I need my licence for work, and with this car,I'm sure to get into strife with the police.

Edited by stretchlc, 28 March 2013 - 06:29 PM.

#18 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

How much?

#19 _stretchlc_

_stretchlc_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

Its listed on ebay..........easy to find!

#20 lxsstorana

lxsstorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts
  • Name:Mick
  • Car:SS Hatchback

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

http://www.ebay.com....=item4ac2e7b9fb

#21 _AD_75_

_AD_75_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

Lol for sale already? must have been a very disapointing drive home eh?.. ;)

#22 _stretchlc_

_stretchlc_
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

Hahaha..............I sat down after getting home from picking it up and scratched my head wondering what the hell I would do with something like this as a daily driver. I am employed fulltime as a driver, so as a consequence I really need my Licence to make a living. This car will get me into too much trouble, and must be sold. It was a bit of an impulse buy looking back at it, and I kinda rushed into buying it.

I drove it yesterday for an hour or so, and passed about 5 cop cars and motorbike cops on my little trip....NOT ONCE did any of them take a second look at this car. I was thinking if it didnt have the locked diff in it at present, It would be alot nice to drive and tight corners wouldnt be such a chore.If I was to keep it, it would definately be getting an LSD diff centre..............The locked diff is there for safety I know, as its very very predictable what its going to do once the boost comes in. Hard launches in this had the car tracking nice and straight, but cornering at slow speeds with the chattering tyres and what not do my head in.

In saying all that, I love just cruising around in it quietly knowing it can see off LS2 VE SS Commodores easily.........I'll probably never own a car like it as far as it being so stealthy and perform like it does...........the Torana sure isnt subtle, but will hopefully have a similar power output.

#23 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

Sorry, my comments were a little harsh..... If its fun, keep it, just tint the windows real dark!!

Truth be known i have a soft spot for the vn commodore.... My first "fast" car when i was 18. Gotta be a better solution than the statesman front though?? Maybe a small scoop and a tmic?

#24 Neils LX

Neils LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Name:a

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

Stock VR/VS front would make it look better.

#25 _tyre fryer_

_tyre fryer_
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

Aaaaand... it's for sale.
I have the exact same issue with my LC as my daily, need my full license.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users