fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • Name:Garth
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:30 PM

Rightio don't really know where to start ,i have had three cars since i first joined this forum  two at once when i first joined and have not had a build thread  on any.

This is my fourth and  almost definately last as it is my dream car from a young age  and probably wont be doing too much to it but as i do make subtle changes will have somewhere to record them.

A 1969 HT GTS Monaro  originally 6cyl  4 speed factory Monza blue .

The previous owner had it for ten years and did a full resto on it now running a 383 stroker with AFR Heads  fully manualised turbo 350 with 3500 stall and braced 9" detroit locker centre with 4.3  gears.

P3270086.jpg

P3290090.jpg

P3290099.jpg

P3290091.jpg

The most heart breaking thing so far is that the transport company and car handling solution company that prides itself with a catch cry of "hanled with care "  delivered this car to Perth depot and left it out in the weather to be shat on after i paid  for a premium "fully enclosed"  service only to find it sitting in a blue metal/gravel open air carpark on arrival to receive car .

Their offer of a free BP super carwash was less than well received by me  and i "vented"

P3270081.jpg

P3270084.jpg

I loaded car on trailer and left in disgust when i went to get car off trailer it ran out of petrol before i could even get it into reverse .The car left Adelaide with a 1/4 of a tank  - honestly - how are these c#nts.

I would like to say thanks to Daryl "Bullit LJ" that has helped me out with having a look at car for me bloody good bloke.

The first plans are to get a more streetable diff centre in it probably 3.7  not really too much else at present but i am sure i will make some changes as time goes by.

cheers Garth

#2 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

nice mate

#3 lx308

lx308

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,838 posts
  • Name:Tony
  • Car:Nuffin. Goin touring.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

VIP Trans Garth?

Good looking jigger. Enjoy.

#4 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

Haha, just asked them for a quote and when I get it will be telling them I would have been agreeing to this except Garth says you are c#nts  :spoton:

Car looks beautiful anyway mate, you've done well.

#5 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

at the end of the day it's only dust nothing a bit of water and elbow grease won't fix ...
i've read a lot worse horror stories about car transport companies
but i do see your point
she looks nice btw

#6 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

Thanks guys

I have sent an e-mail with photos to "said" company expressing my disappointment that ??k car is left out to be shat on after paying top dollar to be "handled with care" .

We will wait and see what happens after Easter but this can not be a good PR  exercise for them  ,it reminds me a little of the mining industry  a "big" industry  but really it is a small industry and everyone knows someone who knows someone  and so on .

#7 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,123 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

Nice car garth i have seen pics of that car before i think but cant remember where

#8 Statler

Statler

Heckler Extraordinaire

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,282 posts
  • Name:Col

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:48 AM

They don't handle like Toranas mate. 

Great find! Give it a wash, you can love it. :)

#9 _toranacanfly_

_toranacanfly_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:22 AM

g'day garth what wicked ht monaro u got there, your one lucky bugger. Still slaving away, one day soon i hope. That torn my heart to c what they did to u, that's cruel, cant they c it's an aussie muscle car, show quality and deserves respect............

#10 YELLAcakeu308

YELLAcakeu308

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts
  • Name:ben
  • Car:A10X

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:59 AM

did you get a quote on a sea container? Paid $3500 a couple of years ago, brisbane to darwin

#11 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:30 AM

Nice looking Monaro, sorry to hear about the transport.

#12 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

Hey garth glad i could help mate your more than welcome....what can i say about transport companys they say one thing and do another...a bp car wash roflmao as if your going to put that car with a 30k paint job through there what a fkucing joke...

Edited by bullitljv8, 30 March 2013 - 10:12 PM.

#13 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

forgot to say thats one tough street car mate....

Edited by bullitljv8, 30 March 2013 - 10:11 PM.

#14 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,123 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

I can just see you now garth driving on caves road in the gts off its dial it would love that clean fresh country air
tuff looking car for sure
watch those bends down there

#15 _AD_75_

_AD_75_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

Fkn transport companys..ive had a run in with one of em too they are shady as and i was lucky i even got my vehicle in the end. On a more positive note, thats a very nice looking HT mate congrats! :buttrock:

#16 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,075 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

Nice looking Monaro mate, should go alright as well!

Is a change of wheels on the cards?

#17 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

did you get a quote on a sea container? Paid $3500 a couple of years ago, brisbane to darwin

That is the whole thing with  "the handled with care" catchcry a fully enclosed  "cartainer" and fully enclosed storage on arrival in Perth for up to a week  guaranteed as i am a mine worker  and it possibly could of spent another 6 days/nights enjoying the luxurious

blue metal gravel open air dust pit.

Nice looking Monaro mate, should go alright as well!

Is a change of wheels on the cards?

I actually love the wheels probably due to my age when i was a young bloke they were the ducks guts and they are actually quite easy to clean  .

The tyres on the other hand have a life expectancy :burnout:

#18 _greenmachine215_

_greenmachine215_
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

Shattering pics about the carrier company,

not sure who you used, but when I moved I used CEVA and also paid for full coverage mine must have got a tad dusty but they washed it couldn't really complain as it was dropped to my front door, funny thing was you can never be to careful as the delivery driver said there had been a few complaints that the car was hard to get up ramps as it wouldn't rev past 2500rpm...... Go figure dick head that's where the limiter was set before I sent the car on its way, I heard some awful stories about carrier company's good bad and horrid, I guess it's a gamble at the end of the day it's just another car to them, you can never be cautious enough.

Hope all is well now, and must second you on daryl, he's a top lad!

#19 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Car:1976 LX SL/R

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

Looks like they had it on a trailer during rain, here's some pics of my car when it got to L.A. from Denver.

stangondocks1.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

25.jpg

27.jpg

6.jpg

I thought no way would I be able to pass quarantine with it looking like that so got them to clean it. 

This is it after they cleaned it in L.A.

37.jpg

35.jpg

s

#20 Statler

Statler

Heckler Extraordinaire

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,282 posts
  • Name:Col

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

In the first few pics i was thinking ...... Gee! I hope you didn't pay too much for it! 

Nice looking Muzzy! :)

#21 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

Nice looking Muzzy! :)

Thanks,

Yeah it's a head turner.

s

#22 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

Hey Stephen i can only imagine that we both unfortunately shared the same feelings when taking delivery of cars ,yours looks like it had a hard trip in the hands of transport company .

As Col said nice looking Mustang .

I have had a simple reply acknowledging my complaint regarding service payed for and service received and am waiting for "claims department" to "contact me shortly"

Garth

#23 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

Hey Stephen i can only imagine that we both unfortunately shared the same feelings when taking delivery of cars, yours looks like it had a hard trip in the hands of transport company .

Thanks,

In my case I didn't specify a closed container, in fact I didn't even think about stone chips, weather, etc. The broker just transported it the way he usually does.

I'll know better next time.

s

#24 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

VIP Trans Garth?
Good looking jigger. Enjoy.

That's them mate

Hey Stephen i can only imagine that we both unfortunately shared the same feelings when taking delivery of cars ,yours looks like it had a hard trip in the hands of transport company .

I have had a simple reply acknowledging my complaint regarding service payed for and service received and am waiting for "claims department" to "contact me shortly"

Garth

Update --- I have rung them twice once last Thursday and again yesterday and been very polite
"Due to CEVA having temporary facilities as they change locations they have limited undercover options inPerth blah blah blah"

This argument from VIctimising Innocent Punters would be ok if I was made aware of conditions prior to being told the car would be held undercover /enclosed for upto a week .I would of had a day off work to pick up car as soon as it was unloaded to avoid the bird shit experience .

"They are the least"

On a more positive note I have had the car out a few times and I f@cking love it can't believe how quick it hits the limiter set at 6800 rpm I definitely need some time to get used to it and really need to get some new gears for the rear end "cruising" is limited to about 90kmh at 3000rpm at present .

#25 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:45 PM

That's them mate

Update --- I have rung them twice once last Thursday and again yesterday and been very polite
"Due to CEVA having temporary facilities as they change locations they have limited undercover options inPerth blah blah blah"

This argument from VIctimising Innocent Punters would be ok if I was made aware of conditions prior to being told the car would be held undercover /enclosed for upto a week .I would of had a day off work to pick up car as soon as it was unloaded to avoid the bird shit experience .

"They are the least"

On a more positive note I have had the car out a few times and I f@cking love it can't believe how quick it hits the limiter set at 6800 rpm I definitely need some time to get used to it and really need to get some new gears for the rear end "cruising" is limited to about 90kmh at 3000rpm at present .

That's them mate

"They are the least"

hey garth glad your enjoying the car mate as I said when I checked it out for you he fired it up I just wanted to take it for a blast and some circle work lol...as for your unsatisfied experience with the car moving company one good thing mate at least you got a FREE BP CAR WASH :stirpot:

Edited by bullitljv8, 11 April 2013 - 11:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users