#26 eyepeeler

eyepeeler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • Car:77 SL Hatchback, Chrome Yellow L34, LX IPRA Race Car the White Ghost

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:04 AM

I picked up my hatch not long ago from that temporary yard as well. There were heaps of nice cars out in the open, not a nice yard for keeping them clean.
Glad to have hy hatch over here though,
Looks a real tough HT Garth, enjoy cruising!

#27 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,471 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:21 AM

Nice

Prefer the HK myself but I do like that colour

Transport companies and Customs suck

After detailing my Cadillac in LA I drove it 30 mins to the wharehouse where it would be stored for 6 weeks before shipping to Oz

I put it under the car cover and it wasn't removed or the car moved until it was loaded into the container

It was loaded , strapped down and covered again

Customs charged me $250 for quarantine cleaning of the car

This is how I picked it up (windows down.. .mud everywhere)

P3230024.jpg

roof.jpg

P3230025.jpg

When questioned customs said the car had leaves caught under the wipers so they had to spray the whole car... wtf ?

I demanded my money back and was told it was "a standard charge" and they wouldn't release my car until the issue was sorted (weeks to claim money back) so I had to suck it up and drive it home as is

#28 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

Looks like they had it on a trailer during rain, here's some pics of my car when it got to L.A. from Denver.

21.jpg

s

[/quote]

Could have been worse...

[IMG]https://cache.gmh-to...zps3a3efd6b.jpg

Edited by TerrA LX, 12 April 2013 - 08:28 AM.

#29 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

wetstang_zps3a3efd6b.jpg

#30 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Car:1976 LX SL/R

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

Customs charged me $250 for quarantine cleaning of the car

Almost everyone gets stung with this, take note above at how clean my car was after the wash.

I got hit with the steam clean charge due to some dirt under the car and this is what it looked like after the clean:

SMS.jpg

Not the cleanest but I didn't question it as they'd hit me up for another clean at the same price .... and I know of people who have had to get their cars cleaned a number of times before Customs were happy with it.

really need to get some new gears for the rear end "cruising" is limited to about 90kmh at 3000rpm at present .

Go a 5-speed, I have them in both the Torana and the Mustang.

1st gear in the Supra box is very short though, similarly with the T5 but not as short.

s

Edited by StephenSLR, 12 April 2013 - 08:58 AM.

#31 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • Name:Garth
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

I see i am no orphan when it comes to transport horror stories but  just as i decided  to call it as done and  "DUSTED"  and post last night Murphy's law came into play :mellow:

This afternoon i got an e-mail from Raelene at VIP explaining that after a bit of research it was identified that the "cartainer" my car travelled in actually had a hole in roof resulting in excess exposure to excess dust .At present CEVA  logistics "enclosed" facilities in Perth is limited to 3 shipping containers as they upgrade to facilities on railway line.

I picked up my hatch not long ago from that temporary yard as well. There were heaps of nice cars out in the open, not a nice yard for keeping them clean.
Glad to have hy hatch over here though,
Looks a real tough HT Garth, enjoy cruising!

There was an orange LX hatch there when i picked up my car but i was pre occupied with my own heartbreak at time .

Anyway as a "gesture of goodwill" CEVA  have offered me $200 towards detailing my car  so i am pleasantly suprised today and reckon i have earnt my $200 worth of detailing allready  :party:

So to get this thread back on track here are some photos of "detailed areas"

P4120102.jpg

P4120106.jpg

P4120105.jpg

P4120104.jpg

P4120107.jpg

P4120103.jpg

P4120108.jpg

P4120109.jpg

P4120110.jpg

#32 lx308

lx308

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,838 posts
  • Name:Tony
  • Car:Nuffin. Goin touring.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

Ya missed a bit :P

#33 _BLOWN V6HATCH_

_BLOWN V6HATCH_
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

Nice Monaro mate, love it. Looks perfect on the Centrelines too, is there some other wheel for a HK/T/G Monaro? No way. They're just a little too polished for my liking though, i like them when they come straight out of the box, satin finish. Sounds like a pretty stout 383 too.

#34 _mumbo_

_mumbo_
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

I still hate you ;)

#35 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

What a Pearler mate! That looks stunning and sounds like it's a weapon and a half too!

I'm glad i got off my ass and on to the computer to catch up on this!!

Catch you soon mate! Cant wait to hit the track on Wednesday!

See ya then!

#36 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

Had a great time at the drags in Sydney with Tiny and co  mate that HQ is a beast was awsome to see Tiny get new P.B. and meet a few other crew and see some crew i met on round oz trip 4 years ago .

Anyway i had one last play with the 4.3 rear end on Tuesday and pulled the centre out this arvo all good i was a bit aprehensive when i pulled the drums off but all good as new shoes fitted and no leaking slave cylinders .

I have been trying to settle on a new ratio and tossing between 3.7  and 3.5  but after much debate and the fact that i live in the country i have opted for a set of Motive 3.5 gears .

I will drop centre off in Waroona on my way to work on Monday and pick it up the following Monday on my way home from work again i debated whether to fit new gears myself or take to an expert - only want to do it once B) heavy little bastards .

P5230171.jpg

P5230170.jpg

#37 _UCV8_

_UCV8_
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:48 PM

Picked up your polish yet, first thing I went searching for on Thursday. Found it after six pallets!

#38 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:12 PM

Picked up your polish yet, first thing I went searching for on Thursday. Found it after six pallets!

ended up going to "Discount auto Parts" closing down sale and bought polish and detailer at 40% off i waited - and waited - and waited  but 2 weeks is too long.

Anyway after being in denial for a couple of days i removed diff housing from car today as there was a leak from housing right ontop of leaf spring dowel on driver's side  only a small leak but after much scrutiny i reckon the leak  was definately from housing not  axle seal  as housing was dry in between end of housing and where locating block is welded onto housing.

After degreasing and pressure cleaning housing i still can not see where it is leaking from but will drop it in to welders on Monday and hopefully they can sort it out ,i really do not want to pull it out again .

#39 _AD_75_

_AD_75_
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

What did she run at the drags garth? just curious!

#40 _mumbo_

_mumbo_
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

He hasnt raced it 

#41 _AD_75_

_AD_75_
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:15 AM

Oh! my bad i totally read that wrong. :fool:

#42 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:52 AM

One day when all the planets align i will get it down the strip ,would of been good to do a run with 4.3s then  with 3.5s to see the difference but i live 3 hours from Motorplex so it aint that simple.

#43 _LCOOLJ_

_LCOOLJ_
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

Ohhh ,i love hk,t,g monaros, even better in that lovely blue, im droooling!

#44 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

Ohhh ,i love hk,t,g monaros, even better in that lovely blue, im droooling!

Thanks mate i am still pinching myself that it's mine

Anyway gave the housing to to the boily and he had to cut top of mounting off to gain access to crack he is pretty confident i shouldn't have any more troubles with it  .

Spent all day in the shed yesterday fitted it all up did a service on tranny as well as the pan gasket was leaking but the weather was not very co operative so had to wait till a break in the weather today for a test drive.

Straight away i noticed the difference the high stall is heaps  more prominent but it does not seem to have lost "too much" snappiness and still gives the random chirp into second at  "part" throttle  :driving:

I only managed a quick squirt late today but  car seems so much more relaxed at 80-90 ks than previously  :spoton:

Had a quick look when i got home and all seems to be as it should be so happy days.

P6050179.jpg

P6050176.jpg

#45 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:12 AM

Took a little while but finally got my carcoon a couple of weeks ago

P7220185.jpg

I am really happy with product it takes up a lot more room in the shed which is a pain but the benefits of protection it gives can't be underestimated .

I had to wait nearly a month for my carcoon it would seem they are becoming quite popular ,got a "drive in" model which allows for basic maintenance without disassembling .

This is lucky as my starter motor decided to pack it in last week ,got a CVR  reduction starter off MUMBO Kev and as per usual it did not bolt straight up

bth_P7220187.jpg?t=1374515691

This is a photo of as supplied ,the mounting block fouled the extractors.

P7220188.jpg

After a bit of hacksawing got it in and then had to shim it for clearance to one paperclip lol -these are high tech adjustments.

P7220189.jpg

All good now

#46 hanra

hanra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,832 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

Nice work on the carcoon!

#47 _greenmachine215_

_greenmachine215_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:24 PM

Nice work on the carcoon!

+1

They are sick! I never get a dusty ride

#48 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

So the stars finally aligned and i was actually off work for  Nostalgia drags that were on this weekendjust gone.

I fitted a new set of Mickey Thompsons to the rear organised a trailer and drove 3 hours to Perth on Sunday morning for some fun.

The car ran a 12.44  first pass which  i was stoked with considering it was my first time out with car.I then ran a 12.32  stoked.

Next run i managed to take off in second gear after not selecting first after  pre stage burnout :banghead:  but still managed to beat a XB GT  with a 13.2 over his 14.1

I then had a grudge run with a mate in his big block val and ran a 12.22 to his 12.44 .

Next run was the quickest of the day for me a 12.09  at 181 kph  absolutely stoked .

Got knocked out in first round of eliminations  so put her on the trailer ,didn't break anything  which is allways a good thing.

http://s202.photobuc...272337.mp4.html

http://s202.photobuc...272334.jpg.html

#49 A9X

A9X

A fortunate run

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts
  • Name:Welby
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

nice work Garth, nice car too

#50 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:57 AM

Nice work garth!!
112mph is showing a high 11 for sure mate! Just have to get the grunt to the ground!

Hope you had a blast, it's a good looking beast mate!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users