- - - - -

Rebuilding a 'Red One'. LX SL/R 5000

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#51 _Red One_

_Red One_
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:16 AM

Righto guys, I have been meaning to bring this thread to some sort of closure as the Torana is sold and gone to a very nice fellow who obviously has a bit stashed away and will be able to do the car full justice. The Torrie deserves a full and deep rebuild and this of course will take time and money. I decided I wanted to invest my time more in tinkering and driving so sold up and purchased a very nice HQ coupe.

I would just like to thank all here for a good read and information and hope I am still welcome to lurk in the background.

Cheers,

Red One.

#52 _76lxJAS_

_76lxJAS_
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:37 PM

Its a sad day when you have to sell your Torana for a HQ haha. All the best with it mate. Full rebuilds can be a bit of a task to take on. All the best with the HQ.enjoy the cruising.

#53 _Red One_

_Red One_
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2015 - 04:07 PM

Yeah thanks 76lx this is my second Torana I have sold and it was the just as hard as the first. One good thing though is the bloke who purchased it is very serious about it and will do a worthy job.
Enjoying the Q by the way.
Cheers.

#54 Swarbs

Swarbs

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:LX 5000

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:51 PM

Hi Brad

Bin meaning to give you a call re the red one

You best be throwing a pic up of the new ride then :)

Speak soon

#55 _Red One_

_Red One_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:13 PM

Ok, here you go guys. Like I said, it was a hard decision but at the end of the day (and Sundays haha) I can drive this one and just do bits and pieces to it when ever I want.

It is a beautiful driving cruiser not a race car like to Torrie and a bit more how I am feeling at the moment.

Attached Files

#56 SmacT

SmacT

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • Name:Sam
  • Car:LX 4dr 383, TKX, BW

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:52 PM

If I didn't have a Torrie, that's pretty much what I would have! Nice.

#57 _76lxJAS_

_76lxJAS_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:26 PM

Very nice mate.
I'd take one of them any day.
Enjoy the cruising.

#58 Redslur

Redslur

Has been Torana owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Name:Gerry
  • Car:HQ GTS Replica 350.

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:14 PM

I'd move the old girl on for that too....and the torana I mean :-).  Nice clean crusier.  Enjoy it!

#59 Swarbs

Swarbs

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:LX 5000

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:09 PM

Yep have to agree with the others Brad  - nice

I'm sure you would have much rathered the stress / frustration / bleeding knuckles / cost / anger / despair of doing the Red One up -- but hey, each to their own :)

You can always come down and give ME a man hug and a pat on the back just so you know what fun you are missing out on

See if the fella that picked it up is interested in joining the forum  - be nice to see it come together    

#60 _Red One_

_Red One_
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:58 AM

Thanks for the comments guys. Appreciate them. Hey Swarbs you know I was thinking of you when I was wondering about selling car and thinking if you would be giving me shit haha. I'm in Geraldton now so a bit of a drive for a hug but might come up for the Father's day car show in September. Your car be done by then?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users