• This topic is locked This topic is locked
209 replies to this topic

#1 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:06 PM

Fellow Toranians,

I bring you great news.

As of today the Australian Motoring Enthusiasts Party is taking registrations in order to meet the 1000 member threshold required to register as an official political party.

Rather than ramble on in typical Big T fashion I have cut and paste from facebook. Have a read and if you want to do something for our culture, register your interest.

Cheers,

T

“Australian Motoring Enthusiast Party" to contest the Federal Senate Election 2013.

A vote for the Australian Motoring Enthusiast Party in the Senate will ensure we have our voices heard.

The Grunt Files fully supports the great work of the ACMC Inc. and particularly the work of their Patron, NSW Senate Candidate, Alan Hay. Their effort and determination has provided unity throughout our disciplines and lifestyle and rendered gains for our community.

As everyone is aware however, there have been many decisions being made by Government that potentially affect our sport, our hobby, our lifestyle, without any consultation with the Motoring Enthusiast Community.

As part of our political strategy it is important to demonstrate that, as a community, we are a powerful force that cannot be ignored.

If this sounds good to you… we need you to take action TODAY… First step is to get 1000 people, Australia-wide, who are enrolled to vote and not a member of an existing Party, to pledge support to become a Member of the Australian Motoring Enthusiast Party.

This is your opportunity to become a part of saving our culture; this is your chance to have your voice heard.

Without the 1000 people we cannot register the party.

REGISTER NOW… SHARE THIS AROUND

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/B9S2TXC

#2 hanra

hanra

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,839 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

Is this legit??? I'm up for it. Otherwise I'm voting for Clive Palmer.

#3 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:55 AM

Hi T

can you tell me why they would need to charge a $20 fee?

I am all for this sort of thing, I am just wondering why the cost.

cheers

Mick

#4 Dr Terry

Dr Terry

Technical + Numbers Guru + Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:58 AM

This is very legit.

I believe that Alan Hay is 4th on the ticket for a Senate seat for NSW. If the libs get 58% or more at the upcoming Federal election, Alan is in.

Mick, wouldn't the cost be for election advertising, it isn't cheap.

Dr Terry

#5 RallyRed

RallyRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,858 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:17 AM

Done

#6 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

Mick, exactly as the good Doctor says. The election campaign is going need funding, not only for advertising but for administration costs as well. The funding comes from the party members joining fee which also gives them a voice in the party and chance to run as a senate candidate themselves. This has all happened fairly quickly. I was informed of this Monday and asked for my opinion. By Wednesday all was confirmed as a goer and then announced yesterday. So far we have close to 750 registrations and pledges for support. Once the 1000 mark is hit the party will formally register with AEC and from there it is all systems go.

If you would like further details of where your fee will go I am happy to chase this up.

Cheers,

T

Edited by Big T, 03 May 2013 - 10:54 AM.

#7 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

My biggest concern with this is who they will give polticial preference to?

Let be honest, having a couple people representing us as a community is great, BUT there are wider concerns in the political sphere that reach far deeper than our issues.

I asked the question on Grunt Files FB page and got a "that will be announced later" response.

That worries me.

People blindly supporting and eventually voting for a party with no knowledge of where their votes end up in our 2 party system, is pretty scary.

#8 Redslur

Redslur

Has been Torana owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Name:Gerry
  • Car:HQ GTS Replica 350.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

We have the local version of that here in ACT.  Has a lot of suuport here and nearly tipped over a higher profile member in the last election.  I reckon next time around they will get a seat here.  Chic Henry is the main man here in the ACT.

#9 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Car:1976 LX SL/R

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

For facebook users, you can like his page:

https://www.facebook...8529549?fref=ts

s

#10 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

It's free to sign up in NSW.

http://nsw.amp.org.au/signup/

s

Edited by StephenSLR, 03 May 2013 - 01:49 PM.

#11 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,542 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

It's free to sign up in NSW.

http://nsw.amp.org.au/signup/

s

I suspect they are different political parties. 1. Australian Motoring Enthusiasts Party    2. Australian Motorist Party (NSW).

#12 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:02 PM

I suspect they are different political parties. 1. Australian Motoring Enthusiasts Party    2. Australian Motorist Party (NSW).

Oh, the page still references to Chic Henry and his work in the ACT.

s

#13 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

Let be honest, having a couple people representing us as a community is great, BUT there are wider concerns in the political sphere that reach far deeper than our issues.

I asked the question on Grunt Files FB page and got a "that will be announced later" response.

That worries me.

People blindly supporting and eventually voting for a party with no knowledge of where their votes end up in our 2 party system, is pretty scary.

I agree. I'll sign up tomorrow, but if they are going to preference the ALP forget it.

#14 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,127 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:17 PM

I agree. I'll sign up tomorrow, but if they are going to preference the ALP forget it.

2 nd that to

#15 Dr Terry

Dr Terry

Technical + Numbers Guru + Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

I don't think any of these car guys belong to the loony left side of the political divide.

Dr Terry

#16 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

Mick, exactly as the good Doctor says. The election campaign is going need funding, not only for advertising but for administration costs as well. The funding comes from the party members joining fee which also gives them a voice in the party and chance to run as a senate candidate themselves. This has all happened fairly quickly. I was informed of this Monday and asked for my opinion. By Wednesday all was confirmed as a goer and then announced yesterday. So far we have close to 750 registrations and pledges for support. Once the 1000 mark is hit the party will formally register with AEC and from there it is all systems go.

If you would like further details of where your fee will go I am happy to chase this up.

Cheers,

T

Thanks Tony

you answered my question..

I hope that they do well.

cheers

Mick

#17 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

I just worry that with the QLD Liberal/nationals being the ones who introduced the "hoon" laws in QLD (although, it had full support of both sides) and that action being the catalyst for the upswing in this campaign, that they will be #1 on the pre-determined shitlist for a wider sense (federal)

#18 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

Time to kill a few myths.

Stephen - the Austrralian Motorist party is not the same party as the Australian Motoring Enthusiasts Party. The links you have supplied have no relation to the post I have made. Im not having a go, just making it clear thats all :D

I am not sure what Chic Henry's intentions are at the moment but you never know what may happen in the coming weeks ;-)

Chris - It was the Labor Government that introduced the anti hoon laws in QLD. The Liberal Government has simply jumped on them and made them tougher. I will leave my comments regarding that for another time. Suffice it to say, neither party gave much consideration to alternaive measures to deal with the hoon problem. That must change.

As for preference votes, that has not been decided yet. First the party must register. The members of the party will then have their say on party policies and allignments. Good on you for having the foresight to evalute such decisions. As for me, I will vote for the party and be involved with the party that best represents my lifestyle and passion. Its a no brainer where my vote will be cast.

To those of you who have shown your support. Thank you :spoton:

#19 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:16 PM

Stephen - the Austrralian Motorist party is not the same party as the Australian Motoring Enthusiasts Party. 

Thanks for clearing it up and good to see there's more than one party interested in our favourite past-time.

s

#20 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

s for preference votes, that has not been decided yet. First the party must register. The members of the party will then have their say on party policies and allignments. Good on you for having the foresight to evalute such decisions. As for me, I will vote for the party and be involved with the party that best represents my lifestyle and passion. Its a no brainer where my vote will be cast.

Does a party HAVE to preference vote?? I dont get this whole two party system, i thought it was a matter of people being of the opinion "you must vote for x or y otherwise your vote will be wasted" more so than "its law that you vote for party x or y"....I wasnt aware that there was a dead set law in the constitution that you MUST vote for either labor or liberals.....

Cheers.

#21 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:06 AM

I would like to support this but have no idea what I would be getting into by signing up??? What would be expected of people who register?

#22 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:16 AM

$20 a year and a few waves to the public, if thats all you wish.

For me, im thinking "BOMBER FOR MAYOR OF ROCKHAMPTON"

Cheers.

#23 _slrv8_

_slrv8_
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

That worries me.

Spot on!

#24 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

I don't get this whole two party system

You have the left wing and the right wing, liberal and conservative (that's liberal as in free, not the Liberal Party). It's odd that our Liberal Party is the conservative side but it's just the name of their party, hence the capitalisation of their name.

The policy of any other party will lean towards either left or right.  

The Greens for example are their own party but their policies appeal to those who vote left.

s

Edited by StephenSLR, 04 May 2013 - 10:24 AM.

#25 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

Yeah i get that, but i wasnt aware that we HAD to vote one way or the other, left or right, i wanna vote up.....Are we under a democracy or a capitalist government?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users