Australian Motoring Enthusiasts Party - Register NOW

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
209 replies to this topic

#51 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:27 PM

It was a special day hey Dave. I dont think the enormity of what we are doing had hit me until the last couple of days..........

#52 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:52 AM

Dudes,

The Facebook page went live 3 hours ago and just hit 2300 "likes"....... Something tells me this party is going to be well supported in the lead up to the election.

Check it out here http://www.facebook....EnthusiastParty

Stay Cool,

T

#53 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts
  • Car:A Black POS

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:50 AM

Posted it on a couple of other forums Tony. Well done to everyone involved.

#54 Redzone

Redzone

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:Mini torana's - Gemini coupe 10.787@123mph, log booked Group A DOHC Gemini under resto..

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:18 AM

Hi Tony, I had a phone call from the AEC yesterday to confirm I was a member. Just wondering when we pay our fees etc?

#55 _fractalign_

_fractalign_
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

This sounds great.

I will be sure to join and I will let everyone else know.

There is no doubt that this can only be a good thing for car enthusiast in general as we are one of the most oppressed minorities in the country. Its high time we had a voice to counter the treatment we suffer at the hands of the mainstream parties state and commonwealth who seem hell bent not only on legislating us out of existence but killing of the next generation too by making it almost impossible for them to gain a drivers licence.   

#56 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:39 AM

Dave, I have had a few reports of AEC contacting members which is great. It means our application is progressing nicely and we are on track to being approved (not that I doubted we woulldnt).

Membership fees can now be paid via direct deposit or by post. We will also have a PayPal option by the end of this week that can take credit card payments. The banking details are below.

The Facebook page is going well. 7500+ likes in less than a week. Not bad going ;-)

Our website will be launched soon too as well as announcements made regarding policy formation. It sure is a busy period and is only going to get busier !!

Robert - thanks for your support mate :spoton: If you want to forward the following link to your mates they will be able to join up without having to be facebook dudes. The link is as follows: http://www.jotform.co/amep/join

Cheers,

T

Membership Payment Details

Pay by EFT (direct deposit):
Bendigo Bank
Account name: AMEP
BSB: 633 000
Account number: 149 501 546
(note your surname in the message field)

Or by post to:
Australian Motoring Enthusiast Party
PO Box 4542
Springfield
QLD 4300
(include your name and address)

#57 hanra

hanra

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,839 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:48 AM

I cant for the life of me remember if I have paid or not...... How much was it???

#58 hanra

hanra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,839 posts
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:18 PM

I paid my money.

#59 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:03 PM

Ditto.

#60 _nicko61_

_nicko61_
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:18 PM

joined and payed ,I feel like ive done something worthwhile.

#61 shanegtr

shanegtr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Name:Shane
  • Car:LJ 2 door
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

just posted this info on another couple of forums I visit. Great idea guys

#62 hanra

hanra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,839 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

Website up and running. $20 to join. Why not?

http://www.australia...stparty.org.au/

#63 _nicko61_

_nicko61_
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:03 AM

just fired off email as i paid on 3rd of June after following links and have not been given membership confirmation in any form and yesterday was emailed asking me to pay to help get this party going WTF

#64 _nicko61_

_nicko61_
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:03 AM

email answered today  hoping its straightened out seems to be a glitch somewhere

#65 old-jim

old-jim

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Name:Jim

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

See page 4 of today's AGE.

http://www.theage.co...0720-2qawc.html

#66 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:26 PM

^ Hmmmm, someone was caught off guard and the journo didnt exactly include the whole conversation. Lesson 1. Journo's are not to be trusted :D

Not to worry. 11,000 supporters on facebook, 600 financial members, representation in 4 states, 8 prospective senate candidtates, contact from nearly all partys, political leaders urging voters to ignore the minor partys (why?...scared?) and momentum which gathers more and more each day.... Im not exactly disappointed with the profile of the AMEP has so far established. Afterall, I could name drop a few high profile members who have seen fit to get behind us but for privacy reasons I wont.

Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook...EnthusiastParty

Get Involved http://www.australia...au/get_involved

Stay Cool,

T

#67 Redzone

Redzone

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Car:Mini torana's - Gemini coupe 10.787@123mph, log booked Group A DOHC Gemini under resto..

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

If you were wondering who that was on jjj just then, pumping up the AMEP, it was me :)

#68 Redzone

Redzone

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

ps I believe they are having a segment on jjj's hack current affairs program this arvo on single issue political parties. Might be worth contacting them, could be good exposure.

#69 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

I was wondering Dave. It was mentioned on the Facebook page. Good work mate !! We appreciate the support :D

#70 hanra

hanra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,839 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

Im a financial member of the AMEP. I don't think I really want Krudd in power anymore. When I vote for the AMEP, who am I voting for? I don't really like Tabbot either but yeah I dunno???

#71 Stinga

Stinga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts
  • Name:Stinga
  • Car:HD Holden ute, and sedan, UC torana

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

Im a financial member of the AMEP. I don't think I really want Krudd in power anymore. When I vote for the AMEP, who am I voting for? I don't really like Tabbot either but yeah I dunno???

i was just thinking the same thing this arvo Brad, might be a good question for the amep facebook page?

#72 hanra

hanra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,839 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:08 AM

See a mention in News.com.au's story on obscure minor parties.

http://www.news.com....p-1226692544811

#73 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:32 AM

Typical, the reporter that actually contacts tony is out to make minor parties look like wankers and the one giving a half reasonable wrap just reads the website.

#74 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:54 AM

I still haven't seen any real political facts from AMEP though, especially regarding preferences and what the party's stance is on issues other than the whole hoon Vs car enthusiast section.

What I have seen lately is lots of anti-LNP comment as well as an interesting cartoon somehow placing Abbot behind the wheel of the metaphorical "hoon" car.... just seems a little biased considering that I can't recall Tony every commenting at large on the issue, nor really making his personal beliefs on the whole thing known.

Like I keep saying, love the idea on paper, but where's the hard questions, the policy and the overall statements of where the party and individual senators plan to sit/vote/lobby in the political sphere?

#75 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

I havnt seen much anti lnp propoganda, mostly anti major party.

Considering you are a lnp supporter perhaps your view is biased a bit?

Anyway, probably best to direct that question to facebook, tony isnt getting on here much anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users