157 replies to this topic

#151 yel327

yel327

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,119 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

Bingo mate. I need a ute i can put the harley (500kg) in the back with a tool box (200kg), two people in the front and and tow the car trailer (2000kg) with. And its gotta be nice to drive daily as i cant afford rego on a daily AND a tow car.

The guys who decided the new Holden ute would be IRS only need sacking, That would help. If they made one still with leaf springs and a solid axle i would probably be looking into the Holden. frOck i'd consider solid axle and coils....

As you say it wouldnt matter a frOck if the workers were on $1 a year, and the car was $15k, i still wouldnt buy it as its a paperweight to me.

Cheers.

I agree Bomber, what is the point in an IRS ute. I bought a VY SS new. I tried to tow with it once, and sold it with less than 10,000kM on it. It was useless for towing on two fronts: the 6spd is a waste of time, and the rear suspension couldn't handle it. Luckily I bought a manual as I sold it for more than it cost! The VSIII that I traded on it was a much better tow car.

My guess is with the new Hilux coming inside two years there will no longer be a V6, so either i'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy a Falcon cab-chassis before they are gone or build my own by getting a V8 auto VE/F ute and sticking it on a leaf spring Patrol ute chassis. I just can't get my head around owning a Ford....

#152 Bart

Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  • Car:LJ Torana

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

Holden Colorado any good?

I agree Bomber, what is the point in an IRS ute. I bought a VY SS new. I tried to tow with it once, and sold it with less than 10,000kM on it. It was useless for towing on two fronts: the 6spd is a waste of time, and the rear suspension couldn't handle it. Luckily I bought a manual as I sold it for more than it cost! The VSIII that I traded on it was a much better tow car.

My guess is with the new Hilux coming inside two years there will no longer be a V6, so either i'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy a Falcon cab-chassis before they are gone or build my own by getting a V8 auto VE/F ute and sticking it on a leaf spring Patrol ute chassis. I just can't get my head around owning a Ford....

#153 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:03 PM

lemons...just ask joshie lol

#154 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,119 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

It'd be OK if they put al LS2 in it, but it is a 4cyl diesel only hence useless to me as an everyday driver and tow vehicle. I want a car that can easily overtake on country roads and doesn't need a written invitation to pull out and accelerate into merging traffic, and also competently tow 2tonnes (not just pretend it can tow 3tonnes and find out that is only downhill).

Edited by yel327, 21 June 2013 - 02:43 PM.

#155 _mroutdoorsy_

_mroutdoorsy_
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

sad to see our future being taken out of this country and nothing being done to prevent that from happening what will things be like in the next twenty years so much for the lucky country

#156 Bart

Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  • Car:LJ Torana

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:38 PM

Which is why people need to email and or phone the pollis

I thought they would have put an LS2 in these since Brock had one modified for rally a few yeard back now.

sad to see our future being taken out of this country and nothing being done to prevent that from happening what will things be like in the next twenty years so much for the lucky country

#157 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

Not made in Australia, so irrelevant to the plant shutting down or not....

#158 RallyRed

RallyRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,857 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:56 PM

Hi guys......slightly off topic, but related....

Had a mate turn up at work in a brand new Mitsub. T/D twin cab 4WD ute today.

ME - "whats the go I said? ...didn't you have a 3 y.o. a G***t W**l ( think of a famous Chinese landmark that is similar to a huge fence ) that you bought new??

HIM - yeh , got rid of it, totally full of rust, windscreen and windows leaked and every time it rains, we ended up with 1" of water on the floors

ME - full of rust?..youre kidding...wouldn't it still be under warranty?

HIM - yeh , they fixed it 3 times, but I'm over it, the radiator support brackets were nearly rusted right thru, my missus didn't like putting the kids in it anymore. There was so much rust.

Me - shit eh.

Him - never again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users