S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,542 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:32 PM

NOS would have been around, but would not have needed to be labelled A9X specifically, as they were no different.

Spot on, they would have had a part number though.

#152 tuxedoss

tuxedoss

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:ss

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:32 PM

For 35 year old stickers in a glovebox they sure look very white and unmarked. Those gloveboxes musnt have had much use over the 35 years.

#153 _JohnUC_

_JohnUC_
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:41 PM

So JohnUC, what is the origin of this sticker? REDTAXI claimed earlier in this thread when OT posted his, to have seen one before but now it is BS?

It was on my car when I got it over twenty years ago. 

When cars are viewed for any reason......does anyone or even judges at car shows go through a glove box? I have never seen it done. Even at the 2004 A9X Nationals that I assisted judging with.....but hey, who the F&ck am I to know hey? Just re-built mine up over 20 years, every nut/bolt touched, a build from the ground up. I can tell you what manufacturer's stamping should be on every bolt head. Yes they are different and it all depended on what supplier during that period as they were different on earlier LX's. I have spend hundreds if not thousands of hours poring over these cars to get everything right for my build.

But hey as I said, what the hell would I know!.....I'm not A9X Guru.

Lol, fair enough. Shouldn't have said anything, not my place as i say i have never even seen a A9X so i should butt out. Appologies mate, i'll frock off now haha.

#154 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

Not even close to being convinced.

For starters Baron, I was judging those cars as well you may remember, and I did open every glove box, not one car had one.

You have had your car for over 20 years this is the first time it's ever come up.

Please please don't sit there and tell me you never saw that 20 years ago and asked other people if they had seen one before.

Outer, you have owned your car for a long time and never spotted it before, but when I asked why it's never mentioned before now you say because it's not important!? How can you say you never mentioned it because it was unimportant if you have only just now become aware of it?? It's importance is irrelevant.

Please don't tell me you guys and everyone associated with these cars don't go around picking every little tiny point you can on them and this has never come up before. I've been to A9X nationals before and heard all the discussions and if this had been spotted by anyone before, to be sure it would have come up no matter how insignificant you now claim it to be. Baron you say you know every nut and bolt, you built the car up from the ground, I can confirm that after having seen it as nothing but a shell,but how is it cars that have very low km and have never had so much as a paint touch up don't have it? How do I even know the glovebox in your car is the original?

BTW Darky, since the Guru thing is such an issue for you (and for the record I never put that in my profile), I have rectified it for you. I hope it puts a smile on your face.

My A9X hatch had been modified with a controller for the holley pro-jection fuel injection filling up glove box which has been removed leaving a hole the size of a 20c piece where wiring went through. I can now see in glove box.

#155 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

Hi John, thanks for understanding my spleen vent.   :blush:

#156 _doucmyuc_

_doucmyuc_
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

could we see pictures of more than one said sticker?

This is 2013 - i know everyone has a digital camera of some kind

#157 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

could we see pictures of more than one said sticker?

This is 2013 - i know everyone has a digital camera of some kind

Check there,s two been posted already.

#158 _doucmyuc_

_doucmyuc_
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:49 PM

not meaning to sound on the rude or arrogant side of the fence.

But why were both images taken with the exact same camera?

of the exact same sticker.

Edited by doucmyuc, 26 July 2013 - 08:52 PM.

#159 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:37 PM

Good pickup, I've looked again and yep,compared the two and we have two pictures of the same decal, yet in different cars "apparently". Have a very close look and rotate the pictures. Good windup from the SA boys.

not meaning to sound on the rude or arrogant side of the fence.

But why were both images taken with the exact same camera?

of the exact same sticker.

#160 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:17 PM

Do you guys need these reproduced??  :stirpot: 

#161 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:19 PM

I think someone is already doing them lol.

#162 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:07 AM

Wow, 7 pages LOL,

How many A9X owners ran out and checked their glove box.......come on, own up.........yep a shit load of you!

It was only my comment that every A9X should have one or they are a fake that got 7 pages. (God I wish it was the first of April.) 

Now with that bit aside, the sticker in my glove box is, as I said all along, Genuine and has been there as long as I have had the car 22 years.

Keep the theories coming as to it's origins, we could see 17 pages!

#163 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,599 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:17 AM

Hi All,

Sorry to butt in, could the A9X stickers be something you buy from the Auto Parts Shops at the Time - If there were more Pictures of Member Glove Boxes, we could determine if the Stickers were randomly placed. Dave I

#164 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:40 AM

Every day is the first of april

Wow, 7 pages LOL,

How many A9X owners ran out and checked their glove box.......come on, own up.........yep a shit load of you!

It was only my comment that every A9X should have one or they are a fake that got 7 pages. (God I wish it was the first of April.) 

Now with that bit aside, the sticker in my glove box is, as I said all along, Genuine and has been there as long as I have had the car 22 years.

Keep the theories coming as to it's origins, we could see 17 pages!

#165 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:36 AM

Could be an idea as other wise there seems to be a lot of imcomplete cars out there

#166 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Car:1976 LX SL/R

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:12 AM

the sticker in my glove box is, as I said all along, Genuine and has been there as long as I have had the car 22 years.

That doesn't prove it's genuine.

The PO could have replaced the glove box insert.

The sticker is upside down so I'm thinking when the person or machine placed the sticker either they handled the insert upside down or the machine was loaded the stickers upside down.  

It doesn't quite look like it was put in after the insert was installed unless the person was so bored of their job they slapped it in however they felt - this actually occurs however, as many engine bay stickers were put on crooked or had air bubbles.  The workers stuck them on in a hurry to move on to the next car.

s

#167 _doucmyuc_

_doucmyuc_
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

any credibility of the said sticker is out the door now anyway.

We should probably move onto the next topic of inkjet made stickers

#168 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:59 AM

any credibility of the said sticker is out the door now anyway.

So says you. ( & damn you know too much about photo properties)

To be honest, apparently very little on this forum has credibility. Which is why I was reluctant to put it out there in the first place. If it does does not fit the main stream of convention it is picked to death here. Go on admit it guys, like a pack of vultures.

All BS aside, my opinion on this sticker is that it was on a spare part and was then transferred to the GB by a previous owner. Why? well what would you do with such a sticker, throw it away? 

#169 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

Very little has credibility?

Honestly though, doucmyuc is right, what can you expect after a thread like this.

#170 _doucmyuc_

_doucmyuc_
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:55 AM

So says you. ( & damn you know too much about photo properties)

To be honest, apparently very little on this forum has credibility. Which is why I was reluctant to put it out there in the first place. If it does does not fit the main stream of convention it is picked to death here. Go on admit it guys, like a pack of vultures.

All BS aside, my opinion on this sticker is that it was on a spare part and was then transferred to the GB by a previous owner. Why? well what would you do with such a sticker, throw it away? 

I say that because only because you & Wayne tried to have a lend. (canon 60D is a good camera, canons always embed their images with serial numbers... however, wouldn't mind owning one :). )  Knowing all well - that if this was legitimate, people would be sceptical - as no one has ever come across such a decal or sticker like this before! yes of course people would jump on it, how would you expect them not to? Boy who cried wolf kinda scenario.

Forums have little credibility as you say - its the internet where anyone can say what they want and get away with it. I think if you are harboring some sort of grudge because everyone on the internet is a know it all/expert/my mate had this and said this etc etc, then you need to think about high school - and just like the internet there is always a few idiots! Let idiots be fools and have their own banta.

All BS aside, that it probably the most logical explanation for it!

Edited by doucmyuc, 27 July 2013 - 10:58 AM.

#171 RallyRed

RallyRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,858 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:57 AM

...may still be some life in this thread.....

just out of curiosity I had a look in the glovebox of my 1970 GTR,....yep, there it is.!!

It's pretty old and a bit yellowed , but clearly the same .

What was an A9-X in 1970???  Clearly not a car, so what was it?

Attached Files

#172 _doucmyuc_

_doucmyuc_
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:09 AM

lol i can tell you that was taken with a samsung or sony? :P

#173 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,001 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:10 AM

Wasn't there discussion some time ago about this type of sticker? (the little ones with EX HA XL) http://www.rarespare...?product=ED1014
That had A9X on them? Or something to do with a trim code or something?
Dunno? Just something stickin in my brayn? :dontknow:

#174 eyepeeler

eyepeeler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • Car:77 SL Hatchback, Chrome Yellow L34, LX IPRA Race Car the White Ghost

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

...may still be some life in this thread.....

just out of curiosity I had a look in the glovebox of my 1970 GTR,....yep, there it is.!!

It's pretty old and a bit yellowed , but clearly the same .

What was an A9-X in 1970???  Clearly not a car, so what was it?

It's a GTR with an identity crisis!! LOL

#175 RallyRed

RallyRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,858 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:25 AM

bloody stickers...there everywhere.....

seriously, an interesting conundrum this sticker thread.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users