aydens hatch stolen from byford wa 10am

• Please log in to reply
256 replies to this topic

#76 _LXSS350_

_LXSS350_
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

But I think they either knew me or had been given the information from someone who knew me as not many people knew where the car was or how to start it.

Yes that is how I thought the story would go. Not sure about others but you don't advertise where your torries sleep. Sure the scumbag thief might get lucky on a break-in, but that's not what I have found because these old cars have become a number 1 prize target for car thieves.

I used be quite happy to show off my cars but not any-more after I lost a lot of priceless and totally irreplaceable torana parts. It was because via word of mouth they new where they where, they new where the security system was and the camera locations etc I know from e-bay over the years that these parts ended up on the east coast but the police where simply not interested even though the reality is they had detailed marking descriptions on the police report that you just couldn't guess. Only a few lifelong mates know now and sadly that's my new attitude since such a big loss. Key is its not the value its the you can't buy these parts anywhere and never will be able to.

I am still bitter over it and every hatch rebuild I do makes me feel sick to know that I could have done it with nos parts.

I have only had one car stolen in my life which is probably more luck than anything. The GTS Monaro was stolen at the 1981 Perth Cup and after being chased at up to 180kph down the wrong way of leach hwy and being rammed by the police over the 3hr chase it ended up around a tree with the engine back in the cabin both kids in coma but unfortunately they survive. But karma was in their court appearance and charges and although I was arrested and charged the Monaro was not the only thing to get damaged (what can I say I was hot tempered when younger). The mother of one of the boys said she would knock herself off if he went to jail .When this was read out the judge didn't like my interruption when I yelled out I will supply the rope and hang the little c#ckhead from the tree outside the court door.

Work too hard to just have people steal your stuff imo.

#77 ls2lxhatch

ls2lxhatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:58 PM

Have you tried getting a story done on Today Tonight Perth?

The higher the profile the more likely someone will recognise the car or the thieves will get nervous.

Edited by ls2lxhatch, 30 November 2013 - 02:00 PM.

#78 _uctorry_

_uctorry_
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:48 PM

yep low life scum should be named and shamed

like you said its the blood sweat and swearing that you just cant put a price on

I agree with ls2lxhatch  the higher the profile and maybe a reward some one will know who and where it is

Hope it turns up mate

#79 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:53 PM

I must say thus far the polices advice has seemed strange.

Almost as if there advice is aimed at cutting down there workload more so than finding the car?

SURELY NOT??!!??

But more so is. If they get 50 calls a day from someone spotting an orange car due to you offering a reward, so be it, atleast they might find it, I highly doubt the car is going to go through either A a defect station or B doughnut king, the only two places they will look for your car.

Even on those two occasions theres a 70% chance they wont clue up and figure it out. 

Cheers.

Edited by Bomber Watson, 01 December 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#80 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Car:1976 LX SL/R

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

Sorry I can't really go into how they got it started

LH-LX and HQ-HX can be broken into and stolen the same way. The sedans can be broken into within a minute and with minimal or no damage. Coupes are trickier.

Starting them up takes a few seconds, if that first method fails, the next method takes a few minutes.  Thankfully most youngsters/thieves are into jap crap and wouldn't know how to steal an old Holden.

s

Edited by StephenSLR, 01 December 2013 - 03:57 PM.

#81 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,595 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:59 PM

could be in a shed across the road

#82 Neils LX

Neils LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Name:a

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

LH-LX and HQ-HX can be broken into and stolen the same way. The sedans can be broken into within a minute and with minimal or no damage. Coupes are trickier.

Starting them up takes a few seconds, if that first method fails, the next method takes a few minutes.  Thankfully most youngsters/thieves are into jap crap and wouldn't know how to steal an old Holden.

s

Theres some realy simple crims out there too, When my mates HQ GTS got pinched the crims smashed 2 rear windows and still half destroyed the dash to get it going. They realy had not done there homework. Car got found smashed up a gutter out of fuel with stereo and above damage done. Was uninsured and lucky for him he could fix it up as it was not torched like my other mates car ended up. 

#83 _gen3torrie_

_gen3torrie_
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:54 PM

The car was advertised like crazy on fb and i myself was one of the people out and about looking for it as it was stolen not far from me. It makes me think

#84 _Snowmart_

_Snowmart_
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:39 PM

It is a shame to hear after all the hard work and time that would have gone into building such a great car,
Some low life can take it so easily, and from comments seams like the cops can't do much .

Will keep an eye out for it on the gold coast incase it makes it over this way.

Hopefully you hear more news soon
Hope you do get it back Ayden

I remember when I use to live over that way 15 years ago that quite often cars would be stolen and dumped in the gnangarra pine plantation

#85 _nowaynicko_

_nowaynicko_
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:44 AM

Sorry to hear about your situation mate. Must be heart breaking..

Any updates Ayden?

#86 _202Corona_

_202Corona_
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:34 PM

If i owned something like that and it was stolen for this ammount of time , it would be hard for me to take it back. Just the though of some douch bag abusing it and destroying all my hard work would make my hope that wrap them selfs around a tree in the car. More of a go out in style for the car

#87 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:43 PM

Hey guys
Still no good news hey it's hard to imagine where the car is or what has been done to it. And it finally hit me good about 3-4 weeks ago, spent a few hours just sitting in it's spot in the garage drinking and remembering all the times I spent getting angry at it haha.
I have to give the detective a call on Monday to see if the names I provided lead to anything. One arrest had been made for another car theft and the detective said he believed he had something to do with mine but cleary wouldn't Confess for my car.

So the search goes on

Ayden

#88 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:26 PM

I was hoping they might find it in that lot they found last week or the week before in Cannington.

Still might be there and they haven't worked out what they've found yet.

#89 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:37 AM

Gutted for you Ayden, hope you have a change of luck soon.

#90 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts
  • Name:Barry
  • Car:1976 Mandarin Red SS Hatchback

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:53 PM

Hey guys
Still no good news hey it's hard to imagine where the car is or what has been done to it. And it finally hit me good about 3-4 weeks ago, spent a few hours just sitting in it's spot in the garage drinking and remembering all the times I spent getting angry at it haha.
I have to give the detective a call on Monday to see if the names I provided lead to anything. One arrest had been made for another car theft and the detective said he believed he had something to do with mine but cleary wouldn't Confess for my car.

So the search goes on

Ayden

That detective might like to offer this low life feral piece of dog shit a "PLEA BARGAIN" to get a lighter sentence for the car theft they've already got on him.

Hope the outcome is good

Barry

#91 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:22 PM

Good news is that if it was joyriders they would have found it by now and you probably wouldn't have wanted it back.

Chances are it is just a matter of time until it turns up.

I hope it is sooner rather than later mate, it must be doing your head in.

#92 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:37 PM

Good news is that if it was joyriders they would have found it by now and you probably wouldn't have wanted it back.

Chances are it is just a matter of time until it turns up.

I hope it is sooner rather than later mate, it must be doing your head in.

Dunno about that mate. More than likely to me its been broken up for parts by now and its a longshot to even get a body back, lets hope not and these lowlifes are caught.

#93 ant285

ant285

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Name:ant
  • Car:lj

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:24 PM

So, i seen a few facebook groups today saying that aydens torana has been spotted, being driven around and a a fuel station.
No plates on the car and being driven by a crackhead looking bloke.

#94 ant285

ant285

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Name:ant
  • Car:lj

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:42 PM

Unsure how true these sightings were as i now cant find the posts i seen earlier

#95 _Gtrxu140_

_Gtrxu140_
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:11 AM

I have also seen them posts.amazes me so many people see it driving around but cops cant find it.also how brazen they are to drive it around like no one would no the car how dumb are they.i so hope they are caught and hurt real bad.

#96 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,127 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:16 AM

Only a complete dumb arse would be driving that around on the street make sure those sightings are true
hard to believe but who knows

#97 WhaleOilBeefHooked

WhaleOilBeefHooked

Lord Humungus The Ayatolla of Rock N Rolla.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
  • Name:Andrew
  • Car:LJ GTR

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:21 AM

So thu mongrels not only stole the car now they're stealing fuel to go drive about in it... Maybe check all local servo's to see if they've had an orange torana "do a runner", Then ask nicely to inspect the video footage as might get a photo id on the waster, Failing that get Mr. Plod to inspect footage if available......

#98 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,595 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:29 AM

So, i seen a few facebook groups today saying that aydens torana has been spotted, being driven around and a a fuel station.
No plates on the car and being driven by a crackhead looking bloke.

Hi Ant,,

It's not good how, when FB people claim to see something, but cannot show proof of it hey, if they couldn't because it was to quick, then they should state that. Dave I 

#99 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Car:1976 LX SL/R

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:16 AM

Unsure how true these sightings were as i now cant find the posts i seen earlier

Sounds like young tossers pulling pranks.  Driving around in a Torana, it’s hard enough not to be spotted by cops, let alone one without plates.

s

#100 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,472 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:46 AM

Everyone has phones and the amount of random spottos people post on fb is staggering

Yet people see this car and get no pic ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users