• Guests

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:24 AM

How about some new mirrors ?  :D

Attached Files

#252 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:51 AM

a little 'skeleton'ie' for my taste. but very nice indeed! 

#253 _LS2 Hatch_

_LS2 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:00 PM

Just check the inlet flange size. 62 mm seems a tad large

#254 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:28 PM

Ill check, also found a few filters just have to decide on the right one. Grant do i have to worry about breathers like in the pictures you posted?

For now i finished my brake pedal and headlight re mounting. Drilled the bottom clamp and made up a bracket to bolt the light to. Spend hours re wiring and went to start... i wired the horn to the starter and scared the shit out of myself. Sorted that out later and also made up a plate for which to mount my accessory lights (faster than i could think of where i would even mount it). Also made up a bracket to mount my exhaust pipe, after which i realised im missing a baffle!! Explains why it makes this terrible roar every time i shut the throttle (i hope thats why). 

IMG_40361_zps186f748a.jpg

Anyone got a spare baffle?

Edited by judgelj, 03 April 2014 - 08:29 PM.

#255 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:42 PM

Looking cool. 

Some kinda filter on the breather would be nice, to stop shit getting in there, or our old mate Harry the Hornet building a nice nest in your rocker cover. 

Helped a mate of mine fit one of those but ugly Hypercharger bug catcher looking things to his once, we just got some brass gauze filters like they use for breathers for hydraulic systems and the like, cut the nipples off the hollow bolt with nipple things that used to run into the heads and had the breather hoses attatch to inside the air filter, and braized the filters on. 

Looked pretty neat. 

That was on a TC88 like mine, not sure if yourse is the same, or if that even makes sense. 

Edit, had a google to try to find a pick to make it clearer, looks like you can buy basically teh same thing here:

http://www.dkcustomp...ACI-BRBB-TC.htm

We used something like this:

20120217144933480.jpg

Either the one on the far left or far right, size pending, hard to tell from the pick. 

Cheers. 

Edited by Bomber Watson, 03 April 2014 - 08:47 PM.

#256 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:41 PM

That's a pretty neat idea and those bolts look awesome. Something pretty simple to work with I like it.

Turns out you can buy those bloody carb support brackets
http://www.dkcustomp...DK-ACI-SBXL.htm

Would save me making one and I can concentrate on welding up a mandrel bend for which to mount a filter. Very exciting stuff!

#257 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:53 PM

Ha, same mob makes everything!!!

#258 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:10 PM

And to think I was gonna make one... until I see aussie retail price and it's back to square one

#259 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:58 PM

Faaaar out i've had enough push starts for one day. Think the stator is deff gone!

I think i need to get some gaiters/rubber covers for the forks...

#260 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,595 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:05 PM

All you need is Skeleton Seat Jeff,

motorcycle10.jpg

http://www.toxel.com...ue-motorcycles/

http://www.vincelewi...t/bonebike.html

#261 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

thats a very 'skeletal bike'...

#262 _BARRY JACKPOT_

_BARRY JACKPOT_
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:15 PM

Saw that bike at the Peterson museum in LA. In the flesh it's absolutely monstrous.

#263 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:01 PM

is that supposed to be a tomb stone?

#264 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:32 AM

Im starting to think the front end needs to be lowered because i just hate looking at it from that angle.

How can i go about doing this? Cheap vs properly?

#265 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:09 PM

How can i go about doing this? Cheap

Have a fat mate sit on the handle bars...

#266 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:10 PM

The person that comes to mind will break them!

#267 _j.e.d._

_j.e.d._
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:20 PM

You tube is your friend...

#268 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:10 AM

Yeah i've seen those. I was thinking more towards dropping the triple clamps down 1" or so. 

After experiences more than techniques. 

#269 _j.e.d._

_j.e.d._
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:57 AM

All good. My only experience is lengthening the forks/changing triple trees to achieve more rake/longer look.

Your's doesn't look that bad from the last pic you posted, do you have a later pic showing it side on?

Edited by j.e.d., 16 July 2014 - 10:59 AM.

#270 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:04 PM

Looks fine from the side (thats the latest), But i absolutely HATE it when i see it from the front. Is it a harley thing? Just looks like it has forks that are too long even though they look ok side on.

I was hoping to sort of reduce the rake and length but i didnt want it to bottom out and crash me into a gutter. 

#271 _j.e.d._

_j.e.d._
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:23 AM

Looks fine from the side (thats the latest), But i absolutely HATE it when i see it from the front. Is it a harley thing? Just looks like it has forks that are too long even though they look ok side on.

It could well be a harley thing... those with more experience with harley's may know. I went the other way when I built this thing, raked trees 5 deg & 6 inch over forks cos I wanted that look. These are the only pic's I have prior to changing the pipes to V&H long shots..

Front:

20130903_123816.jpg

Side:

20130903_123749.jpg

I was hoping to sort of reduce the rake and length but i didnt want it to bottom out and crash me into a gutter. 

As long as it's done right it shouldn't be bad on handling. My understanding, & you probably already know this, is that reducing the rake & shortening the forks will give quicker steering & handling into corners & stuff. Not the kinda thing I worry about riding this thing of mine around...lol

#272 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:26 AM

Thats really nice, i like the rear end. Is it completely rigid? 

I know the handling will be better, i was just thinking i have to make sure it cant bottom out under heavy braking or bumps. But then again the brakes are so bad i dont think they have the bite to compress these forks! Do i just loosen the clamps and let the bike move down? 

#273 _j.e.d._

_j.e.d._
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:11 PM

Nah, it's a locally made aftermarket softail frame...hard enough ride for me!

You could try sliding the forks up but I would move them up more than 1/2 - 1inch. I don't have first hand experience of doing this sorry, maybe someone else could recommend if this works well or not. Guess it could be a cheap way to see if you like the look of a lowered front end  B)

Did a search & this seems to be done by others as well, & there is a good tip on how to check how much you can slide the forks up too:

http://xlforum.net/v...hp/t-44254.html

#274 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:33 PM

Is it the cable tie trick? Ill give it a go an " or so, see how it turns out. Thanks

#275 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:52 PM

I've been meaning to do this to mine, the cable tie trick and lowering the front, as since lowering the back and fitting the new bars its a lot harder to get into the corner. 

Its a way of seeing what the bike wants, and its free, so its all good by me. 

Cheers. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users