Has been Torana owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,532 posts
  • Name:Gerry
  • Car:HQ GTS Replica 350.

Posted 04 July 2006 - 08:10 AM

Guys and Gals,

For your information. A friend of mine had his house broken into the other night in an attempt to steal his XU!. This took place in Sydney. They removed several cars to get at it. This all took place while they were asleep in the house. Luckily the car had a good immobiliser and after rolling the car down the street they were unable to start it. However, they stole a brand new Mazda 6 to get away in. This was obviously an organised attempt at the XU1 according to the Police. They knew the car was there and we suspect that they had used other Holden keys to get into it therefore causing no damage. They actually searched the house to try and find the corerct keys and immobiliser pad so they are prepared to do whatever it takes. He is extremely lucky to have found it down the road in the morning!

Please be very wary about how you secure your car. Our cars are not just increasing in value to us but also to the avid theif! Make sure you have a good insurance policy and home security. Although the person is a member here he is not a regular poster. This is just to make people aware of the situation and to make sure everyone spreads the word.

Many thanks!

Redslur.

#2 lxsstorana

lxsstorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts
  • Name:Mick
  • Car:SS Hatchback

Posted 04 July 2006 - 08:39 AM

Thanks for the information Redslur, probably a timely reminder for all of us to look at our car security. Strongly recommend a kill switch, alarm or immobiliser be fitted to your car (especially if you live in Sydney). Sydney has one of the highest incidents of car theft in the world, you're more likely to have your car stolen in Sydney than in America (not something to be proud of but beware of).

#3 _MRNOS_

_MRNOS_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 08:43 AM

Due to the price of parts-ie ebay, these cars are perfect for theives to make big money out of parts, every1 needs to ensure they have good security on their cars and in their sheds/garages, I say to make sure you've got a cattle dog in your garage!-the silent assasin!

#4 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts
  • Name:Howard
  • Car:1976 LX SLR8000

Posted 04 July 2006 - 08:56 AM

These people are total scum and our job is to make their life as hard and miserable as possible by placing as many obstacles as possible between them and our car(s).

#5 _Shayde_

_Shayde_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 10:33 AM

My house was broken into shortly after I picked up my R33. Nothing was stolen, but it was clear they were looking for keys to steal my Skyline. Make sure you keep your keys in a safe place, be a little paranoid. You never know what can happen. It's best to be prepared.

#6 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 10:50 AM

Good to hear the scum bags didnt get away with the XU1 and a very big reminder to all to be very carefull.

Shayde, there is a skyline forum lol

cheers
GTR-XU1

#7 _Shayde_

_Shayde_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 10:56 AM

I know. I am a torrie fan also. I'm more regular on the SAU forums :)

#8 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 11:05 AM

Thanks for the reminder re scum and theft Redslur.
I was thinking that extra cars parked behind the Torry would make it somewhat safer, this is obviously not the case to the professional car thief.
I am glad I have an imobiliser but lately I have been thinking of buying or better still making a clamping device for the wheel.

Has anyone here tried making a clamp of any kind?

Yes I know about extra switches to imobilise etc but they do not prevent the car being rolled away and onto a trailer.

Cheers
Herne

#9 _Shayde_

_Shayde_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 11:14 AM

I know of some people chaining their car to the ground in their garage. You can be very creative here. :P

#10 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 11:50 AM

just a couple of cheap alarm devices i found

http://cgi.ebay.com....1QQcmdZViewItem

I like the last 3.

#11 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 12:07 PM

if any one is going to get a security system for thier shed then dont get one of the cheap ones like they advertise on telly for $99 ive been in the industry for 5 years and i can tell you that most of them can very easily be out smarted, i wont say how but lets just say its not that hard.

#12 LC69GTR

LC69GTR

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 12:09 PM

Here is another good alarm
Posted Image

#13 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 12:12 PM

Your mate slept thru all that?

I woulda been PUNCHIN and SMASHIN theifes across the Bass Strait....

John

#14 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,075 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 July 2006 - 12:17 PM

LC69GTR, that is a bloody big picture lol.

Car thiefs are scum.

RIM

#15 _doucmyuc_

_doucmyuc_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 12:27 PM

unfortunately its an all to common thing now.

For the thieves doing the job they could get a few thousand for doing it.

I suggest getting some big hardend boat chains and bolting your car to the floor. Throw it around the diff and have i bolted to a fat steel plate thats dyna bolted 4 inched into the concrete. That along with steering wheel locks, kill switches, alarms, motion sensors around the garage, cltuch and handbrake locks, padlocked bonnet all make their job that little bit harder.

If a thieve was to get away with a car like above, they would have to be a master magician.

#16 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 01:03 PM

at least the law are starting to come around, here in sa its legal to do what ever you deem neccesary to protect your property during a home invasion and i reckon that would include your garage,you just have to call the police first and i wouldnt want to use to much force. i mean i reckon you would have a bit of a battle if you shot some one for wandering around your front yard or if a kid jumped your back fence to get his ball. but like i said at least they are saying you should ring the police and just watch and wait :spoton:

sorry i hate thieves, i konw that would put me out of a job but i could live with that

Edited by LX8VD69, 04 July 2006 - 01:05 PM.

#17 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 04 July 2006 - 03:18 PM

Thanks for the heads up Red. It worries me ALOT!

I'll never forget the picture i saw...

"This house protected by WINCHESTER 4 days a week... You guess which 4".

#18 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 03:31 PM

is that a labrador with rabies?

#19 _dave720gtr_

_dave720gtr_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 05:02 PM

Yes worries us all ! i would hate to think what i would do if i caught
some one in my house or garage , all guns blazzing :shoot: :shoot:
there the scum of the earth and thay should be exterminated!

#20 surfmaster

surfmaster

Marineboy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 05:57 PM

Thanks for the heads up Red. It worries me ALOT!

I'll never forget the picture i saw...

"This house protected by WINCHESTER 4 days a week... You guess which 4".

How about......

I'm not much of a fighter but my Smith & Wesson will go six rounds.

#21 _user asked to be removed_

_user asked to be removed_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 05:58 PM

Yeah, it's pretty hard, if anyone goes into our house at night, my dog, no matter who it is, will bark his bgucking head off and try and do what he can to get you, he doesn't like things he cannot see, I have tested this, no matter how much I say "No boy, it's only me" He will go crazy until he can see my face. lol, I want one of those signs Tiny

#22 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 06:12 PM

it shits me how these idiots do this ,taking other peoples property to get a few bucks probably for drugs. Yet they think they can get away with it has me puzzled as the xu1 is a very rare car and anyone with xu1 stuff forsale would be tracked down as suspects. It sickens me how they think the can me a few quick bucks like that. Also beware everyone rumor has it nowadays they are stealing old grandpa and rough cars and taken em to the scrap metal jonits whatched a good show on the abc the other night.

cheers chevy

#23 _user asked to be removed_

_user asked to be removed_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 06:15 PM

Also beware everyone rumor has it nowadays they are stealing old grandpa and rough cars and taken em to the scrap metal jonits whatched a good show on the abc the other night.

I watched that too aswell, it was on late, but they talked about vechile identity theft, it was a really good story, they would steal one car, and anothers one identity, and the other person wouldn't know or something, but it was a really good story, problem, shows like that give people bad ideas

#24 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 04 July 2006 - 06:16 PM

:spit: :spoton: Surfmaster :spoton: :spit:

Chevy: I think you'll find that its not druggies that have done this kind of thing. As was written in the post they used a variety of holden keys to get into it without damage.. THey want this car... probably to mate with some tags and a chassis number that they purchased off a well known internet auction site..... Re-Birthing.. Not NORMALLY the realm of drug #@$^%& idiots... I;d say these people were well researched and knew their stuff. I'd be moving teh car to another safe location and putting in its place a land mine.... Lets hope they come back for another go.. *BOOM*

Cheers!

#25 surfmaster

surfmaster

Marineboy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 07:37 PM

Did this happen anywhere near Lachemba?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users