Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts
  • Name:Mick
  • Car:SS Hatchback

Posted 06 July 2006 - 04:24 PM

or deport to AUSTRALIA :tease:

Close, but I reckon we deport all car thieves to Tasmania (after we get the decent people out with their belongings, especially toranas). Tasmania is perfect, a small island (obviously surrounded by water and sharks) and nice cold climate. I also notice that alot of people have made threats against car thieves, just one suggestion, make sure they can't find the body and you should be alright. :rolleyes:

#52 retired308

retired308

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 05:30 PM

no way just send the toranas down we will store them all here ,
easier to keep the thieves on the big island, after watching the show on the ABC on car thieves, i don't think i'd be attacking a thief, just let them go, looks
like they have lots of nasty associates and they know where you live,i think family
comes before a car. please dont go shooting someone you blokes.
I dont think a dog will stop the pro's and we have already heard of what happens to the poor dog if it gets in the way.
not sure how to stop it.

#53 _user asked to be removed_

_user asked to be removed_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2006 - 05:49 PM

Crossbows, Guns and knives lol
But remember, if we shoot or hurt them, and they get locked up, I don't think they would be comming back for a long time

#54 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:46 PM

[QUOTE]Liam.W Posted on Jul 6 2006, 05:49 PM
Crossbows, Guns and knives lol
But remember, if we shoot or hurt them, and they get locked up, I don't think they would be comming back for a long time

uhh dont you mean but remember if we shoot or hurt them theyl turn around and sue us ... in some ways its unfair how the system works ive heard stories of people breaking into cars in someones yard and being attacked by there dogs and possibly tripping over there stuff and turning around and suen these innocent victims ?????????

#55 _gtr161s_

_gtr161s_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2006 - 09:27 PM

I grew up in sydney, i had 3 lc/lj gtr/xu1's stolen between 82-90.
You couldnt bolt em down, the 2nd last one had its steering wheel cut to remove the crook hook, by passed then removed the alarm and found the fuel lock.
I cried, luckilly 2 weeks later i found it sitting in a side street about 10k away, they ran out of petrol cause it had no dash as it was being recalibrated!
The last one they tried everything including pushing it up my dirt driveway hill. I #@$^%& them this time because i converted a valiant electronic dizzy to fit a holden so with the modulator removed it was to difficult to figure out how to get it going. But my car still coped it though, they took the caps off the triples and filled them with sand then dragged one of the caps along the hole side of the body.

The only reason why it drew so much attention was i advertised it, say no more.

#56 _dave720gtr_

_dave720gtr_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2006 - 09:48 PM

just one suggestion, make sure they can't find the body and you should be alright. :rolleyes:

should be all right not always ! a fella up hear is in jail for murder for one person
posibly 3 no bodys have ever been recovered but a jury locked him up DNA dosent lie

#57 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2006 - 09:57 PM

I remember back many years ago someone got killed trying to sell his black XU1.. The theives/killers responded to the add in the trading post and come to take it for a test drive, they bashed abducted the owner and killed him all for his car..This was at the same time mum was trying to sell her SS hatch, after this my uncle would then have his shotgun in his hands hiding behind the front door while my other uncle was dealing with the potential buyers and stricktly no test drives unless one stayed behind and they handed over there drivers lisence..

Sad thing to have to lose your life just so some rat can profit some car parts..

John

#58 Gump

Gump

Paisty White

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Name:Russell
  • Car:LX SL hatch

Posted 06 July 2006 - 11:27 PM

ive got an early warning system jack russell and an alarm traceys Boxer. only problem is they seem to go off all the time.

ive got a few mates that are in to pig hunting and gave sum pretty good dogs. pretty good if one dog can stop a running boar think the recent one was 100 odd kilos not the biggest but th most recent.

#59 bryanw

bryanw

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 01:01 AM

maybe screen all buyers by ringing them back before any info is given, then meet them at their place.
it is a very low % of people, but now we are all stranger danger!

I lost mags and tools from a locked shed after an add, cops didn't bother, didn't want a statement. then laughed at it because of how much detail I put in about my tool box. 50klms away, another cop also had a laugh at my expense when the discription was read. 2 weeks later he found the 3 bastards.
he came and saw me, and said I couldn't of described it better. and thanked me.
said he saw the tool box in this guys boot and recognised it straight away.
then they returned lots of stuff I didn't even realise was missing. typical.

last year I young guy was taken for a test drive by a lady saleperson in a new wrx, she offered him a drive, as she got out, he locked the doors, climbed over and drove away leaving her stranded on a back road. wrx never seen again.
she was shaken so bad she changed professions.

the problem is if these scum are caught, they get a slap on the wrist.
put them to work till they have payed for all the damage they cause, then some.
3 strikes and your out sounds good. throw the key away.
they won't be having any kids to follow in their footsteps either!

#60 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:30 PM

john was that an orignal black xu1 or a respray any articles on it or what state it happened in was it a 8 or 6

cheers chevy

#61 _Azza_

_Azza_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:50 PM

or deport to AUSTRALIA  :tease:

Close, but I reckon we deport all car thieves to Tasmania (after we get the decent people out with their belongings, especially toranas). Tasmania is perfect, a small island (obviously surrounded by water and sharks) and nice cold climate. I also notice that alot of people have made threats against car thieves, just one suggestion, make sure they can't find the body and you should be alright. :rolleyes:

I think munro meant they deported thieves to australia..

Alls i know is if i cought someone attempting to brake into my car i would break their knees and make them walk home.

Capital punishment for stealing is a top idea

#62 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2006 - 12:09 AM

Chevy i dont no much about the black XU1 only that it was a V8.. Im pretty sure it was a melbourne car..It happend many years ago, from memory it was almost 20 years ago in the mid to late 80s. From what i remember they eventualy got the thieves selling the car in parts in the trading post...

John

#63 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2006 - 03:27 AM

maybe screen all buyers by ringing them back before any info is given, then meet them at their place.
it is a very low % of people, but now we are all stranger danger!

Yes, I always insist on returning the call (land line) b4 giving out my own address, some have refused........a lost sale? perhaps.........but I havent had any bad experiences either.
If they are crims, they know their phone number( or their moms, mates, employer) will be provided to Police if anything dodgy occurs.
Yes it may be a phone booth! or someother phone thats not traceable.

#64 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 04:26 AM

I just did the old fashioned chase them down and thump the crap out of them routine...well when he run between 2 parked cars and hit the tow bar that helped.

Remember the full nelson? WWF Style...I held that bastard for 35 mins until the cops rocked up...he was begging me to let him go..funny shit.

The other time I was in Hospital and I remember thinking in my drug haze.."There goes a car that sounds the same as mine" Buggers bought it back..with a buggered gearbox.....I pick someone who i thought was either involved or would know who was and bribed him....took me 3 months but 2 people were kicked out of the military and 3 went to jail and I got $800.

You have to do it all yourself...noone can get the job done for you.

#65 _torana_

_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:59 AM

If someone follows you home never go straight home, go to the petrol station or somewhere public and wait a while and scope them out first. Drive to the cop station is a good idea. You dont need people knowing where you live.

Another one is take two wheels of and leave them in your house chained together. Its hard work for one person let alone two people to carry two wheels chained together through your house and not make any noise.

you could also disconnect all your brake lines. :D

cheers julian

Edited by torana, 09 July 2006 - 09:00 AM.

#66 _torana_

_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:38 AM

my dad told me a great story about a few bikers he works with.

apparently one day these bikers caught a guy trying to steal their xd falcon in their driveway while they where out the back having a few quiet drinks at night. They grabbed this guy tied him up and locked him in the boot, and reversed the car into the backyard, and sat around having a few more drinks talking about what to do with him and an hour later drove him out to the bush with their wipper snipper in the back seat and dealt out a little punishment of their own. Needless to say the guy never come back or reported it. Just went home and licked his welts i guess.

#67 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:19 PM

haha great story torana i geuss you could always do what mr bean does

padlock up the drivers door and take the steering wheel with ya

or just lock the doors :P

cheers chevy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users