Photo

WARNING

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#26 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 08:18 PM

Don't know that claiming you have a firearm stashed in the house is a great idea. Perhaps the thief or thieves may think its a bluff, perhaps they think you really have one and stay away, perhaps they case the joint looking for a firearm to steal,perhaps they appear on the doorstep unexpected with a firearm wanting yours.........I hope I dont generate any American gun lobby logic here.

Edited by devilsadvocate, 04 July 2006 - 08:23 PM.

#27 _user asked to be removed_

_user asked to be removed_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 08:24 PM

Devils, you need a gun safe, that needs to weigh in at 150kg, or bolted into a concrete surface, and it has to be in a room that is barley used. And it can only be acsessed by the owner, so I you can claim it, but you cannot have it ready at all times...

#28 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 08:49 PM

Yeah, it's pretty hard, if anyone goes into our house at night, my dog, no matter who it is, will bark his bgucking head off and try and do what he can to get you, he doesn't like things he cannot see, I have tested this, no matter how much I say "No boy, it's only me" He will go crazy until he can see my face.

:furious: my place in the city was done over many years ago, my large german sheppard was traumatised beyond belief. If the bastards r so hell bent of getting something off ya property do it when no-ones around and leave the damn animals alone. I didnt care about the property damage, but my beautiful dog was a mess after and eventually i had 2 put him down as he started biting everyone. Heart breaking.

#29 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 09:00 PM

Devils, you need a gun safe,

No I don't!

#30 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 09:02 PM

my place in the city was done over many years ago, my large german sheppard was traumatised beyond belief. If the bastards r so hell bent of getting something off ya property do it when no-ones around and leave the damn animals alone. I didnt care about the property damage, but my beautiful dog was a mess after and eventually i had 2 put him down as he started biting everyone. Heart breaking.

:cry: im sorry i love german shepherds more then i love toranas if thats possible, but not that way :cry: :cry: :cry:

#31 _LJ355_

_LJ355_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 09:23 PM

I had a similar experience about 2 years ago id been out riding my brand new RM 250 at a motocross track at appin south of sydney next night my bike and 2 month old ss ute got pinched scum broke into my house while me and my girlfriend were asleep got my keys from the kitchen took our mobiles aswell then helped them selves to my garage i didnt hear a thing my ute was found in minto and i live on the northern beaches these c##ts followed me home to get my bike the ute was parked in front of the door so they had to move it to get the bike who knows what would of happened if i had of woken up there was obviuosly more than one of them these scumbags will do anything to get what they want the bike has never been recovered hope they break there f##ken necks.

#32 _BCR42Y_

_BCR42Y_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 10:24 PM

Hey All,

It angers me when i hear about the arseholes out there! My dads last L31 SLR was stolen about 6 times, usually by joy riders, the last time it went we never saw it again.

I work in the Real Estate Industry, you would not believe what i have seen!

Whilst working in an "upmarket" part of town, with all the high tech security the complex had to offer, in one night some theives got into the building i looked after by scaling the side of it and entered on the fourth floor.

From there, they went balcony to balcony which wasnt too hard as it was the middle of summer and everyone had there balcony doors open.

There must have been a fair few of them, as in the one night a Porche GT two, Mazda RX8, Clubby R8 and a fair few more cars all went missing, as did phones, wallets, keys, laptops.

This happened at about 3am in the morning while everyone was asleep.

They are ruthless out there and will not stop at anything,

Just last week in Ultimo they smashed down a Fire Rated back door, solid timber, they went straight through it while the tenant was upstairs, took the keys to his new MPS 6 mazda what ever they are, went to the security carpark, waived at all the cameras and took the car.

The building manager made contact with the local authorities to show them the tapes, i understand to this day nothing has happened.

I am not having a shot at anyone here, as i know they are busy, but i think they should come down alot harder, or let the owners of the vehicles have there way with these people.

Lets all keep together on this, if you see someone sus, dont wait for a second, thump them, and then ask questions, thats the way SYDNEY has to be now!

#33 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2006 - 11:54 AM

Devils, you need a gun safe, that needs to weigh in at 150kg, or bolted into a concrete surface, and it has to be in a room that is barley used. And it can only be acsessed by the owner, so I you can claim it, but you cannot have it ready at all times...

guns take to long to get from your gun safe and if the thieves get them from you you and your family are in more trouble.

This is where a compound bow and hunting tipped arrows has its advantages.

you dont need to lock these up hanging on the bedroom wall is fine. this will stop a wild Boar so will be no match for a thief. and there silent dont even know where the shot come from.

only problem then is youd have to sell the xu1 to pay for a lawyer to keep ya ass out of jail.

it all just sucks when scum bags think they deserve yout property more than you

#34 bryanw

bryanw

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 01:09 PM

If push comes to shove I'd rather be tried by 12, than carried by 6

there is no justice if you are the victim.

#35 _Dirty Deeds_

_Dirty Deeds_
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2006 - 04:24 PM

Yeah, it's pretty hard, if anyone goes into our house at night, my dog, no matter who it is, will bark his bgucking head off and try and do what he can to get you, he doesn't like things he cannot see, I have tested this, no matter how much I say "No boy, it's only me" He will go crazy until he can see my face.

:furious: my place in the city was done over many years ago, my large german sheppard was traumatised beyond belief. If the bastards r so hell bent of getting something off ya property do it when no-ones around and leave the damn animals alone. I didnt care about the property damage, but my beautiful dog was a mess after and eventually i had 2 put him down as he started biting everyone. Heart breaking.

Yep, same thing happened to us. I had a LH SLR5000 with a Gulliver alarm. I used to park it on Mum and Dad's front lawn as we only had one garage.

One night when we were all out, some thieves prived the bonnet open and the alarm sounded.
Our Shepherd came running around to the car and the low-lifes slashed his throat and left him to bleed to death. He was only 2.
Somehow the neighbours heard the screams from the dog and called the Police who called a vet.

The dog survived but was a mess. After the attack, he was scared of his own shadow. Never recovered and only lived to be 8.

I hope the would-be thieves experience agony in life, just like they served up to our dog.

BTW: Our current dog ( Choc Labrador ) was born 050505, naturally we called him BROCK.

#36 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 05 July 2006 - 05:00 PM

^^^ Oh my god, slitting an animals throat, that is the lowest of low... lol brock. My dogs name is J.B for Jim Beam

#37 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2006 - 09:20 PM

yes you just dont know who to trust these days. its sometimes some one you know or someone you have meet.

hurting dogs is just not on.

my two year old dobermann is called torrie

TORRIE

all we can do is our up most best to protect our cars

cheers

#38 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2006 - 09:45 PM

our mastiff is called "ouch give me my arm back" or "$hit your a big dog" and the bullarb is called, well get in my yard and youll find out when i get her off you. Just make it as hard as you can for the scum.
cheers
GTR-XU1

#39 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:08 PM

J.B being J.B

Posted Image

Out of the whole floor, he had to sleep on that pillow, all curled up, his pretty lazy for a cattle dog, although we walk him ATLEAST 3 times a day and he goes to the park for 2 hours and runs his head off... His bite is not weak either...

#40 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:32 PM

My 2 lil dogs are good alarms but would only manage to rip there socks off...Pomeranians...lol

Guns could be fun but i like to get involved and personal when someone trys to steel or harm my HATCH..

Posted Image

Ill let you guys gues the rest...

John

Edited by TORANASS, 05 July 2006 - 10:33 PM.

#41 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:34 PM

we have 3 big ass dogs just ask the postie they run to the front door when the doorbell rings and welll he was a new postie and looked up and saw these dogs running towards him he ran out and slammed the gate shut and was too scared to come back in hahaha

cheers chevy

#42 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:48 PM

That scares the shit out of me!! What makes it worse is that about 2 days ago my girlfriend got followed to my house (straight after the terrigal cruise) by a BMW full of lebz, they pulled up bout 3 doors down and my torry was sitting in the driveway as i couldnt get it into the backshed (mumz car was in the drive thru garage and i was lazy wen i got home) but yeh about 2 hours later i went to put the old girl away and they were all still sitting there, but i got in, started it up and all of a sudden a big ass leb dude was tappin on my window, so i wound it down and 4 more came over, i was shitting myself, even had my hand on the club lock under my seat, but they were pushy as shit tryin to see if id sell my car, cus his cousin had an LX and wanted an LJ. I was polite and said that no i didnt want to sell it as id spent so much time/money on it and i was still enjoying it. yada yada yada, but yeh they werent overly rude just arogant and pushy, but i had the thought that, hey... they know where it lives now, now that i know peopl actually break into houses, get keys and steal cars makes me nervous. Atleast i can get my german shepard in 3 months wen i can afford to feed it (mumz rules). I'v got a nice big hunting knife tucked under my matress for home invaders (we live right near a large housing commision estate)

After that rant.. on a positive note at about 6.30 on sunday night i went out to move a car (VK calais) from the front of my step dads shop to round the back and on the hoist and i was fumbling round with the keys in the dark, and just as i got in and got the in the ignition, a paddy wagon puled in, the driver jumped out the passenger copper was ready to jump out, and i thought "shit wats goin on" so i opened the door and the copper says "have you got keys to that car mate" i showed him and explained that i couldnt find the key hole, and he said that it just looked sus as they were driving past. (i thought it was a noise complaint... we had sanders and compressors going from 8 in the morn till like 8 at night) but yeah at least they give a shit (well some of em).

CHEERS Chris :rockon:

Anyone that hurts an innocent animal deserves to get F*CKED ON BIG TIME, its just plain wrong. :furious:

#43 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:55 PM

keep it locked up and safe mate if they come around again offer to help look for a car for them and try and swing it onto a car forsale maybe they are torana enthusiasts stuck in a bmw ???? :huh:

but i see your point and i agree if they seemed pushy then i would keep the car hidden fora while and always take off the coil lead

and finally yes i do agree as welll who ever hurts animals deserves what they did to the animal to themselves its just not human to do that sh!t

cheers chevy

#44 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:56 PM

If i ever cought some rat fink hurting someones pet i would make sure i hurt them real bad, i would dedicate the next hour to them entirly just to couse them great pain and discomfort..

Im an animal lover and would seriously damage a person permanantly if i got them hurting someone elses pet for no reason just to get a kick..

John

#45 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,962 posts
  • Name:Barry
  • Car:1976 Mandarin Red SS Hatchback

Posted 05 July 2006 - 11:42 PM

LC69GTR

That's not a bloody big picture, that's a bloody big dog :spoton:

Or at least it has bloody big teeth :tease:

It may not be a good idea to display a sticker on your car saying "This car is protected by a Cobra Alarm" 'cause it only lets the ol' mah fuggers know how to get around disarming the alarm. :blink:

Regards ......................... Barry

#46 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 11:45 PM

bring back capital punishment.
they used to hang for stealing.

#47 _munro_

_munro_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:06 AM

bring back capital punishment.
they used to hang for stealing.

or deport to AUSTRALIA :tease:

#48 Redslur

Redslur

Has been Torana owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,532 posts
  • Name:Gerry
  • Car:HQ GTS Replica 350.

Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:12 AM

Just to top things off, my wife rang me last night from work and advised me she was going to be late home because one of her employees had their car stolen from out the front of the school where they work. The young girl saw them drive off in it but it was too late. The pricks just don't understand the effect it has on people when they take their transport away. I hope things don't happen in three's in the case!!!!!

#49 retired308

retired308

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:34 AM

thats a sad and disturbing tale, big dogs+ guns+ swords
and crossbows, hope the toranas and loved ones are safe.
????????????????????????????????????????????????????
what's the place come too over there,

#50 _355lxss_

_355lxss_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2006 - 01:01 PM

its very sad that you cant even enjoy your cars in your own home without feeling scared that someone might steal it throughout the night!

I know that if i cought some trying to steal my car i would make sure they get tought a lesson and would never steal a car again!

As many people have mentioned a dog is a good idea and doesnt cost too much to feed, well depending on what breed you have :D I have a beautiful american staffy x pitt bull, very protective and always hungry :D A good home alarm is also good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users