Photo

Castlemain/Waddintons - Steer clear, pack of idiots.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
89 replies to this topic

#51 Bart

Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  • Car:LJ Torana

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

Regarding the sheet metal/skins sounds like the tooling is way off.

#52 _ljshawn_

_ljshawn_
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

I was over in Vic, so I walked in to buy a Chassis Kit for the LC. They had sold out, but had one there waiting for the customer to pick up. So, they rang the customer and asked if I could have it cause I was over from Perth. Customer was nice enough to let me have it.

Thats when the good service ended.

While there, I also asked for a Crossmember to Suit the RB30DET Gearbox (which they make). He hands me a TH700 cross member with "TH700" written on it and says thats the one, I then say no I don't think so, this goes on back and forth before I give up and say ok.

Chuck it on the trailer and I went on my merry way, got back to Perth and found the kit was missing some bits, so they sent them in the mail.

I then went to bolt up the motor and box, with the $240 TH700 cross member, and hey guess what, no where near the mount. :banghead: Give them a ring, oh thats not right, can you send it back in the mail at your cost and we will send you the correct one at your cost...... I said I would make it myself...

Anyone need a TH700 CRS crossmember to suit LC?

Where are you located? How much do you want for it? Send me a pm thanks

#53 MODNIZD

MODNIZD

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Name:Phil
  • Car:4 Door LC RB25DET

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:19 AM

Where are you located? How much do you want for it? Send me a pm thanks

Pmed.

#54 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:07 AM

So does anybody have a positive thing to say about these guys?

#55 WhaleOilBeefHooked

WhaleOilBeefHooked

Lord Humungus The Ayatolla of Rock N Rolla.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
  • Name:Andrew
  • Car:LJ GTR

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:22 AM

Positively Careless from my experience... Although I haven't / wont deal with Wadd......

#56 Neils LX

Neils LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Name:a

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:46 AM

Yeah I like the Furphy water cart in CRS car park. That's a positive thing.

#57 LJ RB30

LJ RB30

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts
  • Name:Trevor

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:21 PM

So does anybody have a positive thing to say about these guys?

They make you improve your cutting/drilling/welding skills !

#58 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:51 AM

I am surprised to read this,

Only because I have received PMs immediately on threads that denigrate this company ( they found one that was YEARS old...) and this hasn't come up to me yet.

I will ask PLEASE.

Keep all posts on topic, and related to your EXPERIENCES.

To be fair to both the posters who all have a VALID reason to be posting with their experiences, and also to the company to have their right of reply, I will remove any posts that have only opinions expressed (Especially if the poster has not used their products).

Of course i will leave all posts that discuss personal experiences and especially those with these photos showing the problems encountered.

The other admin team have been notified about this thread too, so we will be watching.

Good luck for a decent resolution.

#59 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:47 PM

Any anyone that wants to put a 1J or 2J into an LC/LJ should speak with Mark Hinson at EZE10s performance

He is currently racing a "spare parts car" with a 1J, and is building a monster 2J both in Little torries!

I can vouch for his workmanship and quality!

http://www.eze10sperformance.com.au/

#60 _waddingtons_

_waddingtons_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:17 PM

To the public of the GMH.TORANA forum.

Waddingtons have been business owners for over 40 years now and have a good understanding of the importance of customer feedback, both positive and negative, when running a business. They understand that feedback comes with owning any business and have always done there absolute best to make customers happy.

Waddingtons views have not changed since purchasing The Castlemaine Rodshop. Waddingtons take these comments very seriously hence the reason they wanted to respond to the feedback on this forum. Waddingtons do suggest if you have an issue, to please contact management.  

Waddingtons and The Castlemaine Rod Shop send out products daily to businesses and individuals locally, interstate and worldwide. Waddingtons and The Castlemaine Rodshop carry over 6000 different products and unfortunately, when a business carries this many products, no matter what type of business it is, there will always be issues that arise from time to time. In saying this, issues can only be rectified if brought to management’s attention.  

When Waddingtons spoke to Justin about his front-end, they acknowledged that there was an issue. In order for Waddingtons to rectify the issue, they offered to pay freight each way so that there was no out of pocket expense to Justin.

Instead of taking up Waddingtons offer, we understand that Justin decided to cut and modify the front end himself. Unfortunately, this meant our engineered product was no longer covered under the engineers report.

Once again, we do suggest that if you have an issue to please contact management and Waddingtons and The Castlemaine Rodshop will do their absolute best to rectify any issue. Please do not attempt to modify products yourselves. Not only do management need to be made aware if there are issues with any products but you may also find yourself in the same situation as Justin.

Regards,     

Waddingtons and The Castlemaine Rod Shop

#61 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • Name:AL
  • Car:SMP LJ GTR V8 Prototype-Confirmed By HHS and Ex GMH XW7 Engineers

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:50 PM

I rang up when Rod owned the pace, and asked him advice about doing a V8 LJ, he was very happy to tell me anything I needed to know about it on the phone, even said call back any time if you need to, and the same with John Taverna when I rang him on advise and about his Pink LJ V8 Torana etc, RIP John Taverna

Edited by xu2308, 19 March 2014 - 04:50 PM.

#62 lakeside

lakeside

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC SBC

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:19 PM

All well and good to send an item back but shouldn't things fit the first time since your been in business for 40yrs or not?

Edited by lakeside, 20 March 2014 - 05:20 PM.

#63 _NewsuxLX_

_NewsuxLX_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:54 PM

Damn straight. I tried to return my door skins but was unable to as i bought them 2-3 years ago which i understand it was awhile ago but really the product hasnt changed. It wouldnt have fit any better if i fitted it when i first got it. Oh well. I just feel sorry for the suckers you see walking around in their trailer at swapmeets and shows being wowed and taking catalogs....

#64 r2160

r2160

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Name:Glenn
  • Car:2/71 LC GTR, 4/71 LC 4 'S'

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

What about a couple of knowledgeable members organise a day with Waddingtons to check out the torana related gear they have, and identify if it is correct.

Perhaps as a sign of faith from Waddingtons.

cheers

Glenn

#65 _NewsuxLX_

_NewsuxLX_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:37 PM

Not a bad idea glenn. They really need a couple of shells there to fit some of there components to see what fits and what doesnt. Fair enough they have "jigs" to make these parts but they dont seem to fit in the real world. Take a lx shell and a lj shell for example just for things like x members,sumps, pipes, adaptor plates ect. They gota do something....

#66 lakeside

lakeside

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC SBC

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:55 PM

Why bother but who's bring the 10 truck loads of just torana parts to see if they all fit. Just because it fits one car good doesn't mean it fits all of them.

#67 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:08 PM

THerin lays our biggest issue, these cars are 40 years old on average. 

There all bent. 

I would like to know if the ones CRS/Waddingtons use have been on a caroliner to make sure there dead straight before taking jigs off them. 

Or if they have just used some half bent paddock basher they picked up for a carton of piss. 

Atleast if we knew that then we would know if we run a tape measure over our cars and they check out then the parts will fit. If our car doesnt check out then we need to pull it straight. Simple. 

Cheers. 

#68 r2160

r2160

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:11 PM

The other side of the coin is it may be the numpty working for them not following instructions.

If this is the case, they need to implement a quality control system to verify that things are correct

cheers

Glenn

#69 Oversteer

Oversteer

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Car:LH SLR5000

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:57 AM

To the public of the GMH.TORANA forum.

Waddingtons have been business owners for over 40 years now and have a good understanding of the importance of customer feedback, both positive and negative, when running a business. They understand that feedback comes with owning any business and have always done there absolute best to make customers happy.

Waddingtons views have not changed since purchasing The Castlemaine Rodshop. Waddingtons take these comments very seriously hence the reason they wanted to respond to the feedback on this forum. Waddingtons do suggest if you have an issue, to please contact management.  

Waddingtons and The Castlemaine Rod Shop send out products daily to businesses and individuals locally, interstate and worldwide. Waddingtons and The Castlemaine Rodshop carry over 6000 different products and unfortunately, when a business carries this many products, no matter what type of business it is, there will always be issues that arise from time to time. In saying this, issues can only be rectified if brought to management’s attention.  

When Waddingtons spoke to Justin about his front-end, they acknowledged that there was an issue. In order for Waddingtons to rectify the issue, they offered to pay freight each way so that there was no out of pocket expense to Justin.

Instead of taking up Waddingtons offer, we understand that Justin decided to cut and modify the front end himself. Unfortunately, this meant our engineered product was no longer covered under the engineers report.

Once again, we do suggest that if you have an issue to please contact management and Waddingtons and The Castlemaine Rodshop will do their absolute best to rectify any issue. Please do not attempt to modify products yourselves. Not only do management need to be made aware if there are issues with any products but you may also find yourself in the same situation as Justin.

Regards,     

Waddingtons and The Castlemaine Rod Shop

I've just seen this, and the comment about offering to pay freight both ways was never stated to me..... no admission of the cross member being made incorrectly was even made until I pressed the point and asked to speak to some sort of management, and then pressed the point about what went wrong.

Since you have now stated you will pay freight both ways on this forum I expect to hold you to this and you`ll be getting the crossmember back soon which I hope you will be able to rectify for me in a timely fashion and get it back to me.

#70 r2160

r2160

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:40 PM

In fact, Waddingtons should now call you, and organise the courier for you.

Hope it works out for you

cheers

Glenn

#71 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Name:Maz
  • Car:72 LJ SL SEDAN.

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:39 PM

+1 .i mentioned this to them to no reply when purchased item through evibay,also to get another sill to no reply.so i gathered all there sills have lines running though them .this is page 3 with only one message regarding to all there stuff ups.pm  me heath  and i will send it back your cost for another at your cost and i will be happy.i got a bell housing from dellow and they were quite happy to send courier to my door to pick up and sent another at no cost

Maz

#72 LJ RB30

LJ RB30

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts
  • Name:Trevor

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:35 PM

I am surprised to read this,

Only because I have received PMs immediately on threads that denigrate this company ( they found one that was YEARS old...) and this hasn't come up to me yet.

I will ask PLEASE.

Some 25 years ago my brother put a datsun 4 speed kit into a friends UC, the cross member was wrong. Dont remember exactly why but my brother had to modify it.

Fast forward to about 14 years ago i purchased a Supra 5 speed kit for the RB30 in the LJ. All bolted up fine. I ground the crap out of the bellhousing as i made my own engine mounts to set the motor back as far as i could without cutting the firewall so i had to make clearance but that has nothing to do with the kit. The car was a long way from running.

Shortly after (a year or so) i bought the same supra kit for my HJ ute. Installed it without a problem & drove it across the nullabor & is still in the ute & am happy as with it!

Turn my attention back to the LJ after a few more years ( as the now ex said she was pregnant!) & i find there is no way to screw the speedo cable to the box as the cross member is in the way! (& not by a little bit!)

So i modified it to suit.

Fast forward again to a couple years ago ( after removing the supra not long after getting the car going do to easy HP i replaced it with a troublesome R33 box) i decided to fit a Tremec TKO600. After much shopping around (as i new i wanted to try something other than a CRS bellhousing & i was gunna just make my own cross member anyway ) i rang dellow several times & they didnt follow up so i got onto Mal Woods & they supplied me with a bell housings cheaper than CRS. To my disappointment when it arrived it was a CRS unit. BUT! they supplied i spigot bush as well which i was not expecting but very happy with!!

So come time to bolt the bell housing to the box!!!!!!!!!!!

SAM_0090.jpg

It didnt bolt up flush!

Obviously cose of the bolt head that doesnt fit the relief that was cast into the bellhousing!

I was not phased as i had dealt with CRS stuff before!

I die ground out a suitable relief!

Only to find there was NO relief for the small vertical casting directly below the input shaft!

AGAIN if fixed this!

I bolted it all up & fitted it to the car which require the entire motor/gearbox & front end to be installed from underneath as one.

Come to bolt the starter motor on ( & its in a frOcking tight spot) i found this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SAM_0380.jpg

SAM_0379-1.jpg

I cant explain how much i wanted to rip this out & get on a plane & smash it thru their front door as i got the die grinder & blindly took to it to fix it!!!! Even thought this was the same sandwich plate that was bolted up to the supra CRS housing!!!!! ......................................................................................................................................................................................................................

.......................................................................................................................................................................................

90% of the times i spoke to Rod at CRS he was basically an arrogant Daisy Chain! 

Rod was obviously out of the place well before it was sold to waddingtons  but its sad to see the attitude & quality have remained!

I too would suggest you avoid unless you love modifiying shit you have paid (lots of )money for!!!

Or you know EXACTLY what fits your or doesnt!

Edited by LJ RB30, 23 March 2014 - 11:45 PM.

#73 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,595 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:41 PM

pretty poor Manufactures hey

#74 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:22 PM

"I will ask PLEASE.

To be fair to both the posters who all have a VALID reason to be posting with their experiences, and also to the company to have their right of reply, I will remove any posts that have only opinions expressed (Especially if the poster has not used their products)."

Did you read this bit Dave? Post#58

#75 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,595 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:13 PM

Sorry Rob,

As a Fitter and Turner, and have drilled and Tapped 1000's of holes,