Unlucky or just Unfair?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 _JBird_

_JBird_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:00 PM

It took me 1 day to get pulled over in the torrie. Finally got it (LJ XU1 replica) registered. On the day of registration I booked another P's test for manual - the earliest date I can get tested again is Tuesday 11th July (I currently have an auto license mainly cause I learned in an auto and my dad only owns an auto provide your own car for testing kinda thing). Basically I was prepared to do the right thing and get retested even though my green P's are only 3 months away (which lets me drive manual). So after wanting to drive it for so long I finally could "legally" do it and off I went to work at 9am.

Not 2 minutes away from my house I notice a patrol car is tailgating me (no joke he was tailgating). We reach a red light on top of a hill and it turns to green. The cop left me no room to slide back so I got like half a second of wheel spin to take off without stalling. He follows me for another minutes before pulling me over. He did it under the pretense of a breath test, then he asked for my license and said "it seems you were having a problem with your gear box, did you know you are unlicensed to drive this certain vehicle - you have an auto license. Is this your car? registerd under YOUR name?" I explained to him I was getting retested soon because it was all booked out. Proceeded to write me a ticket for $179 and 2 demerit points. He told me to do a u turn at the next light (which was illegal) and go home.

-James

#2 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts
  • Name:Howard
  • Car:1976 LX SLR8000

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:03 PM

Maybe you are in fact lucky that he didnt make you leave the car there and then get someone else with a manual licence to drive it home.

#3 _user asked to be removed_

_user asked to be removed_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:18 PM

What an arse, unlucky man...

#4 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:19 PM

Basically I was prepared to do the right thing and get retested even though my green P's are only 3 months away (which lets me drive manual). So after wanting to drive it for so long I finally could "legally" do it and off I went to work at 9am.

Im a little confused here, you were driving illegally or not?

#5 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:20 PM

nah dont you mean maybe hes lucky the cop didnt take his pride and joy away from him ??? that was pretty weak honestly from some of the stupid things i spot around my town its amazing how these cars havent got pinged for unregistered but however there was a skyline getting around here with bodykit doof doof etc ive heard rumors from a few friends hes lost the car for good to the new laws not sure if its true but .....

cheers chevy

#6 _wasted_youth_

_wasted_youth_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:20 PM

typical smart assed pig,, man sometimes they deserve to be punched. im all for doing the right thing but when u do and they give u a hard time then bguck them,

#7 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:22 PM

Basically I was prepared to do the right thing and get retested even though my green P's are only 3 months away (which lets me drive manual). So after wanting to drive it for so long I finally could "legally" do it and off I went to work at 9am.

Im a little confused here, you were driving illegally or not?

Did you mis a part?

So after wanting to drive it for so long I finally could "legally" do it and off I went to work at 9am.

This was on the day

#8 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:26 PM

Yes, I can read......and spell...........but the message is still not clear.
What was the ticket for and why was he told to take it home?

Edited by devilsadvocate, 08 July 2006 - 06:27 PM.

#9 _munro_

_munro_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:27 PM

your lucky they didn't impound the car upder the anti hoons act or hasn't that his nsw yet?

#10 surfmaster

surfmaster

Marineboy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:27 PM

[quote name='Liam.W' date='Jul 8 2006, 06:22 PM'] [/QUOTE]
Im a little confused here, you were driving illegally or not? [/QUOTE]
Did you mis a part?
[quote]So after wanting to drive it for so long I finally could "legally" do it and off I went to work at 9am. [/quote]

This was on the day [/quote]
Thats not the way I read it, no-one likes getting a ticket, but they are a fact of life.

#11 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:33 PM

Put this one account for when you do something wrong and get away with it - and you will eventually do something wrong we all do......

Cheers
Herne

#12 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:36 PM

Yes, I thought the same thing, but kept it to myself

#13 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:38 PM

Yes, I can read......and spell...........but the message is still not clear.
What was the ticket for and why was he told to take it home?

I missed one s in miss, soooooorrrry
As for why he got the ticket, I dont understand that either

#14 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:39 PM

Fines of any kind are always a pain in the ass. You decided to take the risk, just lucked out on this particular occaision. Life's like that, get used to it. Sometimes you win, others you loose.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 08 July 2006 - 06:40 PM.

#15 _MRNOS_

_MRNOS_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:48 PM

Its a pain, but do the wrong thing and get caught no ones fault but your own, it might be petty but you could've decided not to try your luck and drive a car you're not meant to. Sorry

#16 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:51 PM

must we all be so narky? where is the love?

I would say that you were unlucky that you were caught but what you were doing was illegal.

NSW has anti hoon legislation...you were lucky your car was not impounded for 1 month.

#17 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:02 PM

Not a matter of being narky! and fastEHHolden lol you want a cuddle?? (wink)

I think what pisses some off is the fact that people know they do the wrong thing and then get on here and have a cry about it. What happened to rolling with the punches and wearing it?

People know when you break the law, so you get caught, tuff shit, we all do.
I dont seem to see the older guys here whinging and crying when they get done but the young ones think it's their god given right to be able to break the law 'just a little bit' and that makes it ok.

Box of tissues anyone?

Herne

#18 _MRNOS_

_MRNOS_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:08 PM

Well said Herne, couldnt have said it better :spoton:

#19 surfmaster

surfmaster

Marineboy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:09 PM

fastEHHolden lol you want a cuddle?? (wink)

Do you guys want some privacy in here or can we all watch? :D

From what J-Bird has written I suspect he wasn't hooning, sounds more like a little inexperience and maybe some jitters with the boys in blue on his keester. (I am sure J-Bird will correct me if I am off the mark).

I for one can understand the need to take the beast for a run, but without the right bit of plastic in the cowhide cash carrier it is a risk to the hip pocket nerve.

#20 _JBird_

_JBird_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:19 PM

DA i was referring to it being legal in the sense that it was finally registerd, insured etc. illegal in the sense that I have an auto license. Got a ticket for 'not complying with license conditions'. I just think it was a bit harsh how I got whacked with sucha big fine, $179 is alot of money especially when I just forked out 1200 for the rego etc. A warning wouldve done me just fine...

I wasnt hooning, just going to work. There was a bit of tyre chirp cause he was right behind me and I didnt wanna slide back. I coulda done the handbrake hill start but the light turned green suddenly.

I think ill have those tissues :cry:
Everyone likes a whing every now and then.

#21 lxsstorana

lxsstorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts
  • Name:Mick
  • Car:SS Hatchback

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:20 PM

Sorry to hear about your experience with the police J-Bird, sounds like you were unlucky. A young guy (on P plates) in an old car or WRX or a modified car is an easy target for police to stop and talk to. You've certainly got plenty of forum members talking and commenting on it.

If you want to bat on with it, it might be worth while writing a letter to the Traffic Infringement Bureau (details are on the infringement notice) about the incident. Simple state how the incident occurred and the circumstances, particularly how you had booked another test for a manual licence (and attach a copy of the infringement with the letter). They will review it and write back to you. Worst case scenario is you will still have to pay the fine or if you are lucky you may get a caution. Worth 50 cents for a stamp and a little bit of time to write a letter. Good luck, hopefully this is the worst thing that will happen in your motoring life.

#22 _JBird_

_JBird_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:25 PM

Ill take Hernes advice, this was payment for all the times i went at 60 in suburban areas.

lxsstorana - yeah ill give it a go, if it doesnt do anything at least itll delay the payment for the fine.

#23 surfmaster

surfmaster

Marineboy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:26 PM

There mustn't be much on the tele tonight, this thread has had 20 posts in under an hour and a half... :D

#24 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:27 PM

Ill take Hernes advice, this was payment for all the times i went at 60 in suburban areas.

lxsstorana - yeah ill give it a go, if it doesnt do anything at least itll delay the payment for the fine.

was the posted speed limit 50??

Edited by Herne, 08 July 2006 - 07:28 PM.

#25 _JBird_

_JBird_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:31 PM

yeah suburban areas are 50 if theyre unmarked. But nowadays with so much traffic 'suburban areas' have turned from quiet streets into pseudo main roads. If you go at 50, people beep at you and tailgate etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users