Battery drain question.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#26 _SLR Goat_

_SLR Goat_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:10 AM

I have a 750 street HP on mine pretty happy with it straight out of the box good luck with running a 10 should do it without too much hassle

#27 _LH SLR 3300_

_LH SLR 3300_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:30 AM

Thanks. If it runs in the 10s I'll be very happy, but I built it as a tough street car & street driving is what enjoy most. And it is very thirsty on the fuel, my short drive two suburbs away yesterday burned through over a quarter tank, but that's the price you pay for the performance & I wouldn't have it any other way.

#28 _SLR Goat_

_SLR Goat_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:34 PM

Thats the way i see it i cop flak for running 4.11s and a big converter its not as unstreetable as people make out it is 

#29 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,972 posts
  • Name:Rob

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:03 PM

Batteries will die from lack of use.

My Harley suffered from the same thing when not being used.

Battery would be lucky to last a year.

Bought a CTek type battery charger and keep it plugged in to that when not in use.

2 years now without a problem.

They arent that expensive and worth the investment for an occassional use vehicle.

#30 hanra

hanra

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,839 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:05 PM

I've always had good life span from Delkor calcium batteries. Had a few now over the last 10yrs in various cars.

#31 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,602 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:16 PM

I had an Alarm system, where the battery drains, and when the car is not used for more than 2 Days, it is too flat to start a motor,

So over Time the battery will die, anyhow after buying expensive batteries, one day I needed a battery right there and then, and the only battery available was a small $20 one,

you wouldn't believe it, that battery lasted over 2 years. Dave I

apparently, the closer the plates in the battery are to the bottom, the less life they have from sediment

Edited by TORYPOWER, 21 April 2014 - 01:18 PM.

#32 _LH SLR 3300_

_LH SLR 3300_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:31 PM

I left the battery connected over night & just fired it up now. I expected it not to start, but it actually turned over as normal until it fired. Maybe just luck.

I noticed there is an battery condition indicator window on the battery itself, it reads clear. According to the label, this is telling me the battery is cactus, red meaning it's low on charge, green that it is fully charged. From memory the battery itself is three years old, so considering the general consensus, I suppose I've had a good run out of it. I guess I'll bite the bullet & buy a new one & see how it goes.

I've heard good feedback on trickle chargers or whatever they are called, I have one but with no power in my shed, I can't use it. On the subject of battery sizes, the one fitted to the car now is slightly larger than the usual 11 plate heavy duty battery commonly fitted to Holden/Ford, I think it suited for 4wds & small trucks. I did fork out $400 for a dry cell battery when I first got the car on the road to keep the engineer happy & it was the worst by far, went flat very quickly & needs a special charger to re-charge it which I don't have, so I went back to a conventional wet cell.

With the cooler weather more or less here & a few shows & street meets on the calendar, I'm really keen to start driving it more often, so hopefully a new battery will sort it out. Thanks for all the feedback.

#33 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,602 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:36 PM

there are Solar Battery Chargers,

so you could use that in the shed connected to an external Battery, with the Panel on the roof. Dave I

Edited by TORYPOWER, 21 April 2014 - 01:37 PM.

#34 _hutch_

_hutch_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:12 PM

The solar chargers work good,a mate has 6 of them set up under the lean to on his shed and they work ok under there,even has one on his lawn mower FFS lol

#35 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,602 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:38 PM

Nice to Hear Phillip,

I have never owned one, but there will come a time thank's. Dave I

Solar is Free after you get your money back, but if we don't start now, we will never save

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users