• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,595 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:23 AM

Sorry about that Oldjohnno,

but it works well for me.

I don't know if that's the dumbest thing I've ever read but it's certainly up there...

http://www.gmh-toran...rs/#entry834820

#27 kiwi-lilj

kiwi-lilj

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts
  • Name:Blair
  • Car:LIL J

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:24 AM

I don't know if that's the dumbest thing I've ever read but it's certainly up there...

I think he types faster than his brain actually processes, so you end up with a shit load of dribble from him.

#28 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:28 AM

Hi Blair,

Someone has to do it.

I think he types faster than his brain actually processes, so you end up with a shit load of dribble from him.

#29 kiwi-lilj

kiwi-lilj

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts
  • Name:Blair
  • Car:LIL J

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:30 AM

Hi Blair,
Someone has to do it.

Do they really ?

#30 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:39 AM

Lol oj !

#31 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:45 AM

I must admit Dave, your getting close to ljxu1torana in the annoying irritating constantly cranking out the same crap every second thread thing, perhaps tone it down a notch mate?

Cheers. 

#32 _Lazarus_

_Lazarus_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:07 PM

I'm beginning to think that VB is an hallucinogenic.

Or maybe it's the chillies... ?

#33 _BW Yella Terra_

_BW Yella Terra_
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:11 AM

Hi Brenten,

Will Yella-Terra make another 9 Port Head, or is there no need.

It was just that the original 9 port heads allowed port porting before the water jackets became an issue compared to the 12 ports.

I also see that the new YT 12 port design that you have stated, have 250 thou walls.

The 9 Port HQ head I have, has been ported 12mm wider ( 2 x 250 thou ) than standard, and 4mm higher ( 165 thou ),

which makes any standard motor a Race engine with a big cam and holley.

No there will not be another 9 port.

Good to hear about your own 9 port, well done on the porting job.  

#34 _AED262_

_AED262_
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:07 PM

That YT casting looks like a standard replacement, is that correct?

#35 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:58 PM

Welcome to the Forum, AED262.

That YT casting looks like a standard replacement, is that correct?

and thank-you Brenten.

#36 _BW Yella Terra_

_BW Yella Terra_
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:08 PM

Welcome to the Forum, AED262.

and thank-you Brenten.

Lol.

Yes and no. It can work as a standard replacement, but it is cast with bigger ports, thicker port walls and revised coolant passages. Think of it as a replacement head that has a load more potential for modification than the standard item. 

Also it comes with 7/16unc and milled stud pads.

Edited by BW Yella Terra, 03 June 2014 - 04:09 PM.

#37 _AED262_

_AED262_
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:43 PM

Thanks for the welcome Torypower,

I was only told of this forum yesterday, I have a lot of experience with 6 cylinders, did pretty well a while back too.

I hope I might be of help to a few people.

Rod Rainford.

#38 _Ned Loh_

_Ned Loh_
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:51 PM

Hi Rod,

Welcome to the forum.

What sort of flow/hp have you seen out of the 12 ports? Do you have any cnc profiles done for them?

Cheers.

#39 _AED262_

_AED262_
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:54 AM

Hi Ned,

I have a couple of cnc programs for the 9 port, but as yet I have not done one for a 12 port. If someone out there has a nice port they want digitized, I can do it for them.

As far as flow numbers on the 12 port, I have some numbers on my computer but they were not anything to write home about. I have reported  a YT alloy 12 port a while back that did really well but I cant find the numbers on them. When I did an update on my flowbench software a couple of years ago I promptly lost some data.

Rod.

#40 _BW Yella Terra_

_BW Yella Terra_
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:07 PM

I have reported  a YT alloy 12 port a while back that did really well but I cant find the numbers on them. 

Lol. 

Its always the way

#41 _BW Yella Terra_

_BW Yella Terra_
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:14 PM

I will have a dig around in the files, but at this stage no I don't. I don't even have flow figures at .5 or anything. I should have some soon though, as we have a head being ported by Eddie Woods just to see how far the revised design can go. So after that is finished I will have before and after flow figures.

I lied. It was actually at Bullet Cylinder heads in Adelaide.

Having said that fi you live in Melbourne, Head Stud Development would be my first recommendation for any head work.  

#42 _AED262_

_AED262_
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:54 PM

While I have you on here Mr YT, how come I can buy your products in the USA and ship them back here and still be cheaper than if I buy direct from you?

#43 _BW Yella Terra_

_BW Yella Terra_
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:27 AM

While I have you on here Mr YT, how come I can buy your products in the USA and ship them back here and still be cheaper than if I buy direct from you?

1: The usa stores bought at a really good exchange rate and bought pallet loads. 

2: Sets form the US are not always the same sets as here, they were shipped some different variations, especially when it comes to the LS sets. 

We are addressing this loop hole, so my advice is if you can find a set there cheap, buy it. Because soon that will be a thing of the past.

Also FYI, no warranty on sets bought in USA, they will need to be returned there for any warranty claim and processed there. 

#44 _AED262_

_AED262_
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:22 AM

So how come I can order a set of rockers today that are not in stock but they can get them from you quick turnaround for $722 Australian, then ship here for around $120. Your price to me is $1149.50 inc. gst Trade.

That is not bulk buying, price at todays rates and same part number and in your box. That is not a loop hole that's profiteering in my eyes.

By the way, the head I had to fix was done by one of your recommended people.

#45 EunUCh

EunUCh

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Car:japos

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:28 AM

Gday BW Yella Terra,A bloke up this way has been procrastinating for many years about moving the valves a tad toward the centre of the chamber in an attempt to unshroud them a bit,have you blokes looked into this at all or is there no worthwhile gain to made in doing such a thing?

#46 _AED262_

_AED262_
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:58 AM

I am working on this now. Cant say much more.

#47 _BW Yella Terra_

_BW Yella Terra_
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:34 PM

So how come I can order a set of rockers today that are not in stock but they can get them from you quick turnaround for $722 Australian, then ship here for around $120. Your price to me is $1149.50 inc. gst Trade.

That is not bulk buying, price at todays rates and same part number and in your box. That is not a loop hole that's profiteering in my eyes.

By the way, the head I had to fix was done by one of your recommended people.

Hmm, what set exactly? They will be in stock in the US (I pack and double check the US stock orders when they leave here) by which I mean there is a set at one of the distribution houses that they can get. Its not like they call me order a set, and I send it too them and they send it too you.

Trade pricing is what it is, I don't set it. Did you try a price from say Rocket industries, VPW, Precision international and the like?

They are our major distributors here. They would go pretty close in matching that total price from the US I would imagine.

As far as the head goes, who repaired it? There are a lot of people out there that claim to be associated with us but we have not heard from them in years, shops changed hands ect ect. 

We are not responsible for what an independent shop does. 

Gday BW Yella Terra,A bloke up this way has been procrastinating for many years about moving the valves a tad toward the centre of the chamber in an attempt to unshroud them a bit,have you blokes looked into this at all or is there no worthwhile gain to made in doing such a thing?

No plans as such that I know of. Sounds like a good idea though.

#48 _AED262_

_AED262_
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:05 PM

I was speaking to the international sales manager of a major parts warehouse.

He said there was nil stock and they would get them in from you. I asked if they could get you to send them direct to me and I could just pay them saving on a lot of air freight for everyone concerned. To which he said he would ask, Came back a couple of days later saying you guys wouldn't do that.

I wll not mention names or businesses as I don't think I will get any satisfaction about this.

I do know that I am in touch with a huge number of engine shops and they are all pissed at the fact that it appears that you guys only care about USA sales

and not what goes on here. The fact remains,we can all buy way cheaper in the USA then ship them back home and that's what most are doing.

Rod.

#49 _BW Yella Terra_

_BW Yella Terra_
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:38 AM

Did you call any of our Australian distributors and get a price?

#50 _BW Yella Terra_

_BW Yella Terra_
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:04 AM

I was speaking to the international sales manager of a major parts warehouse.

He said there was nil stock and they would get them in from you. I asked if they could get you to send them direct to me and I could just pay them saving on a lot of air freight for everyone concerned. To which he said he would ask, Came back a couple of days later saying you guys wouldn't do that.

I wll not mention names or businesses as I don't think I will get any satisfaction about this.

I do know that I am in touch with a huge number of engine shops and they are all pissed at the fact that it appears that you guys only care about USA sales

and not what goes on here. The fact remains,we can all buy way cheaper in the USA then ship them back home and that's what most are doing.

Rod.

Rod, 

I appreciate the your position but its simply not the case that we only care about US sales. And frankly, I'm beginning to get the impression that you are only here to start an argument. 

If it bothers you so much, tell everybody the names of all the the other businesses involved. Don't just sit there and attack us. 

The distribution is set up similar to the US style in that we have our top tier guys and then it flows down from there. So people like Rocket, VPW, Precision ect. This also saves you the hassle of making various phone calls chasing parts. We are always here to provide technical information and recommendations on what set of rockers will suit your application. While you can buy directly from us, it is more cost effective for your average engine builder to go through one of our distributors. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users