Forum behaviour

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#26 _J.A.W._

_J.A.W._
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:11 AM

"Male posts" sure Reddo, its the bitchy 'mean girls' reaction to them  by dobber complainers that needs to be checked.. IMO..

Fact is, bullshit or not? If one mob gets away with breaking the rules & a bloke gets his replies censored, that aint equity..

#27 _J.A.W._

_J.A.W._
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:15 AM

& every reported post ought to be evaluated on the guts of how it stacks up against any claimed rule breach, fairly..

Not if it is a single report or if hundreds are lodged - its gotta be on a validity base not a popularity vote/mob rule ..

#28 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:20 AM

On a different note, people need to keep their gripes to themselves. So many informative threads ruined because people think it's a good opportunity to get personal. It's like a school yard. 

#29 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:22 AM

its gotta be on a validity base not a popularity vote/mob rule ..

I will tell you one thing JAW...... it does not have to be anything...  As I have been told before, the rules are a guide only....

quit while your behind mate.

#30 _Lazarus_

_Lazarus_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:23 AM

No-one has any 'right' to be here.

#31 _J.A.W._

_J.A.W._
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:27 AM

Right Laz, - but do you mean on a forum or on planet Earth?

Too many forums are run by petty despots & clique groupings & often all way too emotionally-based.

#32 _Lazarus_

_Lazarus_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:30 AM

Maybe that has influenced your approach here ?

You have been stirring a lot of sh!t since arriving.

Why don't you sit back, mellow out a bit and just play the game for a while ?

#33 _J.A.W._

_J.A.W._
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:39 AM

Compulsory lobotomy? sure why not, I'll be next in line after you Laz..

..you seem like might need a wee bit more trimmed out....or is too much from the wrong lobe.. ..cranium camming can be tricky..

#34 _Lazarus_

_Lazarus_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:07 PM

I tread the line very carefully, testing the boundaries more than most.

But I generally try to only insult others after they insult or badger me first. Like you, I tend to use sarcasm and interesting vocabulary to do so. Much more satisfying that way.

And I have had my fair share of warnings and time in the sin bin.

Lobotomy ? More than anything, the constant taunts and insults that are thrown at myself and a couple of others on the Conspiracy Thread have taught me to let it be, or at least be subtle when I retaliate.

And I never bite the hands that feed me.

#35 Redslur

Redslur

Has been Torana owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Name:Gerry
  • Car:HQ GTS Replica 350.

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:17 PM

Personally I like this forum a lot and have been on it since 2003 from memory.  I have to say that sometimes threads that get started are destined for problems...And then there is the bunch that like to post for the sake of growing their post count. But to me I ignore what is silly and don't let it bother me and simply reply to threads that are of interest to me. I have only ever been on one other forum and it was more elitest than this so I don't frequent it now. Don't know how some of you guys manage to be on more than one forum LOL...I surely don't have time!

#36 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:36 PM

I love this forum and have already learnt so much being here, not to mention meeting quite a few good fella's that have the same interest as all of us.

I would say if your going to continue to test the limits then you are only holding off on the inevitable, so either smarten up or take it somewhere else. 

#37 Statler

Statler

Heckler Extraordinaire

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,282 posts
  • Name:Col

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:19 PM

LOL. This thread us priceless!

Admin, why don't you allow my thread you Nazi bastards!!!!!!!!!!

(Admin allows Conspiracy thread, member carry on like 2 bob watches) 

There are no winners here.

For the record .......... THANKS TO ALL THE ADMIN who give up their free time to allow us this avenue of information. Don't let a couple of bad apples dictate the site vibe. :spoton:

#38 _Lazarus_

_Lazarus_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

If you hadn't noticed, this thread is about forum behaviour. That is what is being discussed. Quite civilly too I might add. Or at least it was.

In my opinion a lot of the scrapping that goes on is because for various reasons such as a sense of entitlement due to long term membership or just plain personal dislike etc some people think they have a right to determine what is acceptable for discussion based on their own personal bias and opinions.

If you don't like a certain thread don't go there. Simple.

#39 kiwi-lilj

kiwi-lilj

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts
  • Name:Blair
  • Car:LIL J

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:33 PM

This is a Torana forum it should be full of thick skinned Anzac's, but it appears we must have plenty of whinging poms amongst us.

#40 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:39 PM

If you hadn't noticed, this thread is about forum behaviour. That is what is being discussed. Quite civilly too I might add. Or at least it was.

In my opinion a lot of the scrapping that goes on is because for various reasons such as a sense of entitlement due to long term membership or just plain personal dislike etc some people think they have a right to determine what is acceptable for discussion based on their own personal bias and opinions.

If you don't like a certain thread don't go there. Simple.

You must live on an island with a population of 1 writing that crap  :clap:

Sorry I couldnt help myself lol.

Edited by LHSL308, 01 August 2014 - 01:40 PM.

#41 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:39 PM

Some of us have to go through most of the threads because some members don't know conduct themselves and there have been complaints.

And yes this is a car forum, if you want to use it as your own personal blog about politics, religion or crap, go elsewhere.

#42 _J.A.W._

_J.A.W._
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:45 PM

Well, maybe the whingers/dobbers/complainers who want to play censor.. ..Pommy black-ball club style...

.. oughta have their baseless crap thrown back in their faces.. ..& a 'crying wolf'.. 'soccer dive' penalty applied..

So long as the moderation is a fair bloody go, vicious or not.. ..so what.. I am up for it..

#43 DanWA

DanWA

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Car:LS1 LX 4 Door

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:53 PM

speaking of personal attacks ?  you two need to build a bridge and get over it...... Dan, you only bother posting lately when you can have a go at me.... and Kerri, spoiled brat ?  bit harsh...you should try setting an example instead of jumping on the DanWA bandwagon.... have fun with your clean out :)

Don't flatter yourself, If you think i've had a go at you lately just report it, i don't have the protection from above like you've had forever either

#44 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:24 PM

"Baron Von Dark constantly lets me know I have no sense of humour, but I know him personally and he knows if I had a real problem with it I would tell him"

Yes REDBALLS is correct, anyone that knows me would call me a shit stirrer and anything I post should be taken as an attempt (sometimes poor I guess) at humour, I harbour no malice.

Life is so tragic I can't take it seriously anymore. I look for a laugh, I need to laugh, I have to laugh to cope with reality!

By the way REDBALLS (Michael), what sense of humour do you have when you are not at work or moderating here. Footrot Flats, Monty Python, Mr Bean, Home improvements or Rodney Rude/Kevin Wilson?

#45 _jason0allisonm_

_jason0allisonm_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:29 PM

everywhere there is always a minority of people that wanna f##k things up for everyone else, so take it with a grain of salt, or sort it out in the yard after school little boys and girls

#46 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:31 PM

Jaw has been banned guys its ok.

Also the whole take it with a grain of salt is fine if people didn't act like children all the time

#47 mitchg

mitchg

The guy with the Torailer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts
  • Name:Mitch
  • Car:Was a '77 LX V6 Torana + Torailer now VX SS

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:17 PM

Awww i missed something exciting!

This forum used to be great. All the regulars got lives and now its full of people whinging about what someone on the internet said.

I log on of a night and seem to see the same people in every topic, when this happens, something is said someone doesnt like and because only these people are contributing to the threads, every thread turns into a shitfight.

The older members still log on, but keep quiet for these reasons imo

#48 _victor_

_victor_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:11 PM

Hi all

I'm only new to the forum , join because I want to get some idea's on the best way to fix my car and what other guys on here were doing to there's.

Lot's of help has come my way and when I can help with a picture or two as my car is very standed I do.

I will never understand, why some people act the way they do.

My only hope is the that the guys the real hands on knowledge continue to contribute.

Victor

#49 _NewsuxLX_

_NewsuxLX_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:43 PM

I have only skimmed over this thread but i think it may be worth noteing that some times its hard to express yourself through the key board. You may come across as being arrigant or as an attack on sombody when thats not the case at all. When your shit stir people face to face you can see the expresion on their face and they can hear the tone of your voice where as here on the forum you cant so you dont no how that person intended the comment to come across. I think its a great forum, i had my doubts in the begining because of the personal attacks. Thats just life. Your not going to get along with everybody you meet so im afraid we just have to suck it up. It sounds like parents complaining about their daughter getting cyber bullied at school lol. If you dont like it turn off the computer.
Thats just my 2 cents.
As for the admin i think they do a pretty fair job. Without them there is no forum so good on you guys
Cheers jake

#50 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,597 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:50 PM

To whom it may concern,

Has been a Great Place to be, since the 8th of December 2012,

helping others, and it takes a lot of writing sometimes to get the right information across,

like wise, I have been told that what I have said is not right, when I thought my Experience was Right,

so I apologize and do some more research about the Torana Related Topic.

There are some Topics that are non-Torana related, but we are allowed to talk about them and be Truthful as well.

Have a Great Forum Time. Dave I

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users