Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,127 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 13 June 2016 - 11:08 PM

as far as what i know it was given to every one to stimulate the econamy.maybe you did get it dave and you brought some beer with it.lol
when i brought my home in 2010 i made one payment and only got $5000 first home byers grant.the next year the grant was a lot more

So you bought a home in 2010 so a low interest rate lucky you
i had a mortgage when interest rates were 18 % try paying your home off at that rate bud
first home ownets grant pppfftt i frOckin wish

#277 _ljxu1torana_

_ljxu1torana_
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2016 - 11:09 PM

ok gene talk about history when your mate menzies was in charged he was selling scrap steel to the japs,and the japs where making bombs and firing them back at us,so dont try and lecture me about history.because you have a bussiness right most of people who are in bussiness woundt be in bussines if it wasnt for the workers,

as a said before if you vote for turnball you are a bigger moron its the same as voting for hitler

#278 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,127 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 11:13 PM

Yeah i got a business me myself and i just the 3 of us mate no workers i bust my arse to support my family thats all i give a frOck about

Labour voters you cant fix stupid

#279 _ljxu1torana_

_ljxu1torana_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:14 AM

i was very lucky when i brought my home only with one payment.at the age of 37.i know i have done the right thing i could had the quickest car in australia if i wanted too.i could of gamble most of it away.but i was very lucky person to own my own home.what about when the 4 foot tall johnny howard said we will never introduced a gst when they where in oppisition and what did they do when they got in power introduced the gst.you cant trust the liberals with a bowl full of 5 cent coins.

#280 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,597 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:41 AM

Johnny got into bed with Meg Lee's Jason,

that is how the GST started!

There will be no GST.

#281 _ljxu1torana_

_ljxu1torana_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:48 AM

yep dave your right there

#282 r2160

r2160

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Name:Glenn
  • Car:2/71 LC GTR, 4/71 LC 4 'S'

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:03 AM

You are all arguing the same point.

You cannot trust ANY of our politicians. They are selling us all out and telling us it is for our own good. Labor, Liberal or Greens, it doesnt matter. They are all as corrupt as one another.

They tell you what they think you want to hear just to get into power to rape us.

#283 Shiney005

Shiney005

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,061 posts
  • Name:Laurie
  • Car:Toyota Mirai
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 June 2016 - 11:05 AM

why should the goverments pay royaltys to the mines.just a frOckin waste of money.bhp gina and co are that frOckin rich.gina earns about 2 million dollars an hour and they get royaltys from the government,wake up to your self rob

I think you might find that it is the mining companies that pay royalties to the government. About 20 billion dollars a year. That's not counting the royalties paid to the Northern Land Council from mines on Aboriginal owned land.

ok gene talk about history when your mate menzies was in charged he was selling scrap steel to the japs,and the japs where making bombs and firing them back at us,so dont try and lecture me about history.because you have a bussiness right most of people who are in bussiness woundt be in bussines if it wasnt for the workers,

O.K. Lets talk about history. Do you really think the waterside unions were worried about the Japanese being at war with China? This was three years before the Japs formed an alliance with the Germans and bombed Pearl Harbour. And these were the same waterside unions that wouldn't load Australian navy re-supply ships with ammo for the Aussies fighting the Japanese in Guinea and Borneo until they got a pay rise! The whole "Pig Iron Bob" episode started back in 1934 when the United Australia Party (later to become the Liberals) tried to ban Egon Kisch from coming into the country to stir up the working class into industrial action. From that point on the unions have always done what they could to destabilize the Liberals using whatever means necessary. Also don't forget that China was a Communist country, and the Wharfies at the time were presided by Ted Roach, Australia's leading Communist Party activist. The whole event was a successful means for the unions to move from the industrial arena to a greater involvement in broader Australian politics.

Oh.  And Menzies wasn't the man in charge at the time. Joseph Lyons was Prime Minister. Robert Menzies was Attorney General. 

i was very lucky when i brought my home only with one payment.at the age of 37.i know i have done the right thing i could had the quickest car in australia if i wanted too.i could of gamble most of it away.but i was very lucky person to own my own home.what about when the 4 foot tall johnny howard said we will never introduced a gst when they where in oppisition and what did they do when they got in power introduced the gst.you cant trust the liberals with a bowl full of 5 cent coins.

Attached File  budget-graph-456x373.jpg   84.55K   0 downloads

Don't get me wrong here. I am in no way a one eyed Liberal Party supporter. I won't be voting for them, or for Labor. I am just trying to provide a bit of balance on this see saw.     If I lived in Victoria I would give my vote to Ricky, but as I am in W.A. I think I will give Ross Williamson from the Shooters, Fishers and Farmers party a go.

#284 _ljxu1torana_

_ljxu1torana_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:17 PM

i dont know much about ricky at least he is having a go.

#285 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:27 PM

Geez, that's a weak response to Laurie's response ! :tease:

I wouldn't vote for AMEP again thus election, even if I could...

#286 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,127 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:32 PM

i dont know much about ricky at least he is having a go.

Id have a go to at $187000 a year ppfft he is just like the rest of them lining his own pockets

#287 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,597 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:33 PM

I thought Ricky is out of the ballet this time around?

#288 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:38 PM

Id have a go to at $187000 a year ppfft he is just like the rest of them lining his own pockets

Yeah... Thats really why he voted against some policy that they KNEW would trigger a double dissolution thus putting himself out of the job. 

Wake up Gene. 

#289 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,127 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:39 PM

Yeah... Thats really why he voted against some policy that they KNEW would trigger a double dissolution thus putting himself out of the job. 

Wake up Gene. 

Oh well shit happens now his has to work for a living poor barstard

#290 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:11 PM

Noble... Yet suicidal....

#291 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:14 PM

Kinda defies the "just lining there own pockets" arguement though yeah?

If he was just in it to line his own pockets he would have voted yes and got an extra three years....

#292 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:28 PM

True, if it's true...

In any case don't argue politically with Gene... Ya can't win ;)

#293 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,127 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:59 PM

True, if it's true...In any case don't argue politically with Gene... Ya can't win ;)

Ppfft forgot you two are the political experts on here amongst other things

#294 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:14 PM

Sorry mr business expert ;)

#295 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts
  • Name:Rob

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:26 PM

Actually all those who voted no would be so full of their own self importance that they believed a dd wouldnt be called and/or they reckon they will get voted back in anyway.

#296 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,127 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:26 PM

Sorry mr business expert ;)

Yeah mind your own frOckin business

#297 Tyre biter

Tyre biter

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:Should have gone with Palais...

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:47 PM

Let's go to the facts of Muir's reasoning and what he voted for.

Here is the Financial Review Article: http://www.afr.com/n...20160313-gnhqsz

Here is his re-election pitch courtesy an interview with Sky News: http://www.skynews.c...nstituency.html

And here is his own press releases - scroll down if bothered to read his actual stance on the ABCC vote leading to the DD: http://www.senatormu...media-statement

What is the ABCC and how did it bring about a DD? Go here: http://www.abc.net.a...plained/7263496

Should provide insight to the 'I think so' and associated commentary to date.

Cheers, TB

#298 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:50 PM

3rd link makes no sense ?

#299 RallyRed

RallyRed

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,857 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:57 PM

Stop it all of you...Ricky Muir was probably the ONLY poltician this country has had, that had even the slightest rev head inclination.
Rave on all you like about all the rest of em...but please show some respect to Ricky as at least he had a go.

#300 neglectedtorana

neglectedtorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts
  • Name:Tom
  • Car:LX Torana Sunbird

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:26 PM

Agree with you Col, Ricky seems like a good guy trying to make a difference rather than just complaining about all the wrong stuff

Took a risk getting into politics from his blue collar background and well done to him if he got a Goldwater for a short time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users