Has it gone to shit !

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Poll: am I wrong or right (7 member(s) have cast votes)

am I wrong or right

1. Voted Was this not set up to help or just for others to give S&it (2 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. Voted You are better than everyone so we should all listen to you (2 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

3. Voted You to feel that there is to many people that have a key board (ME BEING ONE ) (3 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2015 - 01:24 PM

(Just the Aussie way).

What does that mean for me ? Ha ha...

#52 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2015 - 01:49 PM

Well said Ron, ya gay daisy chain :). Welcome to the gang !!

#53 Cook

Cook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 30 August 2015 - 02:42 PM

Ha Ha, I had that coming. Thanks Adam.

Jeff, are you an expat or do we have to adopt you?

#54 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2015 - 02:48 PM

Jef isn't allowed to join in.

#55 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2015 - 02:53 PM

Probably just following the lower standards in society these days , Australia and it's population  were more relaxed  ten years ago , less road rage , violence and Ice . The Forum is still good , more members are just having a quick look but not posting for some reason .

#56 UCgazman

UCgazman

UC's FTW!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Name:Garth
  • Car:UC S̶u̶n̶b̶i̶r̶d̶ 5000!

Posted 30 August 2015 - 03:02 PM

The Forum is still good , more members are just having a quick look but not posting for some reason .

Possibly because so much info and experience has been recorded here there's no need to ask anymore?... Its still one of the best forums I've been on.

#57 _LS2 Hatch_

_LS2 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2015 - 05:24 PM

Probably just following the lower standards in society these days , Australia and it's population  were more relaxed  ten years ago , less road rage , violence and Ice . The Forum is still good , more members are just having a quick look but not posting for some reason .

I don't post as much as I could mainly because my answers would be more of an educated guess. When it comes to topics I know, I contribute. The worst thing that can happen to someone asking an honest question is not get an exact positive answer. I would hate to give devise and it cost someone time and money to be not quite right.
Also, the standard of work that has been presented lately, I'm almost embarrassed to give my advise in fear of it being substandard.

Others give great advise, and I wait for them to answer. Normally it's a god idea to wait by me ;)

#58 _LS1 Taxi_

_LS1 Taxi_
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2015 - 05:32 PM

I don't post as much as I could mainly because my answers would be more of an educated guess. When it comes to topics I know, I contribute. The worst thing that can happen to someone asking an honest question is not get an exact positive answer. I would hate to give devise and it cost someone time and money to be not quite right.
Also, the standard of work that has been presented lately, I'm almost embarrassed to give my advise in fear of it being substandard.

Others give great advise, and I wait for them to answer. Normally it's a god idea to wait by me ;)

Soooooooooooooooooooo, did you go to Heathcote for a skid today or what?

#59 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:53 PM

Nope.................same as it ever was.

#60 _dno_

_dno_
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:53 PM

All the forums I frequent have been quiet for the last 8months or more, all I can put it down too is forum activity has followed the economy to a certain extent. The quality of posts also seems to follow the trend, when there's not much going on, there always seems to be more small talk/banter between members to fill in the lack of new and interesting posts.

#61 IMORAL

IMORAL

Bored

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Car:LX SS HATCH - IMORAL
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:03 PM

I agree. 'ICE' is a huge problem. ..

#62 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:11 PM

Lol

#63 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,126 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:14 PM

I agree. 'ICE' is a huge problem. ..

And dont you forget it chanch

#64 _hutch_

_hutch_
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:17 PM

From what I have seen on this site it"s no different to any other,keyboard warriors and bloody know alls,but they are far outnumbered by good ppl who want to help with parts,or offer information freely.

#65 IMORAL

IMORAL

Bored

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Car:LX SS HATCH - IMORAL
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:18 PM

;)

#66 EunUCh

EunUCh

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Car:japos

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:19 PM

i don't think it has "turned to shit"...$ & whatever may contribute to lack of "interist"..even if a heap of stuff has been covered,the search function does not always work and sometimes it is easier to ask again even if the links are there,even if it has been covered before, some one might have other questions to ask from a different angle or point of view to whatever has already been said?

If it seems to be "turning to shit"..more members should just turn up and "talk shit" and be content to the theme of "discussion forums" or start another another topic or add to the current so that it does not turn to shit? :)

#67 _LS2 Hatch_

_LS2 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:35 PM

Soooooooooooooooooooo, did you go to Heathcote for a skid today or what?

Yes mate I did. For some reason I am way off the normal times. Ran constant at 12.90's. My mile an hour was only 110 instead of the usual 118-121.
Very disappointing really. I don't know if it's me or the car. I may have nbeen short shifting a bit, and the car is missing just off idle, and is struggling to idle properly. So it's on to the dyno to get sorted, and next time out I will be driving it like I stole it!!

I did have a chat with Brett's mate with the twin turbo LS2 in the pinky coloured four door LX he ran 8.50's. Nice car and very helpful person.

#68 Cook

Cook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:44 PM

I agree with EunUCh in regard to search function etc. but then again I am relatively new and need to use it more to get familiar. I think re-raising topics sometimes also prompts more up to date answers (what worked/what didn't) new products or just a different approach that someone hasn't thought to pass on. Maybe the system needs a bit of de-clutter (like my garage) easy to say but a lot harder to do, but hey, I'm getting off the point of the original topic.  See how easy it gets.  Cheers Ron

#69 _LS1 Taxi_

_LS1 Taxi_
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:44 PM

Yes mate I did. For some reason I am way off the normal times. Ran constant at 12.90's. My mile an hour was only 110 instead of the usual 118-121.
Very disappointing really. I don't know if it's me or the car. I may have nbeen short shifting a bit, and the car is missing just off idle, and is struggling to idle properly. So it's on to the dyno to get sorted, and next time out I will be driving it like I stole it!!
I did have a chat with Brett's mate with the twin turbo LS2 in the pinky coloured four door LX he ran 8.50's. Nice car and very helpful person.

Cool dude.
That is a bit off your normal time and speed.
I think the dyno is a must....you may have a flogged out sensor or something. You need to get the hatch ready for toranafest :)

Yeah, that twin turbo LX is an animal. I've seen it a few times and once up close at Saturday Night Live. Total weapon!

#70 Statler

Statler

Heckler Extraordinaire

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,282 posts
  • Name:Col

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:33 PM

Personally i just CBF typing out the same answers to the same questions over & over again. 

There's a bit of 'FAQ' which should have been made 'stickys' a long time ago. E.g, How do i fit a V8 into my Sunbudgie? 

There's also a bunch of useless shit in the stickys. Comments which don't belong, tangents that skip off into space, but i guess that's just the nature of Forums. 

#71 Cook

Cook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 09:09 PM

Col, I can understand from your position, with over 5,000 posts you obviously have learned and have a wealth of knowledge ( forgotten more than I most probably know) and should let those people do some of the research work, however I would like to think that you would still contribute where you thought necessary, as that is what makes this site what it is.  Have a look at how many guests are on the site at any given time to see how informative it is, And that goes to all those with a wealth of knowledge that some of us will never have, be patient with some of us apprentices, but pull us into line when required.  Cheers Ron 

#72 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts
  • Car:A Black POS

Posted 30 August 2015 - 11:10 PM

Col's alright, give him some scotch and he'll tell you whatever you want to hear  :spoton:

#73 _76lxJAS_

_76lxJAS_
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2015 - 11:15 PM

Col's alright, give him some scotch and he'll tell you whatever you want to hear  :spoton:

that like a chick i know lol

give her 2 or 3 and she will do anything you want lol

Edited by 76lxJAS, 30 August 2015 - 11:16 PM.

#74 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2015 - 09:36 AM

I really think people are entitled to have differing opinions on things, and I personally like it...   I have had my opinion on things change, by listening and trying to understand the other persons view on things..  however I don't like it when someone gets offended,  when their opinion is questioned, and then that person makes things personal with cheap shots or intimidation.   there is no need for it, and I'm sure that is what the OP was talking about.....   Surely we can argue about topics without getting personal ..  :soapbox:  :shoot:  :innocent:   lol...  

Plus I really like to have,  and hear opinions on things I find important..

This is true I think..  If you've never upset anyone, you've probably never stood up for anything important in your life either ..   :tongue4:

#75 Statler

Statler

Heckler Extraordinaire

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,282 posts
  • Name:Col

Posted 31 August 2015 - 12:12 PM

I've only been here for 9 years Ron.

I still know nothing! :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users