StephenSLR

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Car:1976 LX SL/R

Posted 08 November 2015 - 09:57 PM

What immediately stands out: your doors are missing the chrome strips on the window inner frames; check for any trace of them.

It could be that a previous owner replaced the doors; in this day and age it would seem unusual for someone to de-5000 a Torana, although during the 80's de-chroming was a bit of a trend; stripping all the badges and brightwork; then again the door handles also would've been de-chromed.

They're likely to be LH doors as the inner uppers are not covered in vinyl and my guess is when you slam them shut; without holding onto the handles; the door lock buttons pop up. LX ones stay down.

TORANA letter badges also missing from the front apron but that may have been replaced or letters removed and filled in; probably same with boot I assume.

s

Edited by StephenSLR, 08 November 2015 - 10:10 PM.

#28 Cognac

Cognac

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Name:Steve
  • Car:LH SLR 5000 - LX L31 SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:39 PM

Thinking something like this but without the rear bobtail

SLR 5000's came standard with the front spoiler and rear bobtail but not the wheel flares. If you're not aware, you have to cut the front and rear wheel arches to fit flares so once their cut there's no going back. Personally I love flared SLR 5000's but unflared examples are rare so I'd think pretty hard before cutting one up. At the end of the day though it's your car but if you are going to flare I think you definitely need the front air dam and rear bobtail as well.

All the best with the resto, always good to hear about another 5000 heading back to the road.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tags

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users