Mystery Holden

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#76 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:51 PM

Some pics of fixing rust, i cant believe i am still on my first of 4 floor pans i have to do. Take it step by step i suppose

Attached Files

#77 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2016 - 10:29 PM

I hate it when the Daisy Chains from next door park there Kia people mover in my driveway as well :P

I had to fit a new engine in that thing, it was a real bastard of a job never again without a hoist.

#78 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:03 PM

Finally got passenger floor pan all done and dusted

Attached Files

#79 SA EH

SA EH

Another Holden 6 tragic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Name:Jonesy
  • Car:EH Holden, E30 BMW, LJ 4 Door

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:58 AM

Nice job.

Not to remind you but you'll be an expert by the time you've done another three!

#80 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:55 AM

Nice job.

Not to remind you but you'll be an expert by the time you've done another three!

Yeah it is a big job, next job after this is fitting seat belts, i cant believe somebody hasn't  already fitted them over the years, cant find much info on this, but i will keep looking.

#81 SA EH

SA EH

Another Holden 6 tragic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Name:Jonesy
  • Car:EH Holden, E30 BMW, LJ 4 Door

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:12 PM

Front seat belts have been fitted in mine, but no rears(which I would really love so I can take my young lads for a spin).
The fronts have a retractable belt mounted low on the b pillar, a nice big arse bolt through the top of the pillar to hold the top mount, then the end of the belt secures back to the lower retractor point.
The buckles simply bolt alongside the seats through reinforced holes in the floor. Don't know if it's done properly, but it works!

#82 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:53 PM

Front seat belts have been fitted in mine, but no rears(which I would really love so I can take my young lads for a spin).
The fronts have a retractable belt mounted low on the b pillar, a nice big arse bolt through the top of the pillar to hold the top mount, then the end of the belt secures back to the lower retractor point.
The buckles simply bolt alongside the seats through reinforced holes in the floor. Don't know if it's done properly, but it works!

I have bought the big upper bolt for the b pillar off rare spares, i will probably follow how the Torana seat belt  mounts are done and go from there, i will post it up as i go and get some feedback hopefully. Cheers

#83 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:40 PM

Started the drivers floor pan, this one i forgot to unbolt and move the brake line out of the way and cut through it, SHIT !!!!

Attached Files

#84 _duggan208_

_duggan208_
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:32 PM

Almost as rusty as my HR. One of my best, roughest and the most fun car I've ever had was a black EH wagon. so I have a couple of EH stories. If you are thinking about period wheels, maybe a bit different, my wagon had a set of ROK Rockets. Had to find now. Cool EH.

Regards

#85 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:55 AM

Almost as rusty as my HR. One of my best, roughest and the most fun car I've ever had was a black EH wagon. so I have a couple of EH stories. If you are thinking about period wheels, maybe a bit different, my wagon had a set of ROK Rockets. Had to find now. Cool EH.

Regards

I had a yellow EH when i was around 19 years of age, and loved it and always wanted another one, and for the price this one had a lot of good points, it is going to be a battle to get rid of all the rust, hopefully i win in the end, i will check out those wheels to see what they look like, Cheers

#86 royalplumss

royalplumss

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Car:had L31 SS Hatch

Posted 11 March 2016 - 04:59 PM

Dragway Splats look like this if I believe

I am fairly sure they were actually named after his daughter (married name?)

She is a full tilt revhead from memory

Attached Files

#87 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2016 - 07:23 PM

Dragway Splats look like this if I believe

I am fairly sure they were actually named after his daughter (married name?)

She is a full tilt revhead from memory

Cheers mate i think her name was Rachael Splat by memory and a good drag racer. Would love to get my hands on a set of those.

#88 UCgazman

UCgazman

UC's FTW!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Name:Garth
  • Car:UC S̶u̶n̶b̶i̶r̶d̶ 5000!

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:07 PM

^yep, watched her race a few times... Ominous name for a drag racer though lol

#89 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:49 PM

Things are still progressing on the floor pans very slowly, the drivers one is done, along the sill there was a quarter inch gap from the pan so i had to make up right angle section to fill the gap and it all worked well.   

Attached Files

#90 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:52 PM

With all of this welding i think i am getting better for a gassless mig anyway, LOL

Attached Files

Edited by Mox, 20 April 2016 - 07:53 PM.

#91 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:51 PM

If that's gasless mig? Well done!!!!

#92 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:58 PM

Penetration shot for Mfr Dave

Attached Files

#93 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,595 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:04 PM

look's good from here, top job Andrew.  :clap:  :spoton:

like button for you.

#94 yel327

yel327

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 08:12 AM

I have bought the big upper bolt for the b pillar off rare spares, i will probably follow how the Torana seat belt  mounts are done and go from there, i will post it up as i go and get some feedback hopefully. Cheers

I'd go and try and buy a semi-rusty floor cut out of a HG (firewall to diff hump). A HK-HG is essentially the same floor as a HD-HR, which is a minimally modified EJ-EH. Just remove the seat belt attachment plates with captive nuts from the HG, dress them up by grinding the floor steel off the attachment face and weld them into the EH in the same positions. Any curves in the plates will be in the items from the HG. This will give you all your floor anchors, will still have to sort out the pillars and the rear uppers if you put sash belts in the rear. You'd still have to get an Engineer's report though for the points but if you are copying what GMH did I doubt they'd have too many issues.  

#95 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts
  • Name:Barry
  • Car:1976 Mandarin Red SS Hatchback

Posted 26 April 2016 - 06:27 PM

While pulling the EH apart i found some good reading material for the garage stuffed under the drivers seat carpet

post-56880-0-23523300-1450516918.jpg

Were all of the pages stuck together  :dontknow:

Love the EH's, dad had one but living close to the sea at Port Kembla, the rust go it

RegardSS ....Barry

#96 UCgazman

UCgazman

UC's FTW!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Name:Garth
  • Car:UC S̶u̶n̶b̶i̶r̶d̶ 5000!

Posted 26 April 2016 - 06:37 PM

OOOh, she's got her fur off!

#97 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:57 PM

I'd go and try and buy a semi-rusty floor cut out of a HG (firewall to diff hump). A HK-HG is essentially the same floor as a HD-HR, which is a minimally modified EJ-EH. Just remove the seat belt attachment plates with captive nuts from the HG, dress them up by grinding the floor steel off the attachment face and weld them into the EH in the same positions. Any curves in the plates will be in the items from the HG. This will give you all your floor anchors, will still have to sort out the pillars and the rear uppers if you put sash belts in the rear. You'd still have to get an Engineer's report though for the points but if you are copying what GMH did I doubt they'd have too many issues.  

Good to know, I will have a look around, might be a bit hard to find though. Cheers Mate.

#98 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2016 - 08:02 PM

Were all of the pages stuck together  :dontknow:

Love the EH's, dad had one but living close to the sea at Port Kembla, the rust go it

RegardSS ....Barry

No Barry all pages where OK, but i cant guarantee they will be when i am finished, HA HA. This EH has a lot of rust too, hope i have enough patience to bring her back to life. Cheers Mate

#99 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2016 - 08:08 PM

3RD floor pan progress this is as exciting as watching paint dry, which i do a lot of lately as well, LOL 

Attached Files

Edited by Mox, 26 April 2016 - 08:11 PM.

#100 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2016 - 08:21 PM

I remembered to check under the floor this time before hacking with the grinder, luckily due to there being the fuel line and hand brake cable there. And it wouldn't be a proper floor pan replacement without extra rusty sections that the new section doesn't cover. :furious:

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users