481 replies to this topic

#451 yel327

yel327

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,131 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:22 PM

:wtf:I don't think either have ever even seen a dual cast block, that's so funny.............

I've seen at least one 173 with a second date code. Big deal. Its a 173. They go in the scrap bin like every other 173 I've ever seen. Nothing funny about that.

Give it up. You can throw stones, whinge like a girl, spit the dummy, cry CAMS do whatever you want. It doesn't change the fact you are wrong, will continue to be wrong and you know it as do most other intelligent people who read these threads. You cannot change history to suit your own ends. If you'd shut up about it people would pay no notice, but the continual carrying on about it has only made the hole you've dug for yourself deeper as more people get interested and can see you are wrong. Edit.

Edited by yel327, 04 April 2016 - 03:23 PM.

#452 _big jack_

_big jack_
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2016 - 04:34 PM

One of the restamps at the nationals today :)

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Hey Skap, the car that you got that no. was it a Metallic Grey, did you talk to the owner? I think I know the owner is he about 60 well over 6ft slim with grey hair and a beard? If so he is from Toowoomba and I know him, he told me he bought it from up the Sunny coast about 18 months ago. When I first saw it  that was the first thing I noticed, sticks out like dogs balls. If not the car disregard all this. 

P.S  Have you any more pics or has anyone here posted some in another thread?

Chow, John.

#453 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2016 - 05:19 PM

Hey Skap, the car that you got that no. was it a Metallic Grey, did you talk to the owner? I think I know the owner is he about 60 well over 6ft slim with grey hair and a beard? If so he is from Toowoomba and I know him, he told me he bought it from up the Sunny coast about 18 months ago. When I first saw it that was the first thing I noticed, sticks out like dogs balls. If not the car disregard all this.
P.S Have you any more pics or has anyone here posted some in another thread?
Chow, John.

Hi mate, I hid most of the number to not reveal the car... It was not grey. The engine pic was on the noticeboard leaning against the car... I'm not some weird Cnut who starts snapping photos and crawling under people's cars... Like some in this thread... ;). Anthony ?

#454 _big jack_

_big jack_
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:37 PM

Hi mate, I hid most of the number to not reveal the car... It was not grey. The engine pic was on the noticeboard leaning against the car... I'm not some weird Cnut who starts snapping photos and crawling under people's cars... Like some in this thread... ;). Anthony ?

No worries mate

#455 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,549 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:51 PM

From the young denaro who has never seen a dual cast block WTF.................   

Anthony, is this a dual cast date block?

Attached Files

Edited by S pack, 04 April 2016 - 06:52 PM.

#456 RallyRed

RallyRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,864 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:23 PM

I dont have the knowledge of others regarding all this...and I am impressed by Anthony's knowledge of XU-1s.

However, this thread has thread and its tentacles have gone on that long, without resolution, that I would have to say if I was ever looking at buying an LJ XU-1 and there were two identical cars, one dual cast and one not....I'd buy the NON dual cast, as there is just too much grey area/confusion regarding the whole thing.

IMHO.

#457 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:27 PM

you beat me Col ...  I really don't know why you's keep on going on about this thread....  There has been more than enough proof, , to prove what Anthony and Bruce have been saying is flawed at best........  Do you really think anyone is taking them serious anymore... wow 19 pages..and no proof... and it just keeps rolling on...   

#458 FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

Forum Fixture

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:53 PM

Got in contact with C.A.M.S. yet Ian ? I can only hope that the LJ XU-1 you just purchased Col, at least has a 3 on the side............

#459 FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

Forum Fixture

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:57 PM

If not, you have just done your money...........

#460 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,128 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:01 PM

Got in contact with C.A.M.S. yet Ian ? I can only hope that the LJ XU-1 you just purchased Col, at least has a 3 on the side............

Where does he say he bought an XU1 you lost Cunning Stunt

#461 _stroker 208_

_stroker 208_
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:24 PM

You blokes are kidding ya selves,there are plenty of original JP's without 3s,there's 2 one owner unrestored cars that I know of that haven't got it.

#462 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,131 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:37 PM

And the 3 is only one part of the fairy tale, or you might want to call it "the never ending story".

#463 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:12 PM

Atleast the never ending story ended after 2 hours or so.....

#464 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,549 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:37 PM

You blokes are kidding ya selves,there are plenty of original JP's without 3s,there's 2 one owner unrestored cars that I know of that haven't got it.

........... however, in Narnia one does not need to look at the engine number to tell if a JP block is a restamp. All one needs to do is look at the core pattern number on the side of the block. 

Edited by S pack, 04 April 2016 - 10:38 PM.

#465 WhiteA9XS

WhiteA9XS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Name:Shaun
  • Car:LJ LX
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:46 PM

Anth have 8 dual casts been shown? l can't recall that many. Can you please list them all. And again thank you for finally acknowledging that my single cast is a legit 150 list motor. It would have been better to have done so a few months back rather trying create doubt that it may have been dodgy. But better late than never. And yes mine as you know is not stamped with the mythical '3'. It is '6'. So thanks buddy and how about we end this post right here.

Hi Keith ,

Your engine has the same configuration as mine , mine also has the "6" .

These other 2 wallies do not know Shit from Clay . 

#466 _xr8250_

_xr8250_
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:01 PM

Thanks Shaun that's  good to hear. It is shame we have had to be involved in all of this drama. After reading Fly's latest pathetic comments I think he is just playing games and is loving the fuss that he is creating. It's all a bit of joke to him and he just keep stirring away and couldn't give a damm about the potential damage he is doing to the XU1 brand and this forum. As for Crabba, he contacted me and advised me not to buy my 150 list motor if it didn't have a 3 on the side. Contrary to what he has previously indicated, I certainly did not seek his advice and am glad I didn't, it's just too bad he hasn't got the good sense to back down from his position. Just like the Rat, he has  put himself into a tight corner and caused considerable to damage to his standing on this site.

cheers

#467 _xr8250_

_xr8250_
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:21 PM

I notice another JP block on Ebay. A very nice late 72 with picture perfect GMH engine number stamp font showing: JP251815. And (you guessed) it is a number 2. Fancy that, yet another JP that ain't a 3. So on it goes. Of course the amigos will dismiss this too - the Rat will say its a restamp, the Fly will say check it with CAMS and the Crab will play along with them. Lets see how this one rolls ...

#468 lj72bathurst

lj72bathurst

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:34 PM

https://www.ebay.com...tm/301918831353

I can't upload pictures so i put a link.
This engine is not a 3

#469 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2016 - 06:11 AM

251815 was for sale at the end of Feb this year.... went without a bid.. but the seller has since added those cast pictures and cleaned off the number pad... must have seen one of the threads on here :)

Attached File  1234.JPG   33.93K   6 downloads

Attached File  456654.JPG   31.03K   2 downloads

Attached File  789987.JPG   33.27K   2 downloads

Attached File  gg.JPG   37.67K   1 downloads

Attached File  ggg.JPG   38.74K   1 downloads

Attached File  dfg.JPG   34.25K   0 downloads

Attached File  ggggg.JPG   34.14K   0 downloads

Edited by Skapinad, 05 April 2016 - 06:23 AM.

#470 _xr8250_

_xr8250_
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2016 - 07:21 AM

He's asking too much, even for a '2' stamp the price is about $2K too much, IMO. But rarity is a big plus so he may get over $6k anyway. Interesting to follow.

#471 lj72bathurst

lj72bathurst

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 11:10 AM

He's asking too much, even for a '2' stamp the price is about $2K too much, IMO. But rarity is a big plus so he may get over $6k anyway. Interesting to follow.

I think this thread has killed the sale of jps that do not have the number 3. Even though thier is still no proof or documents

Jason

#472 _xr8250_

_xr8250_
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2016 - 11:33 AM

I think this thread has killed the sale of jps that do not have the number 3. Even though thier is still no proof or documents
Jason

No Jason I totally disagree. It has been proven time and again the 3 campaign was a hoax and this thread has proven that!

#473 UCgazman

UCgazman

UC's FTW!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Name:Garth
  • Car:UC S̶u̶n̶b̶i̶r̶d̶ 5000!

Posted 11 April 2016 - 11:51 AM

Yep^^ read the whole thread, its pretty clear the 3 (and probs the 2nd cast date) means nothing besides which mould was used to pour the block...

#474 crabba67

crabba67

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • Name:anthony

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:11 PM

No Jason I totally disagree. It has been proven time and again the 3 campaign was a hoax and this thread has proven that!

No Hoax 

#475 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,131 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:23 PM

It is BS and you guys know it Anthony. Plenty might have 3's on them, but not all have 3 as part of the pattern number and that has been proven plenty of times. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users