Photo

Dual cast , or non dual cast JP blocks .

• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

#76 _duggan208_

_duggan208_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:33 PM

This is a great thread.

regards

#77 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:23 AM

It would or could be, but it isn't.... This theory of a few,  has been running in one thread or another now for over three years.  It was interesting to find out about the Dual Date cast markings.  But the dual date cast marks on both 173, and 202 engine blocks is the only thing that has been shown here that is real or proven. 

No evidence has ever been shown here,  to give the dual date cast marks on either size motors (173-202) any more significance other than for what all other date cast markings were intended for, and that is mainly for quality control.

Now crab, fly and rat's argument has turned into trying to discrediting other peoples engines. again with no proof.  To me,  it just shows how baseless,  and lacking in both merit and evidence their theory is.  Not to mention bordering on the Litigious.

This thread like all the others before them on this topic is based on a wish.  The few that keep peddling this theory wish it was true. But it isn't.  It is a fabricated fairy tale, which has come to it's end..   

Every point made to create the myth about the dual date cast engines were proven wrong by Byron & Dave and others.  I can't remember one claim they made that wasn't shown to be incorrect or straight out false.  

This thread could have been great, but it has just been a baseless fairytale ..Time to let it go..   Weaver :)

#78 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:20 AM

Another myth that needs to be dispelled is the 250 cars.

Amendment 8/8e required 100 cars (for acceptance) being 50% of 200 under recognition document H2-3, dated 3/02/1972.

Amendment 9/2e required 100 cars (for acceptance) being 50% of 200 under recognition document H2-3, dated  3/02/1972.

#79 Shiney005

Shiney005

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,057 posts
  • Name:Laurie
  • Car:Toyota Mirai
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:07 AM

I am not in love with the XU1, but every time one of these threads comes up I can't take my eyes from it. The real danger here, if it is a myth, is how much damage these guys are doing. How many people are they preaching this to away from this forum where they can't be scrutinised by the experts? Even though you can't fool all the people all of the time, you can still fool a lot of 'em.

#80 FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

Forum Fixture

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:24 AM

What about 6/6V and 10/8E ? There were 5 amendments in 1973, 100 cars each to LOL

My question was a simple one to the experts about JP251815

Genuine or restamp ?

#81 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,108 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:28 AM

What about 6/6V and 10/8E ? There were 5 amendments in 1973, 100 cars each to LOL

Genuine or restamp ?

You are the expert Fly, or so you tell everyone. You go and look at it and tell everyone what you think.

#82 FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

Forum Fixture

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:34 AM

Your the expert Byron, you tell me

#83 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,595 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:37 AM

This thread is about dual and non-dual,

so hijacking someone elses thread because you got your own locked, isn't going to cut the custard. :)

just off of nightshift here, so dis regard that comment, he he.

#84 FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

Forum Fixture

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:40 AM

non dual.........

#85 _xr8250_

_xr8250_
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:49 AM

I am not in love with the XU1, but every time one of these threads comes up I can't take my eyes from it. The real danger here, if it is a myth, is how much damage these guys are doing. How many people are they preaching this to away from this forum where they can't be scrutinised by the experts? Even though you can't fool all the people all of the time, you can still fool a lot of 'em.

Yes they are like an ugly, stinking, rotting cancer - best chopped out and flushed away. I have asked the moderators to have them banned because of the trouble they are causing but I get no response. Eventually this forum will be seen as a joke because of them. It might be time to start a new  GTR & XU1 Forum with moderators who are prepared step in to stop destructive comments.

#86 crabba67

crabba67

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • Name:anthony

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:58 AM

Yes they are like an ugly, stinking, rotting cancer - best chopped out and flushed away. I have asked the moderators to have them banned because of the trouble they are causing but I get no response. Eventually this forum will be seen as a joke because of them. It might be time to start a new  GTR & XU1 Forum with moderators who are prepared step in to stop destructive comments.

Truth hurts.........................least here will be no more re stamps 

#87 FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

Forum Fixture

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 10:01 AM

LOL

#88 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 10:16 AM

Genuine or restamp ?

All Amendments relating to H2-3 only required 100 cars for acceptance but some needed 200 be built to meet compliance.

All vehicles recognised under Group E were automatically eligible for Group C.

The only reason you claim that block is a restamp is because the owner revealed it has a 2 on it instead of the fairy tale 3.

Edited by S pack, 15 April 2016 - 10:21 AM.

#89 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,108 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 10:21 AM

Your the expert Byron, you tell me

I'm no expert you clown, and even if I thought I was I wouldn't say anything conclusive until I saw it in the flesh. I've never claimed to be an expert on any of this, all I've said is I know you are dribbling out blatantly false and misleading information but that does not take even basic knowledge to figure that out. Yet somehow you can spot a restamped block without even seeing it firsthand - or have you? There is only one way you'd know for certain if a particular engine has been restamped and we all know what that is.

The only people stupid enough to pretend they are experts are you three clowns and your other forum usernames you sometimes forget to logout from.

#90 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,108 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 10:23 AM

Truth hurts.........................least there will be no more re stamps 

That's the goal! With any luck people will see via Google what you guys have been up to and at least be cautious.

#91 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 10:33 AM

How convenient that no one bothered to mention about dual cast QL, JL, QD & CD blocks in that infamous email to Graham D.

His recollection of what the dual cast date blocks were for may have been very different.

#92 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2016 - 11:28 AM

yep, quite surprising even though Rat obviously has two accounts which is against the rules...  I like your thinking though, but i have come across other torana forums and they are generally always quiet and lifeless.

#93 FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

Forum Fixture

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 11:45 AM

Ok then, Bill states its a 150 engines required, Ben states its 100 per amendment

Has any one bothered to get in contact with C.A.M.S. to see what the truth really is ?

#94 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2016 - 11:51 AM

no one cares you frOcken fruit loop !

#95 FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

Forum Fixture

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 11:57 AM

I am guessing they think they know more than Graham D and C.A.M.S. put together.......

Don't you think I don't know that none of you turkeys cares about the truth.......

#96 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2016 - 12:23 PM

I am guessing they think they know more than Graham D and C.A.M.S. put together.......

Don't you think I don't know that none of you turkeys cares about the truth.......

The truth ? You can't handle the truth !

lol.

#97 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,108 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 12:24 PM

You'd be surprised what research goes on without your knowledge Bruce, very surprised.

And by the way I don't recall anyone called Bill stating there were 150 final specification engines. It wasn't a person actually, it was a CORPORATION called GMH you fool who went to the trouble to tell their dealers that these engines with these 150 engine numbers are different to ALL the others, and these are the individual parts that make these engines different from all others. And you want to call others Turkeys because you know better despite irrefutable evidence to the contrary. The way you are pushing this I'm starting to wonder if any 150 list engine numbers have a second date code and you cannot afford to have the truth exposed, but keep pushing it and more people will continue to dig and find the answer which I know you ain't going to like. All I've ever said is not all 150 list engines are second date coded but you want to push that real engines are fake, so the inevitable is going to happen. I know of at least two single date coded 150 list engines that are going to get X-rayed, and I'm sure more will join the line eventually.

#98 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2016 - 12:28 PM

You'd be surprised what research goes on without your knowledge Bruce, very surprised.

And by the way I don't recall anyone called Bill stating there were 150 final specification engines. It wasn't a person actually, it was a CORPORATION called GMH you fool who went to the trouble to tell their dealers that these engines with these 150 engine numbers are different to ALL the others, and these are the individual parts that make these engines different from all others. And you want to call others Turkeys because you know better despite irrefutable evidence to the contrary. The way you are pushing this I'm starting to wonder if any 150 list engine numbers have a second date code and you cannot afford to have the truth exposed, but keep pushing it and more people will continue to dig and find the answer which I know you ain't going to like. All I've ever said is not all 150 list engines are second date coded but you want to push that real engines are fake, so the inevitable is going to happen. I know of at least two single date coded 150 list engines that are going to get X-rayed, and I'm sure more will join the line eventually.

great news.  definately be worth x raying some dual cast blocks too by the sounds of it.

#99 FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

Forum Fixture

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:08 PM

The truth is Adam you could not pick the difference between a genuine block and a restamped block if your life depended on it.  I,ll get it x-rayed is all ways your answer. It was you that started the spotting a restamp thread, so tell me the one on ebay JP251815 is it a restamp or genuine ? Or are you going to call for the X-ray on this one also...............

#100 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:10 PM

Ok then, Bill states its a 150 engines required, Ben states its 100 per amendment

Has any one bothered to get in contact with C.A.M.S. to see what the truth really is ?

If you have an issue with the information I have posted then I can only suggest you contact The Confederation of Australian Motor Sport and take your grievance up with them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users