Volvo brake conversion

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#26 _NVMYLH_

_NVMYLH_
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:18 PM

xuidave, from what i found, drum brake hubs are pretty hard to find for LH-LX. (maybe i'm wrong, but i've never actually seen any before, or seen any for sale)

#27 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:25 PM

^ go to an auto shop or trailer shop and buy trailer hubs......

Edited by ALX76, 29 October 2006 - 11:25 PM.

#28 _NVMYLH_

_NVMYLH_
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:56 PM

/\ ideas man!

Side note: If anybodies wondering, i mounted the caliper to the same face on the bracket as the stub because (by coincidence), it helped centre the disk in the caliper, and also didnt not move the wheels in/out.

#29 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2006 - 05:29 PM

DO NOT BUY TRAILER HUBS!!!

Trust me, don't touch them. I've seen planty of crap ones during my 21 years in the tyre industry. They aren't good enough for trailers, let alone a car. New ones are quite often up shit creek, so imagine what old ones can be like.

#30 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:45 AM

Thanks to Craig I have a template of the Volvo bracket. I will rescale it to correct size and maybe Mods can pin it in tech articles for anyone wanting to do this mod.
R

#31 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2006 - 12:55 PM

I have rescaled the bracket drawing. If anyone wants a template copy, email me and I will fax it to those doing this conversion.
Rory

#32 _xuidave_

_xuidave_
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2006 - 07:58 PM

xuidave, from what i found, drum brake hubs are pretty hard to find for LH-LX. (maybe i'm wrong, but i've never actually seen any before, or seen any for sale)

I'm sure that there is some out there ! but in a previous lifetime i used to service this old geezer's lh & he had factory drum fronts ! i asked why he didnt get disk's on the front & he told me that it was an option and that at the time he couldn't afford it ! Go figure ?!! I believe it was only the base models that had them so maybe they've all copped HQ conv ?????? :blink: D.

Edited by xuidave, 04 November 2006 - 07:59 PM.

#33 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2006 - 01:20 PM

Back in 1974, Torana drum brake stubs were easy to find. 8 years ago they were easy to find. No so now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users