Injected 8 in a torry

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:37 PM

Pat, I hope and trust the info I have is correct :)
No reason to doubt the boss of Motor Reg inspectors.
However having said that opinions can and do change, not so sure how quickly they can change the regs though.

If worst comes to worst and they tell me I need cats it will mean holding off finishing my car for another 4-6 weeks and a trip back to Fred.

I know John Wilson (engineer) has made others fit cats whether they were required or not. I won't let him bluff me out though as I have made the right enquiries.

Herne

#27 _Toranamuk_

_Toranamuk_
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2006 - 12:41 AM

Kiethy's_UC,

It is as easy as bolting all the EFI & components onto your bottom end.

Dont forget the EFI cam though, as the EFI heads don not have siamese exhaust ports in the centre like the red/blue/black carby engines.

Its normally the wiring that puts most people off, as it can be expensive to pay people to do it, or its too confusing for the average enthusiast.

Theres plenty of kits around to make it simpler, & the whole of Australia is only a phone call or e-mail away.

#28 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2006 - 10:09 AM

I have a contact in Victoria who handles the the wiring, he does it as a second job. He prefers you to purchase a new VN harness from GM-H around $225.00 and then modifies it. He charges a lot less than the modified ones retail for. He has done some for friends and forum members, does first class work and if for example you want to run a show engine bay can make the harness mods so as the wiring and accessories etc are hidden.
Contact me if you want his phone number to have a chat re your harness mods.

Cheers
Herne

#29 _ChiaLX_

_ChiaLX_
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2006 - 03:11 PM

Herne .
Could you please pm me this guys phone number.
It would be much appreciated as I would like to talk to him before I start peicing the car back together so I can run wiring for the engine from the inside etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users