In-Car LJ footage

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 _hrt1and2_

_hrt1and2_
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2006 - 11:48 AM

thats awesome mate, i love it!!! lol. How were the brakes, any problems with them? excellent reation to the first corner. Any chance of getting it in a .wmv format so i can put it on my hard drive? :spoton: great stuff!

#27 _TORANA IN THE BLOOD_

_TORANA IN THE BLOOD_
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2006 - 02:12 PM

Well done that was awsome to watch ive been working on my
camera mount for my lx stockcar and the first race of the season
in 2 weeks i will sure to have some footage for yas soon
im putting the camera inside a small esky packed tightly with
foam an mounted to my roof vibration is a bitch on dirt sideways
at 80 ks but we will see how it goes i cant wait to show yas what
i do for fun.
Posted Image

#28 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2006 - 02:35 PM

You drove Sandown with a rear bar and no front??? A classis example of what a LJ does with the setup...WELL DONE DAVE!!! :clap: Took big balls to do that circuit with that setup....especially through the back esses!!! The bug has bitten!! You are GGGOOONNNEEE!!!! A1 is the same!!..You life now changes forever!!
R
P.S. Go with the 22/24 mm front bar, no rear and urethane bushes through the front..3.5-4 deg neg..You will notice this difference instantly

Edited by rorym, 27 August 2006 - 02:47 PM.

#29 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:07 PM

You looked a lot more comfortable on the second lap...save for the on the grass/almost tagging the armco as you come back onto the straight! :clap:
Well done Mate.you were catching the Yellow LJ in front of you as well!!....I love Sandown..used to run GP bikes there in the late 70s/early 80s. One of my fav circuits.
R

Edited by rorym, 27 August 2006 - 04:09 PM.

#30 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:41 PM

Nice stuff! Look like you had a blast! Would have been awesome fun!

#31 _Shevster_

_Shevster_
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2006 - 07:42 PM

You drove Sandown with a rear bar and no front??? A classis example of what a LJ does with the setup...WELL DONE DAVE!!! :clap: Took big balls to do that circuit with that setup....especially through the back esses!!! The bug has bitten!! You are GGGOOONNNEEE!!!! A1 is the same!!..You life now changes forever!!
R
P.S. Go with the 22/24 mm front bar, no rear and urethane bushes through the front..3.5-4 deg neg..You will notice this difference instantly

Thanks for the tip rory :spoton: Yeah the rear sway bar has since been removed, contemplated taking it off after the 1st session, but yeah just didn't get around to it. Plus I dunno if it was balls by me or stupidity, lol, felt in full control despite those few moments. Will get the front swaybar on one day, just when money allows
The armco looks way closer than what it is on the video, only prob there was when trying to get back on track the thing almost snapped sideways while on the grass.
Too right with the bug that has bitten, only problem is the bank account can't handle it too well at the moment, as I don't earn that much. But yeah, we'll be out there again :rockon:

hrt1and2: the brakes gave me no hassles all day, and I'm just running stock slotted discs (non xu1), with the larger booster. Was heal and toe-ing most of the time, so that may have helped them from overheating. I can see why stock toranas were renowned for been great brakers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users