Little Rotary

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 _Lostit_

_Lostit_
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:08 PM

Well finally decided to pull my fist out .. last few days ive pulled the motor and box out of the little buzz box... geez talk about no room .. i forgotten how much of a nigth mare it is .

ANyway ill put some pics up once i figure how to load it here.. unless some one can explain in lameman terms hehe.

ANyway plans for the little buzz box.

New Powerglide with steel hub,few more clutches,full manual and transbrake set up.

As for motor will be pulling it down checking bottom end replace bearings if needed and tidy up, as for headwork well see if we can extract some more flow out of them . Throwing the solid out and going roller cam , that doest allow a coke can to stand on the bonnet when its idling ) .

Upgrade fuel system and brakes .

Was hoping to redo the paint a little but i think ill leave it this time and look at it possible end of next year.

Hopefully all this by the end of the year finished , and get to the Nats with it , if not then a low 10 to high 9 sec pass will do me happily , since it still is a street car . )

Denis
Lostit

Pics asap when i work them out )

#2 _Keithy's_UC_

_Keithy's_UC_
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:16 PM

Hey man, you got pics?

Cheers
Keith

#3 _Lostit_

_Lostit_
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2006 - 09:25 PM

http://img228.images...dsc00106oo5.jpg

http://img228.images...dsc00107pv1.jpg

http://img228.images...dsc00108yx0.jpg

http://img228.images...dsc00109gw4.jpg

http://img228.images...dsc00110nn0.jpg

http://img228.images...dsc00104vw0.jpg

As you can see not much room at all had to pull motor outwards with transmission next time thinking i might drop the whole front end and wheel it out.

Anyway time to clean it all up and then sort out the motor and box .)

Denis
Lostit

Edited by Lostit, 27 August 2006 - 09:27 PM.

#4 _JBird_

_JBird_
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2006 - 11:03 PM

the word little doesnt really come into mind. your not mucking around when you said there wasnt space ahha. So why did you go for v8 over a 13bt o 20bt? too unreliable? just curious

either way looks like itll go fast as ****

:clap:

#5 _Keithy's_UC_

_Keithy's_UC_
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:01 AM

I'm with JBird - i was expecting to see a 13BT somewhere lying around... Then i see.... Magic in the making! Looks good now, cant wait to see it all prettied up and what not...

Keith

#6 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:21 PM

i think your on the wrong forum lol :tease:

#7 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:34 PM

i like your style, tell us more about the chev? just out of curiosity was it regoed with the chev? :clap: :clap:

#8 _Lostit_

_Lostit_
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:12 PM

Nah im on the right forum... always a torana nut... but i couldnt find a decent lc/lj for 6 months when i was looking for one.

I brought this car off a decrease estate... luckily not in the car.

Only changes ive done to it is change heads, since old ones developed a crack ( , carb , and ignition system. And the rear end

BAsic specs of the car atm are

Motor :
400 chev
brodix heads
11 to 1 comp ( aluminium heads dont you love em .. runs on prem leaded )
solid cam
850 dp holley
Ice ignition
Powerglide, manual valve body, 4500 conv
35 spline,3.9 ratio Moser diff centre

Most of these will be changed even thinking of going to 3.5 or 3.7 ratio in rear end since the torque of the motor i run out og legs before the 400m mark ( .

PS.. Oh yeah totally forgot yes, its totally reistered and RWC.. and this has been proven , thank you TOG in Epping area.. which have pulled me over no less then 5 times in the last year .)

No sir it doesnt have nitrous no need )

Lostit

Edited by Lostit, 29 August 2006 - 01:13 PM.

#9 _Lostit_

_Lostit_
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2006 - 09:01 PM

Well its a long between drinks... was hoping tio get to the Nats but how things turn out...

Just got my Auto back a few days ago .This wont breakdown ) .

Cut out the top of tunnel and replaced with new sheetmetal since who every had a play with it last butchered the crap out of it.

Hopefully in the early part of the new year will get to the motor. /fingers crossed

Denis

#10 _1QUICK LJ_

_1QUICK LJ_
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2006 - 11:10 PM

should hammer, i like the colour its a nice blue.

#11 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 28 December 2006 - 11:40 PM

Awesome stuff denis!!

You've only just got the auto back after finishing it off at the GMH drags early in 06!? I thought I took ages to do stuff! hehehehe

Cant wait to see this thing in full anger mate! Looks like you'll be ready for the next drag day! YES!!

Cheers mate!

#12 _lurkin308_

_lurkin308_
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2006 - 12:02 AM

Nah im on the right forum... always a torana nut... but i couldnt find a decent lc/lj for 6 months when i was looking for one.

I brought this car off a decrease estate... luckily not in the car.

Only changes ive done to it is change heads, since old ones developed a crack ( , carb , and ignition system. And the rear end

BAsic specs of the car atm are

Motor :
400 chev
brodix heads
11 to 1 comp ( aluminium heads dont you love em .. runs on prem leaded )
solid cam
850 dp holley
Ice ignition
Powerglide, manual valve body, 4500 conv
35 spline,3.9 ratio Moser diff centre

Most of these will be changed even thinking of going to 3.5 or 3.7 ratio in rear end since the torque of the motor i run out og legs before the 400m mark ( .

PS.. Oh yeah totally forgot yes, its totally reistered and RWC.. and this has been proven , thank you TOG in Epping area.. which have pulled me over no less then 5 times in the last year .)

No sir it doesnt have nitrous no need )

Lostit

was it bateman hes a tog

#13 _Lostit_

_Lostit_
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2007 - 04:35 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a update and not too bloody happy atm.

Decide to drop sump off while its out of car, and discovered the xxxx who build the bottom end . put some sort of crappy oil pump ,pickup . probadly why its low psi on oil at idle sucking in air.

So anyway atm sourcing out to put a remote oil pump setup with new pan. but at this rate looks like a complete dry sump system for just a few more $$$. ANd if im going to do this i might as well do the motor up .

No wonder chev+rx4 = rare as dog Sh!t. this is why they put windsors ( ford crap) in them. pick up and stuff at front of motor with plenty of room.

So ill close the garage door and decide which lub im going to use so my butt cheeks dont hurt too much .

Ahh the joy of going fast .

Denis

#14 _bushi_

_bushi_
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2007 - 05:09 PM

nice combo, my mate used to have a 929/rx4 sedan with a 351 clevo in it with the NOS. used to go hard about 10 years ago. Perfect for doing heli's
good luck

#15 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:25 PM

Denis: Sorry to hear about the dramas mate! Dont i know what yoru going through though mate!

Dont worry mate.. Just focus on the end result ( Even MORE power!!) and you'll be right.. the reaming wont hurt so much :P

#16 _QIKSLR_

_QIKSLR_
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2007 - 07:34 AM

Argh, these dramas really test for patiences hey? The bright side is that atleast you found the crappy oiling system before it minced your motor.

Good luck mate

Marty

#17 _Lostit_

_Lostit_
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:49 PM

Another update:

Well finally after contacting a few different places .. found a brand new geniune oil pump that is in the motor , its been placed on order from the states and should land anyday at my front door.Summit racing site( Mellings oil pump from a chevy II 64-67 283 SBC)

Rewired some of the wiring ( or more to the point cleaned up ) and fitting a quarter stick instead of the crappy setup it had.. which will hopefully in the ( near) future to a brand new interior.

So in saying that next post i should have her fired up with a few photos, and hopefully it stays in one piece when the transbrake is used down the street LOL .

Denis

#18 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:34 PM

Glad to hear its coming together denis! hopefully that's the worst of it behind ya!

Keep us updated!

#19 _Lostit_

_Lostit_
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2007 - 04:07 PM

well she alive once again .

New oil pump and pick up cured my little low oil pressure on idle.. 40 psi on idle ) .

Took it around the block first time on saturday minus exhaust ... guess the new neighbors werent too impressed.

Time to fix the other little problems and give the transbrake a shot in the next few weeks then off to calder to get banned for no cage !

Will up date progress and some new photos asap.

Im a happy camper now.

Denis

#20 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 04:11 PM

Sounds awesome Denis! See if someone can film it for us mate!

Cheers!

#21 _Lostit_

_Lostit_
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:00 PM

Just a little update, all going well decided to get the auto elec to fix/cleanup rewire a few things . Guess those little things turn into huge things anyway half the car is apart chasing wires for the last 3 weeks .

Hopefully as i promised i can get some pics up soon. Anyway got a link to HOW the frig i post photos up again.

PS. Ive posted my application for the http://www.vicsupercruz.com.au/ so hopefully all should be good to rip up some tarmac .

#22 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:52 PM

Alwyas something denis!

http://www.gmh-toran...?showtopic=2847 how to post piccies

Cheers

#23 _Lostit_

_Lostit_
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:10 PM

test

Edited by Lostit, 10 August 2007 - 05:12 PM.

#24 _Lostit_

_Lostit_
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:11 PM

ill get this thing one day lol . thanks Tiny

Edited by Lostit, 10 August 2007 - 05:13 PM.

#25 _Lostit_

_Lostit_
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:12 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It looks like a mess but it organised chaos :) hopefully this weekend it will be together .

Edited by Lostit, 10 August 2007 - 05:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users