• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Car:4/73 Cyan Metallic GTR XU-1

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:27 PM

Photos up and running @ http://community.web....com/user/goxu1
BTW , its the folder at the bottom.

Edited by goxu1, 05 September 2006 - 07:29 PM.

#27 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:18 PM

was a great weekend :D
lots of piss and XU1s

#28 2600s

2600s

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:27 PM

Nice to finally put a face to some of the forum members i.e; Mondie, Scooter, 830HP, and last but not least Barry! :spoton:

Had a great time, lots of great pics and too much too drink :tease:

#29 goxu1

goxu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:44 PM

Who went out to Panthers on Saturday. I was going to the Creek on Sunday , but had a change of plans and didn't get there.

#30 _evilsim_

_evilsim_
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:54 PM

Just been looking through those pics .... hmmmm must be what Heavan is like eh ...

#31 WhiteA9XS

WhiteA9XS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Name:Shaun
  • Car:LJ LX
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:56 PM

was a great weekend 
lots of piss and XU1s

i,m glad you said XU1s

nice pics 2600s

barry i have some great photo,s of the blue beastie in front of me around eastern creek if you can pm me your email address , will be happy to forward

#32 _Mondie_

_Mondie_
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:57 PM

It was a bloody great weekend. 830's XU-1 travelled the 2000km+ without a hiccup and in style. The XU-1 Nationals were very well organised and attended, they just need to be a bit more decisive on moving cars around in categorys so you dont have a fully restored car winning unrestored :blink: The MCM on Sunday was awesome, there for 9 hrs and still run out of time trying to see everything. Photo's coming when l get them sorted.....

Good to put faces to quite a few forum members :spoton:

Edited by Mondie, 05 September 2006 - 08:59 PM.

#33 Zook

Zook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:06 PM

Nice photos GoXU1, but honestly, so many LJs :ZZZ: . Did you get any of the White 71 Bathurst or the 70 Yellow Dolly or, my favourite, the 70 Linamint :D . I've got some but am having problems getting them into the PC :furious: Top day though. Wish I knew what people looked like outside the forum...

#34 goxu1

goxu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:18 PM

LC's hmmm , I'll have a look. I'm a bit partial to the LJs. If I have any , I'll post them tomorrow from work.

#35 Zook

Zook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:04 PM

Sweet! Actually, it was surprising how few LC XU-1s there were, not to mention the limited number of GTRs too. Ah well, maybe next year they'll all come out. Torry Nut, If you come down from Bris, then I'll bring mine out on the rotisserie...not! :tease:

#36 _doublin gtr_

_doublin gtr_
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:48 PM

The XU-1 Nationals were very well organised and attended, they just need to be a bit more decisive on moving cars around in categorys so you dont have a fully restored car winning unrestored :blink:

ha ha so right just becouse a car is fully restored to try and make it look unrestored original
dosnt make it unrestored :spit:

#37 _LGN347/24C_

_LGN347/24C_
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:54 AM

hi guys, was worth the 3k round trip ,was made very welcome by brian gosbell(club president,nsw gtr/xu1 club) and members,thankyou. my car was also entered in (original class) not modified,and picked up fist place. i am unaware of any problems with the judging it was impartial and fair to all. THERE WILL ALLWAYS BE SOOKS. P.S. have had my car verified and signed by harry firth ,it is the reshelled (by HDT),24c bond car with all orig running gear.

#38 _VC HDT_

_VC HDT_
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2006 - 10:51 AM

Hi Guy's

I firstly would like to thank all the entrants of the GTR & XU1 Nationals, especially all the guy's who travelled from QLD, VIC, TAS, SA, without your support the event would not have been the success it was.

As this was the first time that we have done an event of this scale, I was very happy with how smooth the event was, and we have learnt alot from this event, and we hope to be able to put on a bigger and better show for the LC & LJ fans next time.

The judging system was all new to us, and we have received some constructive comments, which we have taken on board and will look at making some changes for the next event, but all in all I was very pleased with the process, its very hard to try and please 100% of the people, 100% of the time, and when you have the very high levels of entrants in the restored class for example, at the end of the day the top 6 cars in this class were seperated by only a few points, which is great, at least it will give the entrants some feedback on what they can do to improve there cars for future events.

But let us remember that this event is not designed for the trophy hunters, it was put together for all to enjoy the day and have fun, meet new people who have the same interest as all of us, to enjoy these cars as the maker intended.

For the record the winners for each class were as follows

UNRESTORED

1st Place LC GTR, Bruce T (Daytona Bronze)
2nd Place LC GTR, Ken M (Sebring Orange)
1st Place LC XU1, Alan H (Lina Mint)
2nd Place LC XU1, Anthony C (Rally Red)
1st Place LJ GTR, Grant M (Lone O Ranger)
1st Place LJ XU1, George R (Glacier White)
2nd Place LJ XU1, Terry O (Tangerine)

RESTORED

1st Place LJ XU1, John N (Tangerine)
2nd Place LJ XU1, George N (Glacier White)

GENUINE

1st Place LC XU1, Craig A (Rally Red)
1st Place LJ GTR, Steve B (Zyan Blue)
1st Place LJ XU1, Daryl C (Glacier White)
2nd Place LJ XU1, Peter O (Tangerine)

Longest Distance Drive, Daryl C (Glacier White) over 3000 miles in total

Judges Choice, Bruce & Laura C (Strike Me Pink)

Entrants Choice, John N (Tangerine)

Because of the limited number of cars we had in each class categorie's, for example we only had 1 LJ GTR in the unrestored class so a trophy was automatically awarded, but as this event grows, we will have more cars in each class which will make for a better spectacle.

I would also like to thank the judges, Terry Bebbington and Darren Pender for there hard work.

Kind regards

Bryan Gosbell
President
GTR & XU1 Owners Club

#39 _scooter_

_scooter_
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2006 - 10:57 AM

Thanks Bryan for a great weekend everyone I know will be back wherever you decide to hold the event.

Glad you posted the official placings as I couldent remember all of them.

scooter :spoton:

#40 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2006 - 01:35 PM

Heres that pic I promised.
R

Posted Image

#41 _Mondie_

_Mondie_
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2006 - 01:51 PM

Rory,

Thats interesting, so the car was damaged in 73 not 72 then......So the reshell occured after Bathurst in 1973????

#42 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 02:03 PM

Pic from the day
Posted Image

#43 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,962 posts
  • Name:Barry
  • Car:1976 Mandarin Red SS Hatchback

Posted 06 September 2006 - 03:30 PM

G'day All

Thanks to Bryan for organising the event and for also allowing me to join in as a guest.

Unfortunately I was unable to pick my car up from Young till that Saturday morning from having a motor rebuild.

I did have some dramas with the rebuild which caused the delay in picking it up earlier but more on that later.

I gave wee beastie a shake down run from Young to my home town of Cootamundra (55Ks) and then headed off about 11 am with my son BJ.

Of course I took my time on the way to Penrith running the car from 50mph upto 70mph and not holding it on any one speed for too long and also not going over 3,000 RPM.

Besides it idling rough and high, I had no trouble with it except in that bloody long line of cars getting into Eastern Creek of which mine was not the only car to over-heat.

I enjoyed meeting up with fellow LC/LJ owners, forum members most of whom I have never met and of course the parade lap was great.

As soon as the parade lap was over we headed off back home. Total Ks about 800 so only another 200 till I drop the running in oil out and have a few adjustments done.

Motor specs on my rebuilt 2600S are head converted to ULP, block surface ground, 40thou oversize bore with ICL race pistons, full balance and blue print, 35602 Crow Cam which is a touch over GTR specs.

Thanks again to Bryan, regards ................... Barry

#44 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2006 - 03:40 PM

Mondie...B4 Bathurst 73...they were on their way there..so it appears..
R

#45 _smiley_

_smiley_
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2006 - 03:50 PM

LGN 347,
Brian what ever you do dont paint it in the 24c colours as it looks like a lot of bad karma happens to that number.

#46 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2006 - 10:16 PM

One final technical point....24C was the 72 car...as there were classes...73 car was 24...no letter as it was Group C...just to be picky. That is the giveaway that my pic shows the 73 car damaged on the way to Bathurst...look at the bonnet number.
R
(Shit I find some great old pics in my shoebox when I have some drinks and go looking! 20 years of racing crap finally surfacing and being useful! Lol!)

Edited by rorym, 06 September 2006 - 10:21 PM.

#47 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2006 - 10:38 PM

24C was rolled at bathurst 72 then reshelled after 72 bathurst (im sure we all agree with this.)
there for the replacment shell would of been a 72 spec shell. there is no arguments that the car was reshelled in 72.
now after seeing the latest photo she was damaged again.
the owner has papers to provide evidence of the car authenticity, witch includes a letter stating its a double skined floor (witch is a bath 73 spec shell)
perhaps its been reshelled again
original driveline come on

sorry as much as id love the COMPLETE ORIGINAL car to still exist, i dont. but i do believe some of its bits may and could be fitted to this Shell (a tag)
wheres the cams log book?

as for the original driveline it would of been blown up and replaced 10 times over

cheers
GTR-XU1

im not a sook I just dont believe every thing i hear nor what i see

#48 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2006 - 10:49 PM

BUT!!!...Like my learnered friend above...we ALWAYS go on what we FEEL!!!MMmmm. nice...your place or mine big breasted wench! :spoton:
R
P.S. I dont actually give a rats as I am well past the genuine/original...etc etc scene..as has been stated here b4...most of the supposed genuine HDT L34 cars running around are very questionable to their authenticity...not my problem...I didnt pay $80k for a car that I have to prove its the real deal every 6 months...I built mine..its a replica..if i crash it...I get another body and do it all over again...gotta love that! :spoton: and shit its fun!

Edited by rorym, 06 September 2006 - 10:53 PM.

#49 WhiteA9XS

WhiteA9XS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Name:Shaun
  • Car:LJ LX
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 September 2006 - 11:14 PM

ah ha , now i get it , thanks for the photo rory

so 24c was reshelled in 72 which was then car 24 and then reshelled again in 73

am i right ???

#50 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2006 - 11:23 PM

I think using race cars and genuine/original in the one sentence is a misnomer at the best of times.

Bit like calling the V8 Supertaxis genuine Commodores/Falcons ---> they ain't. Have a look at the article on the rebuild of the one that flipped in the air after hitting the embankment (can't recall the car or track sorry, think it was a K-Mart Car, and possibly Murphy).

Edited by Yella SLuR, 06 September 2006 - 11:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users