rexy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,602 posts
  • Name:Rexy
  • Car:Kia grand carnival!!!

Posted 27 April 2024 - 03:48 PM

Pricing this out a reasonable LA 360/408 stroker is that ballpark for engine alone for similar power to the SRT and it would never have the manners this 392 does.

All the hang on panels on the one I bought are good including the complete front. Big Brembo brakes should be worth a few bucks.

Should be an interesting process. If I had known how good a drive these are and how cheap I probably would have bought one instead of the Caprice. Its a much better drive than my LS3 VF1 Clubsport was.

BTW all the Chrysler forums are pretty dead and TBH not helpful. Certainly makes you appreciate this place!

#28 skap

skap

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Name:Skap
  • Car:Mighty VN

Posted 27 April 2024 - 03:51 PM

Good buying, looking forward to the end result :)

#29 Bigfella237

Bigfella237

Socially Distant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,381 posts
  • Name:Andrew
  • Car:(s) not as many as I'd like but more than I've got space for!

Posted 27 April 2024 - 04:00 PM

~ Big Brembo brakes should be worth a few bucks.~

Can you not adapt the brakes onto the Charger as well?

It's been a few decades since I was behind the wheel of a Charger but I distinctly remember the brakes on 'em weren't spectacular.

#30 FLY_LX

FLY_LX

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Car:LX sedan

Posted 27 April 2024 - 06:07 PM

also looking forward to seeing this

#31 rexy

rexy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,602 posts
  • Name:Rexy
  • Car:Kia grand carnival!!!

Posted 05 May 2024 - 05:50 PM

For motivation I have been watching lots of YouTube vids of Chargers and Hellcats running from the cops…. The infamous black charger, the guy who has a camera on his boot pointing rearward to record how quickly he gaps the cops and so many more insane high speed escapes.. Unreal stuff.

It must be just like the good old days where the cops all hated modified cars cause they couldn’t catch them.

I have driven the SRT around a bit to see if it has any major issues and the answer is no. Oil looked a bit old and the books said it was overdue for changing so I did an oil and filter change and to my surprise these engines run a remote filter arrangement. One less thing to worry about being in the way.

Attached File  IMG_3215.jpeg   124.36K   3 downloads

Pity this plate is taken. Would have gone nicely on the charger when its finished.

#32 Shiney005

Shiney005

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,061 posts
  • Name:Laurie
  • Car:Toyota Mirai
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 May 2024 - 09:55 AM

Ha ha ha. The AMG driver has obviously never driven a Landcruiser in anger!!!

#33 Dr Terry

Dr Terry

Technical + Numbers Guru + Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 06 May 2024 - 09:59 AM

Ha ha ha. The AMG driver has obviously never driven a Landcruiser in anger!!!

Or an HSV Avalanche for that matter.

Dr Terry

#34 Shiney005

Shiney005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,061 posts
  • Name:Laurie
  • Car:Toyota Mirai
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 May 2024 - 10:16 AM

I had 2 V8 Adventra's. Thirsty, but I loved every minute I was off road with them.

#35 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,118 posts

Posted 06 May 2024 - 10:29 AM

If the 6.4 has the same cylinder de-activation as the 5.7 then in a lightweight car like the Charger it'll actually be decent on fuel, as long as you basically leave it alone tune wise and don't go silly on rear axle. It'll easily do sub 10L/100 highway. My Ram that weighs near to 3 tonnes with the heavy Snugtop canopy, fridge, aux battery, inverter etc in it will do 11L/100 on E10 on the Newcastle to Melbourne run if you just cruise on the speed limit. It has 3.92:1 axles but the tyres are 295/70/18 so probably effectively 3:1 or thereabouts for the tyres you'd have on the Charger. If you use the throttle it'll end up around 12-14L/100, around town heaps more though, more like 18L/100.

Be careful of the oil and filter you use in the Hemi, they are susceptible to lifter clatter on the de-activation lifters. For the bulk of them you need a high Moly content oil, or run a Moly additive like LubeGard make. The oil that seems to work best for them is Redline 5W-30 full synthetic. And the filters need to be a good quality synthetic like a Royal Purple or Fram XG2. With the remote filter you should be able to run the larger filters with the same flange, the standard engines use the tiny LS type 10-48 to clear steering in the Ram. I plan to fit a remote filter on mine so I can run the larger filters.

#36 hanra

hanra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,839 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 06 May 2024 - 10:31 AM

Gap…….…. Yep. You’ve been watching too many YouTube clips.

#37 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,118 posts

Posted 06 May 2024 - 10:34 AM

I had 2 V8 Adventra's. Thirsty, but I loved every minute I was off road with them.

I had a VZ Cross8, I got a single 3" system fitted to it and got it tuned but otherwise standard. It was decent on fuel given the size and weight of it. From memory it averaged around 15L/100 for the time I owned it which included a fair bit of towing. Far better than any of the other petrol-powered tow vehicles around that could tow 2500kg when I bought it, which was basically 105 series or 100 series Landcruisers. Anything else was way more expensive to buy, the Cross8 cost me about $25k as a 2 year old car.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users