dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,473 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 09 September 2006 - 09:53 PM

Unsure of the truth of it till the report comes out but sources have said that a car infront had had some sort of engine/turbo failure and laid a film of oil on the road
This might explain the slide

Unconfirmed at this stage

#252 A9X

A9X

A fortunate run

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts
  • Name:Welby
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 September 2006 - 11:14 PM

Datto a car did do a turbo, but it was earlier on the stage at a chicane. Same stage saw a MS beemer fall over onto its lid.

I ran through there earlier and it was just a greasy section of road following a light drizzle.

Someone earlier posted a thought that there was something strange about the accident. There was nothing strange, a tight corner in damp conditions and a powerful car at speed.

I was sitting in the start queue waiting our turn when the call came through that he had had an off.

I can't tell you how the day went from there.

Welby

#253 _lxhatch05_

_lxhatch05_
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2006 - 01:46 AM

It is just so unheard of for him to crash....when was the last? over 10 years ago? and then when he did it is all over forever. So unfair and so sad.

Not a day has gone by in my life where im not reminded Im a Brock fan, from my cars, clothes to framed pictures on the wall.

Such a bitter pill to swallow when you never thought it would happen.

#254 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 05:37 PM

A9X, a mate of mine lives a few minutes away from the crash site, and travels that road regularly. He says that from time to time, the parrots/galahs congregate on the trees and chew at the gum nuts, causing them to fall on the road. He says he's had a few rear end side steps at relatively low speeds when he's run over a decent sized gum nut or two. I don't know the road myself, but I was wondering if you'd seen any stuff like this on the road when you went through?

I suppose we'll never really know, but that Daytona did look to be a bit taily and nervous in the front end from the footage shown on TV of it travelling at speed.

#255 Statler

Statler

Heckler Extraordinaire

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,282 posts
  • Name:Col

Posted 11 September 2006 - 05:54 PM

Still in mourning! :cry:

#256 _LXChev366_

_LXChev366_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:47 PM

Just finished reading all 17 pages..... :cry:
I have met Peter several times and of course have his autograph. My best memory is the 97 Shell Touring Car event at Oran Park. I still have the Entry Ticket, which he has signed. I will never forget that day... where the whole crowd was cheering him on ... ON EVERY LAP.... you had to be there... it was just amazing..... He is the reason I race my Torana. Yes Peter I am Living My Dream..... Thanks for the memories.... :spoton: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

R.I.P. Peter Brock

#257 _JBM_

_JBM_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:35 PM

I listened to a 96FM interview with Brock and he was talking about the Daytona.
There is a link on the RIP Brock post on the Fastlane Forum.

Brock 96FM Interview

Apparently the car is bum heavy, 45% front 55% rear. Its powered by a GenIII.
It also has traction control and ABS.

The enthusiasm for cars in the interview is trademark Brocky.

James

#258 _timbotorrie_

_timbotorrie_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:51 PM

here is a great tribute video

tribute

#259 _dave720gtr_

_dave720gtr_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:06 PM

DAMO did a great job !^^^

some TOP pics . brings back old memorrys :cry:

LONG LIVE THE KING!

#260 _RpM_

_RpM_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:47 PM

Once again, a terrible loss to Australia... If anybody wants a copy of the tribute damo did (the one two posts above this one) send me a PM with your email address and I will send it on.

I can't believe he's gone... my childhood (and current) hero, taken in such fashion just brought me to tears, and still does when I think about it...

RIP Peter Brock -

#261 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:02 PM

Fitting tribute Damo. Very moving

#262 _LX406_

_LX406_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:54 PM

Posted Image

#263 A9X

A9X

A fortunate run

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts
  • Name:Welby
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:28 PM

Dangerous, when we ran the stage earlier i didn't notice any.
When we were doing recce the week before though, my co driver who is a big bike rider commented the honky nuts on the road were a worry.
The road is a well known weekend bike run.
Welby

#264 _lcgtr_

_lcgtr_
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2006 - 03:21 AM

Went out there to pay my respects and leave some flowers.
Took some pictures for you guys over east
Just an ordinary streatch of country road realy, just as reported.......................... truly unbelivable
4 cars of people came and went just in the short time we were there

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#265 _RpM_

_RpM_
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:33 AM

:(

#266 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2006 - 12:32 PM

thankyou for sharing those pics.

#267 _RpM_

_RpM_
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:46 PM

So, Derryn Hinch drops lower than the scum on the bathroom tiles at Silverwater...

http://www.hinch.net...06/12-9-06.html

#268 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:43 AM

It seems that the general emotion has already been established and that this will porbably not get read being on the 18th or whatever page, but i just felt like sharing my experiences with The King of the Mountain. I ave met Peter Brock many times thorughout my life each time he had chatted to me for a couple minutes and seemed happy yo do so, each time he made me feel like an individual and not just another punk kid in the line for an autograph. The highlight of my experiences though was a few years ago, some friends of ours got married i the pits during Bathurst and Brocky attended their wedding and signed their marrieage certificate, i then had the chance to go for a drive with brocky in a monaro, and the cracker was that he rekons he had seen me before! boy was i proud. Brock was the legend that every kid in their billy car or sitting at the wheel of dad's car going brum brum wanted to be, he was a hero to many, a villan to some (ford fans) but the fact remains he was something special. We will never again see such a skiled, kind hearted professional as Brock, the world is a worse place having lost him. May his actions and attitudes be an example for others and we should all be so lucky as to be half as good human being as Brocky. RIP Peter Perfect

CHRIS

#269 _RpM_

_RpM_
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:51 AM

orangeLJ - Dont worry mate, i'm still reading every post in this thread. And dont stress, It's almost been a week since it happened, and I still havent found all the words to write down to show how I feel entirely, even though so many other people already have said basically all the can be said.

Edited by RpM, 14 September 2006 - 09:57 AM.

#270 LC69GTR

LC69GTR

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:04 AM

Same here i am reading it all great words and storys you told about the king.
Well done orangeLJ feel free to tell all you know on Brock as i cant get enough.

As for Hinch you idiot just can�t help himself I was in the car Monday with a mate and we said it will
be interesting to see what dirt he finds on Brock so predictable he is the human headline.

Any of you New Zealanders want him back we are over him.

Edited by LC69GTR, 14 September 2006 - 10:09 AM.

#271 _Aquarius - LC_

_Aquarius - LC_
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2006 - 12:43 PM

^^^^^ I'm with them, Thank's for sharing orangeLJ.
I am working on my own personal little tribute this arvo,
Will post up a couple pics later.

#272 _82911_

_82911_
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2006 - 01:14 PM

Thought I might share the reply I sent to Mr Hinch about his cheap shot at P. Brock (OAM)

Derryn,
let he who has never sinned cast the first stone.
The one big difference between the life of Peter Brock and the life of 80% of the Australian male community, is that Peter had his every move either televised or at the very least reported on, whereas the "average " bloke does not....
Peter may have not been a perfect role model for those who choose to live their lives according to GOD... But to those of us who understood him and the spotlight that was thrust upon him, we saw nothing wrong with the way he lived his life.In fact Peters values as well as his tenacity has influenced and inspired many more than you will ever know.
Come to Sandown Park Raceway on the 22nd, a the tribute to the man that most regarded as the "king" It might open your eyes some.
Though for the most part I would expect you are blind to the truth, and only have eyes for the ratings that you can "score"
SIT DOWN MR HINCH.....NOBODY IS LISTENING.

Greg Hartnett....
Lifelong Brock fan...

cheers Greg..

#273 LC69GTR

LC69GTR

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 01:24 PM

Thats the spirt 82911 thats telling him

I sent one yesterday to him but no reply i would say he has a few emails at the moment the goose

#274 _RpM_

_RpM_
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2006 - 01:36 PM

82911 - Excellent work mate, I have been writing up my response to his article and will send it tonight I think... although I decided to edit out the bit where I said I wanted to "shame shame shame" him into a shopping trolley, and roll him into oncomming traffic... Although I still think it would have made a good impact...

#275 _MRNOS_

_MRNOS_
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2006 - 02:00 PM

:furious:
'Mate it really is a sad day for you.To have to go down to that level on your NOT SO PERFECT editorial. Here we have an Australian Icon,dead in a tragic accident, and all you can do is publish an article about his not so perfect PRIVATE life. Why did you feel the need to do this? Is it because in all your years as a reporter/journalist you are yet to influence anyone? Is it because through all the years of dragging peoples name's through the mud, there wouldn't be many people-if any that would stop and say "Jeez I wish I was like Derryn Hinch"? How many people do you think you've influenced? Not many i'm sure. Peter Brock may not have been the what you class as PERFECT, but he, unlike you has left a lasting impression on the Australian Community-a good impression. I'm sure you're private life isnt perfect either, but at least when I heard the death of Peter Brock, I felt loss, when the day comes that I here on the radio that Derryn Hinch passed away..well I wont be the only person in this country saying, its not that much of a loss.

Regards Daren
A fan of people that make a usefull difference'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users