Horrific Targa West Accident

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
296 replies to this topic

#226 _luv the uc_

_luv the uc_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:06 AM

For the first time in quite a while I cried tonight while reading this. It is such a shame it takes something like this to happen for everyone to appreciate someones contributions to our country. It sadens me that my life long dream to meet the inspiration to my love of torana's will never be filled. There goes a totally unreplacable icon. RIP, Peter Perfect.

#227 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:17 AM

Hope it's not premature, but accident looks like classic rear wheel lock up. Something that somebody with the skill and experience of PB should have known how to rectify. I won't be surprised if the wash up shows he's suffered a heart attack or something prior to the accident. Either that or stuck accelerator, or other failure in the car.

Brain is starting to work again.

#228 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:25 AM

Yella one would think a man of Peter Brocks caliber would know what to do to rectify such a thing but there could be a million reasons as to why it happend..

Lets wait and see what unfolds but im guesing it was car failure and hoping it wasnt a heart attack or anything of that nature as it wouldnt have been a pleasent last few moments for our great Legend..

Everytime i read another post in this thread i have to fight back the tears, it might sound korny to some specialy never having met the man but his presence in my life was very strong..

Lost for words once again.

John

#229 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:30 AM

I agree, there is just something weird about it that's all, something I can't put my finger on. Looks like a novice off, something like I'd do. Just searching for answers now. Guy here has been round the local track with him, and reckons he's never been so fast in a car in his life, and that was in a Statesman.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 09 September 2006 - 01:31 AM.

#230 TORLX8

TORLX8

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Name:Campbell

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:30 AM

I still can't believe the legend has passed. :cry:
Whenever he spoke, everyone sat up and took notice.
Whenever he went past on the track, everyone sat up and took notice.
After all he is Peter Perfect. He didn't get that name for nothing.
He was an inspiration to me since a young age, and if it wasn't for Peter I very much doubt I would have my hatch.
For that Peter, I thank you.
I vote Mount Panorama gets renamed "Mount Brock."
After all, he is the KING of that mountain.
Hang on to your Peter Brock signed memorabillia people, some of that Brocky Magic may just rub off.

Condolances to the Brock family.

RIP Brocky.

You will be sadly missed.

TORLX8

Edited by TORLX8, 09 September 2006 - 01:34 AM.

#231 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:36 AM

Mate i thought it was a sick joke..

On monday after Steve irwins death and waching this nation come to a hault i thought to myself jees Steve has had such an impact on our lives the whole nation has stoped in its tracks and i then thought only Peter Brock would hault this nation like Steve irwin did, never in my mind did i think this would come true....

John

#232 _1QUICK LJ_

_1QUICK LJ_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:45 AM

I FEEL PROUD TO DRIVE A CAR THAT PETER BROCK HAD SO MUCH INPUT INTO ITS DEVELOPMENT. TORANA WHEN YOUR HOT YOUR HOT. R.I.P BROCKIE

Edited by 1QUICK LJ, 09 September 2006 - 01:45 AM.

#233 355LX

355LX

Long Term Project

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:LX hatch

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:49 AM

Let's all pay tribute to the great man by trying to live by one of his own motto's,

LIVE THE DREAM!!!!

#234 _slr_5000torana_

_slr_5000torana_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:55 AM

I FEEL PROUD TO DRIVE A CAR THAT PETER BROCK HAD SO MUCH INPUT INTO ITS DEVELOPMENT. TORANA WHEN YOUR HOT YOUR HOT. R.I.P BROCKIE

amen brother.

#235 _thunderbird76_

_thunderbird76_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 02:57 AM

over here in the UK we used to get about an hours highlights of the great race once a year, but we all know of Peter Brock, king of the mountain.
I haven't read through all the posts here but having lost my own father a couple of months ago, my thoughts go firstly to his family but then also to the hundreds (thousands) of fans and people he met and spoke to. I have been trawling around the net with this tragic story and have not yet read one report that says anything negative. He truely was a great racer and great man.
Just makes me wish I'd followed through my plans to build a brock replica commodore here in the UK...trouble was we only get 3.0 litre straight sixes!!
tonight will dig out the old VHS tapes of Bathurst and watch the master at work.

RIP Peter Brock.

#236 _lcgtr_

_lcgtr_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 03:05 AM

A devastating day and Im not ashamed to say I shed more than a few tears for my one and only hero

I just got back from a cruze around Perth with my brother to show our respect. Later next week Ill drive up and lay a reef

Posted Image

I met the great man 11 years ago when I was 15. It was on the Friday before the race at Wanneroo. He was standing outside his trailer for hours, in the sun, with a card table full of posters just talking to fans and signing autographs when every other driver was inside watching TV
I have been telling that story for years whenever someone asks me about the picture on my wall
He will always be as I remember him, larger than life

RIP PB

Posted Image
Heath Boucher

#237 LC69GTR

LC69GTR

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 04:58 AM

Ok just woke up crying its 5am and i hoped it was bad dream but its not damb its stuffed :cry: :cry:

#238 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 06:06 AM

I am absolutely blown away in devastation at the loss of a great
hero of mine as i have followed his racing since i was a child. As
was said there is Brocky charity in Victoria in November i think
it would be great if we get a massive group of Torrie's to assend
on this place in memory of the greatest race that lived. I would
like to offer my condolences to the Brock family & friends.

RIP Brocky

Cheers Keith

#239 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:46 AM

I have a jigsaw puzzle at home, "40 years of Bathurst", with pictures of all of the winning cars. I now feel that when i get home, it'll be time to bring it out and build it, glue it to a board and hang it on my wall.

RIP Brocky, you've been an inspiration to us all.

RIM

#240 _BoltZ_

_BoltZ_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 09:05 AM

Hope it's not premature, but accident looks like classic rear wheel lock up. Something that somebody with the skill and experience of PB should have known how to rectify.

Apparantly he'd only just got back from overseas in the last day or so, so could have well been a bit jetlagged.... all it takes is a split second misjudgement...

I still feel like i'm seconds away from breaking down in tears

#241 _FCCOOL_

_FCCOOL_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 09:46 AM

Little off topic, but did he race the FX at goodwood, I have been hanging to see the FX race, is that were he just got back from?

Edited by FCCOOL, 09 September 2006 - 09:52 AM.

#242 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts
  • Name:Howard
  • Car:1976 LX SLR8000

Posted 09 September 2006 - 09:48 AM

I heard he had come back from Goodward (?), straight to the Targa. The report said he came 4th over there in the FX.

#243 _Unicorn_

_Unicorn_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 09:58 AM

On behalf of the members and their families of the Combined Torana Car Club of WA, we offer our sympathies to the Brock family, and to the many fans world wide. Such a tragedy, but at least he went doing what he loved.

:cry:

Vale Peter "perfect" Brock.

LONG LIVE THE KING!!
[SIZE=1]Neil Hartnell
President, CTCC WA (INC.)

:cry:

#244 _FCCOOL_

_FCCOOL_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:05 AM

Thanks litre8, Thats not bad for a old grey powered humpy on the track full of english sports cars, hopefully I will be able to find some footage on the race.

#245 _bunny_

_bunny_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:30 AM

:cry: RIP Brocky

#246 _LX406_

_LX406_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 12:12 PM

A very well done tribute to Brocky.

https://cache.gmh-to...=brock_0001.flv

#247 _TUFF_

_TUFF_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:22 PM

I found out on my way to my gf and i first camping trip. I first met Brocky when i was 8 and i remember asking him " Excuse me Mr Brock can i please have a Autograph and an Photo" I still have that photo and i still have that shirt i was wearing that he signed for me. It is a Great Lose to not just Motorsport but Australia and the World in General. I am sure he is up there in spirit throwing one of the Generals finest around Mt Panorama. The Man may not be here Physically but he lives on in Everyone one of us and our cars. We Drive Toranas after all.
Who knows.. Maybe the shirts that were around in the 70's were true.. Maybe Peter Brock really is God..

Cheers

Josh

#248 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:47 PM

A tad Off Topic, but i was just thinkin'... If all goes to plan for me, and the laws dont change, I will get my P's exactly a year from yesterday... which means that I'll be able to go on my first real cruise in the LJ on the anniversary of Brocky's death.

That would be great.

I am sure he is up there in spirit throwing one of the Generals finest around Mt Panorama.

Well said, and I know that there have been plenty of Torana's sent up...

RIP Brocky. I never had the chance to meet you, but every time I start my LJ I will be thinkin of you, flogging a car not dissimilar to mine around The Mountain.

RIM

#249 _Toranamanincanada_

_Toranamanincanada_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:56 PM

Just saw the story on my email page news link, wow what a blow to the country losing 2 great blokes in one week.

Of course there was only one "Brocky" and he spanned such a broad era of Aussie racing.

The last time I was trackside to watch him was at sanddown with the "Last of the big Bangers" in the old group "C" class. Even though the Commodore killed the Torana, they were a hellraiser of a car on the track, nice exhaust note too.

I nearly bought one of those ion polarisers too, remember them?

Well I'm sure we will all have heaps of memories, look forward to reading a few.

#250 _V8racerchic_

_V8racerchic_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 03:23 PM

A truly amazing man lost well before his prime. I was in total shock yesterday when I first heard about the crash in W.A. My thoughts are with his family. With only 1 month til Bathurst too.. This years race just won't be the same. R.I.P. Brocky.

Julz. :cry:

Edited by V8racerchic, 09 September 2006 - 03:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users