296 replies to this topic

#176 Zook

Zook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:43 PM

Vale, Peter Brock. Sincerest condolences to your friends and family. The Repco Trial win started it for me and I'm really glad it did. Happy to have spoken to you once. You did great work while you were here, a legacy which will continue, I'm sure. Sad day.

#177 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:51 PM

i remember as a kid sitting infront of the TV watching bathurst and sanddown etc etc egging on A9X toranas and thinking i will own a hatchback one day, thanks Peter for helping to create such cars as these and the commodores that we love so much.
i hope one day when my hatch is back on the road you will look down and give it the thumbs up.
words like King of the Mountain, legend, 05 and the like will always be reserved for you.
R.I.P Peter Brock.

#178 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:58 PM

Guys and Girls,

like the rest of you, I am devestated!!!

I had the occasion to met this great Australian a couple of times and I am guttered!!

With Toranafest coming up, my phone has been non stop since 3.30pm today..

I can tell you all, that we, the HVTC, are having a special committee meeting tomorrow to discuss how we, in our small way, can pay our respects to this great Australian.

It is a great shame that Peter Brock will no longer grace us with his presence and I know that many of you will feel the same way.

RIP Peter Brock
You will be missed by many....

cheers
Mick

#179 _FCCOOL_

_FCCOOL_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:00 PM

True loki, brock went through some funny patches there, like driving a sierra, a bm and a nissan from memory, and the polarizer and stuff, for me as a kid being a big brock fan all the stuff at the time on the news was dissapointing but then the old brock came back out and everything was good as gold again, we all go through strange shit at times and make mistakes but he made up for his mistakes. As many know he was very down to earth, in the beginning he would turn up at races with his austin and and all the snotty nose racers didnt want the car on the track becuase it was too ugly to race with all the exotic sports cars on the track, he didnt cars, he didnt have there money, instead he had a winning combo wich was a driving skill and a holden 179 stashed under the hood, sophisticated sports cars were no match for the combo of driving skill and a holden 6 wich lead to lots of embarassed snotty nose drivers, guess he learned from the start not to have a snotty nose.
hey loki, as for baggin stev irwin and worrying about the starving kids, tell those starving kids to start by doing some croc hunting instead of sitting on there arses, tell there parents to get a coureer started before a family, I am sick of hearing about homeless people, some people have it made from the begining and others dont but you dont have to be permanantly affected if you dont want to and you dont bring kids into the world if you cant afford it. notice how homeless people usualy live in exotic locations, like looking over the harbours.
There are some people who make things happen, influence our lives and keep us entertained while we do little more than just keep ourselves alive. these people put our country on the map and yep, they even help out in charitys better than any of us ever would helping poor kids and animals so when one goes down, it hits us all hard.
no offense loki, you have a point, but it was just a weird period, and out of that brock was a superior good descent down to earth bloke wich added to his work on the track wich made him a deadset legend, no one will ever match the king of the mountain.

#180 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:20 PM

I have edited Loki'd comment and if anyone else has no repect for the dead then their comments will also get edited.

GROW UP!

#181 _Loki_

_Loki_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:21 PM

Mod Edited again ...

I'm not coming back to these boards knowing what a bunch of really heartless morons you are.
I'm sure you can crawl back under your cars or pushing a broom knowing how you're changing the world and helping people.

Edited by tinkers, 08 September 2006 - 09:35 PM.

#182 _MRNOS_

_MRNOS_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:23 PM

I have edited Loki'd comment and if anyone else has no repect for the dead then their comments will also get edited.

GROW UP!

:clap:

Loki-you're a tosser

#183 Ferg

Ferg

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Car:72 LJ XU1 rep

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:23 PM

Good 1 ! I think Loki ( short for #rsole) has gone back in the hole where he belongs

#184 _smiley_

_smiley_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:26 PM

Thanks Kerri,
All it was doing was getting our tempers going.

#185 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:27 PM

Damn.
This isn't getting any easier.
I have read every post on this so far and I am still fighting back tears.

I spoke one on one with PB at Bathurst 2002 in the Holden Tent at a Biante invite do.
We were away from the hoopla chatting about the car set up and how Peter thought he could get more out of it, and the thing that amazed me the whole time we were chatting, was his fixation with me.
His eyes never left mine, he stressed every point as if I was his mechanic or something... I walked away from that feeling as though I had been honoured to have shared the same air as he.

He truly left an impression that YOU mattered.

An amazingly gifted PERSON.... he was so much more than this Hero, or Icon that the press labelled him.
Sure, they are fitting words, but to have met and spoken to the great man is truly an honour and a privallage, as people like Brockie don't come along every day..... hell, they barely come along once in a lifetime.

I stood in line to have him autograph a photo my bro-in-law took at Sandown. (back in 96(?))
I waited 2 1/2 hrs!!!
While he signed autographs for screaming 12 year old schoolgirls, the die hards were left to queue up and wait. And we did.

Posted Image

I'm glad I got this.... it hangs proudly in my lounge.

This is the end of an era in Australia...
Rip PB.

Edited by knoath, 08 September 2006 - 09:37 PM.

#186 _Duck05_

_Duck05_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:28 PM

RIP Brocky,
I never met you but I have alway's respected and admired you, hence the fact I am known as Duck05. It is a sad day for all.

My lasting memory of Brock was being up on skyline when he did the Holden comparison in 2004, we heard it coming then it came into view the 79 A9X in a four wheel drift onto skyline PB at the wheel, my mate turned to me and said "I bet you never thought you'd see that", I replied with goose bumps and a huge smile "it does not get any better than this".
Our annual pilgrimage to Bathurst will be very special this year, it will be our tribute to "THE KING OF THE MOUNTAIN".

I wil never forget PETER BROCK 05

Regards & Respect
Duck05

#187 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts
  • Name:Barry
  • Car:1976 Mandarin Red SS Hatchback

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:31 PM

The Vultures are circling.

Just had a look on ebay as a matter of interest with what is going on with Peter Brock gear and it has gone through the roof.

What irks me is that some one has already started to sell the coffee mugs with Peter on them along with his birth year and death year.

I have a Holden hat the Peter, Colin Bond & Harry Firth signed at Torana the Great in 2004. It is hanging on the wall of my hall-way.

If you see it for sale anywhere then please shoot the seller because it would have been stolen, :shoot: because there is no way I am going to sell it.

To loki
You pompous self rightous mindless moronic cretin.
So you have done no WRONG ?

You're probably so far up yourself that you can smell your own bad breath.

As said before: There is a time and a place for everything.

Regards ........... Barry

#188 _Loki_

_Loki_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:35 PM

Mod edit: 14 day holiday for you.
Hoping you might learn from this when/if you come back.

Edited by tinkers, 08 September 2006 - 09:41 PM.

#189 _4door_LJ_

_4door_LJ_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:36 PM

Absolutely shattered when I heard the news. I have a son named Brock so it's fair to say he's made a big impression on me. As sad as it is to lose an iconic figure like that I'm just glad he passed away going what he loved. (not due to cancer or something crappy & prolonged like that)

The CTCC of WA will be having a run to Gidgegannup to pay our respects on the 17th of this month. Anyone wishing to come along is welcome. More details will be posted soon.

#190 boomfunk

boomfunk

Forum Trimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:37 PM

wheres the admin when you need them :huh:

#191 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:40 PM

Way for half of you to prove what real bguckin bogans you are with no social clue whatsoever.
Get out from under the car and start talking to people outside of anything but Torana's.

Piss off LOKI, this is a Torana forum, ya GOOSE!

#192 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:41 PM

wheres the admin when you need them :huh:

I am here and editing as fast as I can :)

#193 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:42 PM

Mod edit: 14 day holiday for you.
Hoping you might learn from this when/if you come back.

Loki, I think you should just quit while you are behind. You have labeled us all just because you had to bring up something that was against the grain. It doesn't matter what you thought of him when he was alive have some respect, or is your name Derrin Hinch?

#194 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:44 PM

hehe sorry Red got the edit in while you were posting too

#195 _hrt1and2_

_hrt1and2_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:44 PM

pricks like u should be in the car and brock walking away. piss off clown!

#196 _smiley_

_smiley_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:47 PM

Damn Tinks
Does that mean the sand pit is closed??????

#197 _Speedy T_

_Speedy T_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:50 PM

Heard the news this afternoon. My heart sank. Only met him once, on the Classic Adelaide rally. But what a guy. Can't believe this has happened. Lost for words. Very sad indeed. He will always be an inspiration to many. RIP. Peter Perfect.

#198 _Duck05_

_Duck05_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:52 PM

How about if we stop responding and commenting on Loki and use this thread for what it is a tribute and show of respect to Peter Brock.

RIP Brocky

Regards
Duck05

#199 _JBM_

_JBM_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:52 PM

Its a sad day when anyone we know passes away.
We will all still have our own memories good and bad to share with each other.
Brocks achievements in life should inspire us to "follow our dreams" as he put it.
There will never be another Peter Brock.
His mechanically sympathetic driving style and promotion of defensive driving are something that I try to emulate myself when driving.
He dominated the Group C era of Australian motorsport in Holdens, something that is remarkable given that racing is a very unpredictable sport.
Whenever he raced I wanted him to win because he was a gracious winner and a gracious loser.

James

#200 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:54 PM

hehe sorry Red got the edit in while you were posting too

ah thats ok. I just don't understand why people have to knock people after they die. No one has a perfect personal life, and how a guy can go on about helping people and then knock a legend like Brock has got me when he helped so many. And then to call us every name possible, just because we are unhappy about Brocks death. GRRR Brocks been a hero of mine since I was about 5, and for someone to come out with that crap annoys the shit out of me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users