• Guests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:03 PM

Totally lost for words.....

#77 _73lj202_

_73lj202_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:04 PM

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

My life, and many others has just changed forever!!
Love You Brocky.
We will miss you badly.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Exactly, I just can't believe this, I'm absolutely Shattered, My Legend gone

#78 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:05 PM

I wasnt going to say this but here goes..
I was never a huge fan of the man...I was on the inside for a while and I will leave that there..
BUT!..I have to admit I admired the man for his skill..
I am absolutely stunned...It is not fair...he did make me proud to be an aussie when they went to Monza in the Group A V8s with Moffat of all people.!!!...and smoked them, he should have died of old age in a hotted up motorised wheelchair like in Mel Brooks' Silent Movie...
I bury the hatchet...
Pete..Love you or dislike you..I will actually miss seeing your mug on the telly.
(Think I might have a drink tonight.)
RIP
Life just got poorer for all Australians.
R

#79 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Peter Brock killed in road smash

September 08, 2006 03:05pm

MOTOR racing champion driver Peter Brock has been killed in a racing accident in Western Australia.

The Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS) said in a statement the accident occurred at about 1.50pm (AEST).

Sixty-one-year-old Brock's co-driver, believed to Mick Hone, has been taken to hospital in a stable condition. CAMS said it will conduct a full investigation into the incident.

In the meantime, CAMS and event officials are working with the relevant civil authorities.

"On behalf of the motor sport community, CAMS offers its sincere sympathy to Peter's family and many friends," the statement said.

Targa West is a tarmac special stage rally.

Brock was a dominant figure in Australian motor sport, winning the Bathurst 1000, Australia's most prominent domestic motorsport event, a total of nine times through the 1970s and 80s.

He won six Bathurst 1000 wins in seven years, including his victory in the 1979 event, which he won by a record six laps.

He retired from full-time driving in 1997.

Since 1997, he had made two return visits to Bathurst in 2002 and 2004 and returned to top-level touring car racing as a team owner of "Team Brock'' in 2002 in the V8 Supercar category.

A year later he sold his share in the team to Kees Weel.

In recent years, he occasionally competed in various motorsport events such as the Targa Tasmania.

#80 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

I thought it was written in his contract with Australian Motor Racing fans that "You are not allowed to die!!!".

#81 _youngy_11_

_youngy_11_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:07 PM

Yes guys i think that item has been on ebay for a while and it was just a coincidence that he died today before the auction ended??

Can some one confirm?

It had a bid from the 3rd of sept i thikn.

Otherwise i hope they don't come out of their holes and start flogging all their shit off as i know i have a sign PB poster of his First edition Brock magazine and I won't be seeling that.

ryan :cry:

#82 _sway_

_sway_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:08 PM

My thoughts are with his family.
Still in shock - what a shitty week when we lose our Aussie Legends.

#83 _MRNOS_

_MRNOS_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:09 PM

Sky news are showing the car itself after the crash, not nice at all, and I agree with Rory's last comment, I wasnt a fan of Brock but I can appreciate what he did for the sport.

#84 _sway_

_sway_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:10 PM

Yes guys i think that item has been on ebay for a while and it was just a coincidence that he died today before the auction ended??

Can some one confirm?

Otherwise i hope they don't come out of their holes and start flogging all their shit off as i know i have a sign PB poster of his First edition Brock magazine and I won't be seeling that.

The item was listed on the 29th August.
However winning bidder looks to be a collectibles shop - you can imagine what's about to happen to the price when it sold at $4550!

#85 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:12 PM

this cant be true! im in shock! i dont know what to say R.I.P

#86 _Fairdinkum_

_Fairdinkum_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:16 PM

I will cherish the photos i have of Peter and i standing in front of my car ,and will allways remember how nice he was to my kids even when they would not leave him alone.He was a true champion.........RIP Brocky,we are going to miss you.

#87 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Im with Rory, i wasnt the biggest fan, but what he has done for motorsport, and the legend that is Peter Brock will never be forgotten.

Im absolutely shattered, you would never think that something like this could happen! Especially twice in one week!

:fool:

A1

#88 _jklumpp_

_jklumpp_
  • Guests

this is really hitting me hard at the moment....I'm fighting back the tears I can feel welling in the back of my eyes....

I'd like to share a memory of my meeting with Brocky;
After Brocky announced his retirment (the first one :P) I decided to have a poster made, and take it to Bathurst to have him sign it. I made up a poster on the computer showing every car Brock had raced at Bathurst, and had 2 of them printed - one for me, and one for my nephew. We headed up to Bathurst for the media day, which used to be held on the Wednesday after the Oran park round of the V8's. At the end of the day, I stood in the crowd of people trying to get autographs, with my young nephew on my shoulders. the crowd was frantic - people were shoving things into Brockies face from left right & centre, and he was just taking them, signing them, and handing them back most of the time without looking up....finally, we made our way to the front of the crowd, and I held our posters out towards him - eventually he grabbed then, looked at the with pen poised, and then stopped.....He looked up at me, and said "Where did you get this?" - I told him that I had made them, and he just said "Wow - you've done a great job - what's your name?" I told him my name & my nephews name, and he wrote out the autograph to each of us individually. it was amazing - amongst all of this mayhem, the man himself stopped to admire my work, and speak to me.... I know it's not much compared to those of you that have had cars signed, and even driven by the man, but it is a memory that I will cherish forever.

Peter Brock, You were truly a Legend...May you Rest In Peace

#89 _svenikus_

_svenikus_
  • Guests

Can some one confirm?

That particular auction was posted on the 29th of August I believe.. although there are a few other that have been posted within the last 30 minutes or so.

Brocky will be missed greatly by the Australian motorsport community. Now, I like many others will not get to meet this Aussie legend. R.I.P Brocky

#90 355LX

355LX

Long Term Project

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:LX hatch

Peter Brock, a great driver, and an even greater man.....

R.I.P.

#91 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:18 PM

Biante Forum ---> Off line.

#92 _Flamenco_

_Flamenco_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:19 PM

R.I.P. Brock, hope his family are ok.

#93 _355lxss_

_355lxss_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:20 PM

i cant believe it, im lost for words.

RIP Peter, you'll never be forgotten!!!

#94 DanWA

DanWA

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Car:LS1 LX 4 Door

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:21 PM

damn just got home, 5 calls and about 10 sms's later.... its on foxtel at the moment... daytona coupe... not a monaro?

very sad time now :(

RIP Peter Brock

#95 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:22 PM

Happier times - this thread is too sad.

Peter and Bev with Mia and I and our little red Torrie at Birdwood 2003
Posted Image

Hooning in the little beastie
Posted Image

Posted Image

Just had a short call from ABC 891 for an interview spot. How do you say what you need to about Brock in 1 minute???

#96 Ferg

Ferg

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Car:72 LJ XU1 rep

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:24 PM

He was the main reason we are all here on this site

RIP BROCKY

#97 _Shevster_

_Shevster_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:26 PM

Very shocking, I'm in total disbelief, and am very sad.
Thanks for all the great memories Brocky, you'll never be forgotten.

RIP 05 ;(

#98 _LX_76_

_LX_76_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:29 PM

i think i have just found my inspiration to keep my torrie

#99 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:31 PM

Very tragic, I'm gutted. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have been wanting to get a pic of my Hatch wich is also gone signed by the graet man but was never in the right place at the right time. Now unfortunately that can never happen.

As for the filthy parisites :furious: that try to cash in on evilbay now. Hope karma gets them. The best thing about PB was he singed anything and everything so their is so much stuff out there wich should keep the value down a bit so they don't profit too much (slimmy bastards).

I will cheerish my Bathurst 10 wins picture set more now.

#100 _hrt1and2_

_hrt1and2_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:37 PM

Very tragic, I'm gutted. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have been wanting to get a pic of my Hatch wich is also gone signed by the graet man but was never in the right place at the right time. Now unfortunately that can never happen.

As for the filthy parisites :furious: that try to cash in on evilbay now. Hope karma gets them. The best thing about PB was he singed anything and everything so their is so much stuff out there wich should keep the value down a bit so they don't profit too much (slimmy bastards).

I will cheerish my Bathurst 10 wins picture set more now.

yea he was a inspiration alright, and he would sign anything

Summernats 2002 i think, he signed a ford poster. And we told him to write "Ford's are shit" but he wrote "Live life to the max" or something like that. What a legend, RIP 05. Lets hope Holden can make it a special day on bathurst for the great man. i wish the family all the best, also feel for mark skaife might sound a bit weird but if he wins he will better brocks record of touring car wins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users