Brocky's Memorial - 22nd Sept @ Sandown

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#1 _LX406_

_LX406_
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:31 AM

it has been announced that there will be a public memorial at Sandown on Friday the 22nd of September at Sandown.

Who is going? I wouldn't miss it for the world. Work can have a day without me. I'm tipping all of Brock's race cars will be there. The torana's should come out in force I reckon.

Give us your thoughts?

#2 DanWA

DanWA

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Car:LS1 LX 4 Door

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:53 AM

I won't be able to make it, stuck in Perth but can someone please get a heap of pics on the day...

#3 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 12 September 2006 - 11:05 AM

I am There! I am on uni holidays as well that week. So the torana will definatly be there, rain hail or shine!

Are we going to travel in a convoy?

#4 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2006 - 11:08 AM

I would much want to drive the Torana to this but its still in peices so one of my commodores will have to do..

What i might do is place my A9XSS number plates on the commodore for the day..

I be there regardless theres no chance ill miss this..

John

#5 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 11:12 AM

I'll be there for sure.
Won't miss this.

I too think we should convoy, or at least meet (early) nearby to enter Sandown together.

Will be a huge day.

#6 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 12 September 2006 - 11:58 AM

im there............in the Torana

#7 _wraith75_

_wraith75_
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:50 PM

Im there i 2 think we shold convoy in 2 gether i dont know melbourn that well onley been to sandown once so just let me know were to meet u all and im there and if there is any one from geelong going let me know as well will travel to gether .

#8 YiriSS

YiriSS

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:52 PM

im going to be there , oil leaks or not

sickie as well

#9 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:14 PM

Dandenong Road (Princes Hwy)
There's a service lane just after Police Road, Springvale Road junction/intersection. I think this would be a good place to meet up as it's a long piece of road and off the main road.

(After the first set of traffic lights, purple dot)

Posted Image

Whenever the times are announced, I think 1 hr before would be enough time to meet, and convoy in together. (I think there will be a crowd unseen at Sandown for this, so at least an hour before)
A short 5-10 min slow drive to Dandenong Road entrance, lights on of course.

#10 makka

makka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:24 PM

sounds like a good idea, I cant get lost, I live just off dandy road!

#11 _wraith75_

_wraith75_
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:33 PM

It a plan i just had a look at the mellways i cant get lost but u wacth i will see u all there .

#12 _jklumpp_

_jklumpp_
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:34 PM

I was thinking of driving down there for the Funeral, but now I'm wondering if It'd be better to come down for this....

#13 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:57 PM

sounds good knoath, i think sandown will be packed.

#14 makka

makka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:01 PM

now I have just gotta tee up somewhere to keep the car for a couple of days, I dont want to park it on the street at my house.....

#15 _LHoon_

_LHoon_
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:27 PM

Sounds good. It would be great to attend to as a sign of respect and to check out all of the cars in attendance!!

I wonder if the police will target the modified cars driving to and from this event, like they have done for some of the previous Sandown events. I'd imagine that it would be a particularly sensitive issue on this occasion. Who knows, I might be pleasantly surprised by their response. Although I'd suggest that forum members be on their best behavour. :spoton:

#16 _Shevster_

_Shevster_
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2006 - 04:39 PM

now I have just gotta tee up somewhere to keep the car for a couple of days, I dont want to park it on the street at my house.....

If you are still needing a place to park your car next week, let me know, could fit it in the backyard here (balwyn). If ya get something in meantime, take that. :spoton:
This weekend is shaping up to be hectic for me (motoGP for one), so I can't organise anything until next week, plus need to know more details of this sandown thing.

#17 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 04:50 PM

Although I'd suggest that forum members be on their best behavour. :spoton:

Definatly no stupid stuff at all! Respect everyone! Thats what brocky would have said!

Cohen You are more than welcome to leave it at my house over the weekend, we can even go for a cruise some time!

#18 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:11 PM

I wonder if the police will target the modified cars driving to and from this event, like they have done for some of the previous Sandown events.

This is something I was thinking about. No doubt everyone will be on their best behaviour, but still, getting nicked for exhaust or something wouldn't be nice.

I'm going to have to check whether I can get work off, if I can, I'll be there. I'm torn between the two events, funeral or sandown.

#19 _73lj202_

_73lj202_
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:45 PM

I'll be there.

#20 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:34 PM

i agree with liam here hopefully this doesnt end like the ute muster (kids charity fundraiser yet over half of the cars got unroadworthies )

at the moment looks if i might be heading down looking forward to meet some of the forum members finally and see there cars shame for this event though

trying to con in the parentals my lj will make it to there from benders

#21 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 13 September 2006 - 01:26 AM

Looks like Deb and I will be making the effort to come out as well, in the Torana of course. (Sounds like it's going to be a record number of sickies).

Does anyone have any idea what will happen on the Friday? Will cars be let into Sandown like they do at car shows there, or will everyone just park outside in the carpark, and walk in and sit in the grandstand?? I'm not sure what to expect.... either way it doesn't matter because we will be there regardless.

As for the questions about the police potentially using this to hassle the modified car owners.... damn I sure hope it doesn't go that way. Surely no d*ckheads would be stupid enough to do burnouts or anything, thinking they're so cool and doing it for Brocky... hopefully everyone just behaves, and the police make sure there are no idiots causing trouble....

#22 _LX406_

_LX406_
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:29 AM

But......we all have seen how our brothers in later model holdens wearing P plates behave sometimes. Throw in a fair crowd, and emotion, we might see a disgusting display of innapropriate behaviour from the minority.

Some small minded people may believe a burnout on public roads would be a fitting tribute to Brocky.

#23 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:34 AM

If anyone wants to pay respects to the great man then they will keep it too the track, thats what he was all about...

John

#24 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 12:12 PM

^^^ Exactly right! ^^^ Brocky would be the first person to tell you that Burnouts arent not for the road! Leave it for the track!

As everyone else has said, it wont be us guys in toranas being stupid, it will be those young hoons in Commodores and P Plates who will think that ripping a skid is ok.

The cops will be there to control the crowds and make sure there is no silly business and im sure they will respect all the niec cars coming to pay their respect.

Are we all going to be wearing our GMH-Torana Shirts? What better way to wear our hearts on our sleeve and show the public how much pride we have in brocky and the racing history of the torana!

Torana - "To Fly" may brock be flying one upstairs now as we speak!

#25 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 12:28 PM

Hey Matty, I bet He's speaking to God right now....

"Hey God, these wings you've given me...they're a bit slow. Whatta ya reckon I take em away for a couple of days and sort them out? I'll take a bit off here, balance them, THEN I'll be flyin'!!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users