tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:08 AM

I've added it to the GMH-Torana page as well as a few other torana pages.

#52 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Car:1976 LX SL/R

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:28 AM

I've added it to the GMH-Torana page as well as a few other torana pages.

Shared!

s

#53 _V6 UC_

_V6 UC_
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

I also shared it the other day. Been keeping an eye in this thread. Sorry to hear mate you must be cut.

#54 sibhs

sibhs

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts
  • Name:Martin
  • Car:LJ Coupe S

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

Sorry to hear about your car Hayden. Maybe there should be more photos posted on this thread. The longer it stays missing the more chance we'll be looking out for parts. Good to see pics of engine, interior and any unusual mods that could help out. Best of luck. Marty

#55 _LXSS350_

_LXSS350_
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:08 PM

This thread may help if people are being sold some of Aydens parts. As Ayden says here ..... he spent around $130k or so. No doubt some of these parts will turn-up in torana land.

http://www.gmh-toran...ch/#entry752657

Hey Guys

Im toying with the idea on moving on my car to start something bigger and better. Now I have spoken to a few people in regards to price tag to put onto the car and a rough price im willing to take, it will just be interesting to see you you guys think.

Basic rundown

Engine Make: Holden        

Engine Capacity: 308ci

Pistons: Forged Sealed Power   

Rings: Speed Pro

Crankshaft: Standard

Heads: VN    

Headwork: Clean up and bowl job (nothing major)

Camshaft: Crane Solid Cam 280

Sump: ASR Hi Volume

Oil Pump: Standard

Carby: Demon 750 D/P

Inlet Manifold: Ceramic Coated Harrop Single Plane

Nitrous Oxide System: Not fitted yet NOS Sniper System

Exhaust Manifold: Pacemakers Cermanic coated      

Fuel Pump: Holley Blue Electric

Regulator: Holley

Fuel Tank: Custom New TorqueFab Drop Tank Strapless

Fuel Lines: Braided

Distributor: MSD Pro Billet                 

Coils: Master Blaster 3

Enhancement Unit: 6AL Ignition Box       

Exhaust Pipe Work: Custom Twin 2 ½  S/S dumped at the diff, hand polished with x pipe (do have mild steel extensions for legal reason)

Mufflers: Polished MagnaFlow

Radiator: PWR X Flow and Single Spal Thermo    

Water Pump: Electric CSR

Cooling Accessories: Single thermo

DRIVELINE:

Gearbox Type: Trimatic                        

Converter: 3000 High Stall 

Differential Type: 9 Inch

Axles: 31 Spline

Centre: LSD

Final Drive Ratio: 3.55

BRAKE SYSTEM

Front Rotors: 290mm        

Front Calipers: Twin Piston PBR       

Rear Rotors: 300mm         

Rear Calipers: Single Piston Camaro

Front and back are the hoppers stoppers kits

SUSPENSION

Front Shocks: Koni Red    

Front Springs: King Springs Lowered

Sway Bar: Whiteline

Bushes: Nolathane

Rear Shocks: Koni Red     

Rear Springs: King Springs Lowered

WHEELS & TYRES

Front Wheels: Intro Billets 17x7

Front Tyres: Maxxis 215/40r17

Rear Wheels: Intro Billets 17x10

Rear Tyres: Maxxis 275/40r17

Tyres white walled.

Also have a second set of more legal tyres haha which are Kuhmo KU31 

Rims are engineered for the car

EXTERIOR

Actual Paint Colour: Electric Orange and Sparkling Black

Panel Work By: Dave @ Gas 78 Industries

INTERIOR

Front Seats: Scheel Seats White Leather

Rear Seats: Standard Re Cushioned white leather

Door Trims: Custom Tribal Pattern white vinyl

Hood Lining:Tribal Pattern White Micro Suede

Steering Wheel: Billet Specialties Sniper Half Wrap

Shifter: B&M Quicksilver

Gauges: Autometer Ultra-Lite 

Other Accessories or Modifications: Custom Centre console and fully trimmed hatch area 

Front seats are engineered in the car aswell, also have the orignal front seats in the shed

AUDIO SYSTEM

Head Unit: Alpine DVD 7 Inch Touch Screen

Amplifier(s): Audison 4 channel

Front Speakers: Hertz Front Splits

Rear Speakers: Hertz 6x9

TV Screen(s): Alpine front

Necvox Slave Screen Rear  

Just to give you an idea the car has had over 130k spent on it, I never built the car to make money so I understand i will never get close to take before someone tells me.

The car is engineered and registered

At the last two shows it was shown at it took out Top 2 Door which were Gazzanats and MAX

If its not gonna get the money I would like for it I will just keep it and save for the next project haha

5_zps0664a1d5.jpg

6_zps53eb2c44.jpg

IMG_0839_zps9df5dfd8.png

harrop_zps88fcc83f.jpg

IMG_0846_zps0c6552c2.png

CIMG1365.jpg

The Build thread can be found here

http://www.gmh-toran...894-76-lx-hatch

Be kind guys haha

Ayden

Edited by LXSS350, 16 November 2013 - 10:12 PM.

#56 A9X

A9X

A fortunate run

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts
  • Name:Welby
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:13 PM

just wrong !!

#57 eyepeeler

eyepeeler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • Car:77 SL Hatchback, Chrome Yellow L34, LX IPRA Race Car the White Ghost

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:16 PM

What a beautiful car, such a low life act for someone to steal it.

#58 _LXSS350_

_LXSS350_
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:25 AM

It is gut wrenching to look at the pictures and think of the hard work that it must have taken to build. Then you realise that these scumbags are thrashing it around and treating it like sh#t. This is one of those few occasions where you hope the police have to use major brute force to arrest them. Nothing will ever make me feel sorry or forgiving for any thief. I despise these pitiful lowlifes. I

#59 _uctorry_

_uctorry_
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:08 AM

Yep it isn't right

The low life scum should be named and shamed

I know it get complicated

Hope it turns up for you mate

#60 _427matt_

_427matt_
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:23 PM

Dogs should be buried.

#61 RallyRed

RallyRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,841 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:36 PM

Keep checking on this hoping to see someone say thatit has turned up....but no.

Hope it works out mate

#62 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:48 AM

Nope, gone very quiet.....

The good thing is that it had some unusual bits on it so if someone does try to part it out, it will be more obvious than if it had a black interior and gold Simmons.

#63 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Car:1976 LX SL/R

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:01 PM

Nope, gone very quiet.....

The good thing is that it had some unusual bits on it so if someone does try to part it out, it will be more obvious than if it had a black interior and gold Simmons.

Yeah, that's if they try parting it out but it may be kept intact. I recall one of those cop shows where they raided a bikies warehouse, it was full of stolen goods he received from drug trading. He had a few stolen cars and bikes that had been stored there for many years.

He had more money and goods than he'd ever spend, just plain greedy!

s

#64 _LS1 Taxi_

_LS1 Taxi_
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:11 PM

Any word on this car?

I hope you had good insurance Ayden?  Have the cops been much help?

#65 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

Na sorry guys no good news to report just yet. Have a few leads but the people don't seem to like being contacted by police to tell them it's all just word on the street. And we just don't know what is the truth and what is just made up crap.
Car was insured but not for anywhere near what it cost to build, I believe I have said it before it's not the money it's the blood, sweat, tears, time and effort that I will never be able to replace.
My fingers are still crossed we find it in a decent or repairable condition but only time will tell. These people who took it will slip up soon enough.
I will defiantly build something new if my car can't be found or is destroyed because for me and my partner is something we loved doing just don't think I will be able to afford another hatch.
Thanks for all the support guys and please guys reconsider your security on your own cars
Ayden

#66 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

Thanks for the update Ayden.

Im one of the ones who has kept clicking on here seeing new posts hoping for a happy ending....

Honestly gutted for ya mate. 

#67 _Kevhaze_

_Kevhaze_
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:56 PM

Same I can't wait for some good news that it has be found safe and sound. I am still keeping an eye out for it

#68 _LXSS350_

_LXSS350_
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:38 AM

Ayden I hope you get it back - preferably in one piece. Stolen at 10am from a garage (no alarm on car/garage, immobiliser?) . For everyone's benefit on security what went wrong? Do you think it was someone you met or just random?

Not sure about anyone else but this stuff normally is a night activity. I remember when we where teenagers it was about 4am, the nightclubs had closed and we had just gone to bed, then out of the blue we heard a car start up and go screaming down the road.

My mate yelled out wow that sounded awesome, in his next breathe he says it actually sounds a lot like my car (monaro). That's when the "expletives flew like wildfire" as my mate and I ran to the garage - fluck the door fully open - car gone with rubber skidmarks sideways and the smell of fried tyres and clutch still in the air.

It was obvious they new the car and specifically picked the one garage among the 25 fully enclose secure roller doors (at mates unit on Mill St South Perth). Car was never found but we had a very good idea on who it was, but try as we did we just could never catch them with it. These two viewed the car when it was in the for sale section of the old sunday times (well well before internet, teller machines,cell phones, dna or even cd players etc). They new the layout and even the light switch as it was on.

You can't have too much security and you can't be cautious enough.

These types of lowlife useless dweebs simply don't have any respect or conscience and the only thing they understand is a steel cap boot at full swing right in the crown jewels and a bit of 4x2 across the head. Personally I would castrate them and drop them 1/2 way to Rottnest still bleeding then crack a few tinnies and watch while playing the Jaws theme song very loud so they could hear.

Sounds like a plan that should become "law of the land" for all car thieves.

Buy your own car you spineless leach.

#69 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:20 AM

Ayden I hope you get it back - preferably in one piece. Stolen at 10am from a garage (no alarm on car/garage, immobiliser?) . For everyone's benefit on security what went wrong? Do you think it was someone you met or just random?

Not sure about anyone else but this stuff normally is a night activity. I remember when we where teenagers it was about 4am, the nightclubs had closed and we had just gone to bed, then out of the blue we heard a car start up and go screaming down the road.

My mate yelled out wow that sounded awesome, in his next breathe he says it actually sounds a lot like my car (monaro). That's when the "expletives flew like wildfire" as my mate and I ran to the garage - fluck the door fully open - car gone with rubber skidmarks sideways and the smell of fried tyres and clutch still in the air.

It was obvious they new the car and specifically picked the one garage among the 25 fully enclose secure roller doors (at mates unit on Mill St South Perth). Car was never found but we had a very good idea on who it was, but try as we did we just could never catch them with it. These two viewed the car when it was in the for sale section of the old sunday times (well well before internet, teller machines,cell phones, dna or even cd players etc). They new the layout and even the light switch as it was on.

These types of lowlife useless dweebs simply don't have any respect or conscience and the only thing they understand is a steel cap boot at full swing right in the crown jewels and a bit of 4x2 across the head. Personally I would castrate them and drop them 1/2 way to Rottnest still bleeding then crack a few tinnies and watch while playing the Jaws theme song very loud so they could hear.

Don't hold back mate, just tell them what you really think. :spoton:  

#70 SP5000

SP5000

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Name:Steve
  • Car:LX SLR5000 (1983-1986)

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:11 AM

My thoughts exactly, in the last 30 years a mate of mine has had an L34, a Brock VH SS Group 3, and an HSV VS 5.7 GTS stolen, all of them never to be seen again, he will now never buy another performance car

#71 308 Sunbird

308 Sunbird

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • Name:Stuart
  • Car:SS Hatch, 308 Sunbird sedan-Improved Prod racer (sold), HZ Kingy wagon

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:41 AM

Sorry to hear there is no good news yet, we're all still hoping for you Ayden.

#72 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts
  • Name:Rob

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:43 AM

Many years ago a mates brother had his dads phase 3 stolen. His dad bought it new and when he passed away the mates brother was looking after it.

To get it they had to break into a WB statesman and move it, then an Astra and move it. Then break into the garage and take the HO.

All while the family was asleep.

Back then the HO was valued around 45-50k.

Fully insured and inspected by the insurance company as phase3 HO.

When it came time to claim the insurance company would only settle at market value for a Fairmont as thats what they were based on.

Last I heard a long time ago was that they had been fighting insurance company for 5 years.

Hope you get your car back.

Hope insurance looks after you if you need to claim.

#73 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:10 AM

Hey guys the police have asked me not to go into how the car was exactly taken the less people who know about how it was taken at the moment the better they have said.
But I think they either knew me or had been given the information from someone who knew me as not many people knew where the car was or how to start it.
All I can really say is they broke into a locked garage and the car itself which was locked. And got it going within 30 minutes of me leaving. They must have watched me as I only left to go to the gym and was back an hour and 15 minutes later.
Sorry I can't really go into how they got it started maybe down the track once it's found I can.
Ayden

#74 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:13 AM

Shannon's have seemed to be pretty good at the moment. So only time will tell if I actually need to use them. Hopefully not

#75 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,470 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:26 AM

My SS was stolen 26/1/89

Still not been recovered

Then a year later I had a another car stolen which was found burnt out

Truth is you probably won't want it back when they do recover it

But someones they come home safely

As did the green SLR I nearly bought years ago that was missing for 2 weeks then found undamaged

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users