What size Stall Convertor to use????

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#26 _V8Hatch_

_V8Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:42 PM

Bloody hell a 5500 what are the spec's of your engine and running gear to warant such a hi stally?

#27 _STEVO_

_STEVO_
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:53 PM

http://www.gmh-toran...opic=9641&st=45

#28 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 04:17 PM

My cousin in law had a 4500rpm dominator stall with 4.33 gears behind a 350 chev in an lj gtr,it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be to drive on the street but we use to worry about cooking the auto.

The stally barely slipped untill you nailed the throttle & then it would try flash to its stall rpm unless the tyres broke traction,was an eye opener to nail the throttle at 100km/hr on the freeway though.I only ever did that once.

#29 _[2_FLY]_

_[2_FLY]_
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2006 - 06:27 PM

hey mate mine is pretty much identical to your set up (well was before the accident)

I had a 286 with a stripmaster and 650 holley, a 3800 stall with trimatic and 3.5 ratio Borg Warner. On 18 inch street tyres went 12.65 at 109mph

Let us know how your set up goes!

#30 _V8Hatch_

_V8Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2006 - 07:27 PM

I had a look at that link STEVO, now i can see why.

2 FLY, It is very much the same setup as yours, when I finally get there i will let you know how it goes but before then i'll be back here telling you all what i think of it just driving it on the road.

#31 _STEVO_

_STEVO_
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2006 - 08:54 PM

i know what you will think (farkin awsome) :spoton:

#32 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 01:07 AM

It was good fun driving a car that could light up the rears at over 100 & keep going but it wasn't my car so I backed it off.

Was more awsome on the way back home being in the car behind it & see it do the same thing a few more times on the rev limiter,that was untill my cousin in law busted both of the engine mounts.

There is a huge difference between a good quality convertor & a cheap one.I never thought such a big convertor would work that well on the street,it was better than the cheapo 2500 stally we put in my cousin's 360 charger,that would practically slip all the way untill it locked.

#33 _V8Hatch_

_V8Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2006 - 05:52 PM

Finally got the auto in and took it for it's first run today, WOW it's an animal i can't beleive the difference it has made, i love it.

the only thing left to do is hook up the vacum hose for the kick down, with this not connected could it stop the auto from changing up into first then third?

#34 _timbotorrie_

_timbotorrie_
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2006 - 08:56 AM

i could have sold you my stall converter i just pulled out of my powerglide!, it would have slipped straight into the trimatic and stalled around 3300.

i have to go bigger in my combo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users