207 replies to this topic

#76 LhMusL

LhMusL

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 05:52 PM

OK then, so is it really that bad without boot springs???

#77 _Lamo_

_Lamo_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2009 - 05:56 PM

You could always put in some struts for the boot lid.

#78 _Squarepants_

_Squarepants_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:08 PM

At least you can get a new nose cone painted in the right colour now. I know you liked the old one being a different colour, but I didn't. Thin white walls look good, 15's are always better than 13's IMO, and hubs or not is up to you, I reckon it's sweet either way. Pumped up air shocks also look better IMO.
The white sun visor defiately need a white roof to match, otherwise paint it red. Venitians are awesome!
I really like what you're doing with this car, I hope you can fix it and continue with what you were planning.
You've inspired me for my next project (whatever that may be...) :spoton:
Nice work dude!!!

#79 LhMusL

LhMusL

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:36 PM

Was just thinking of a strut setup Lamo!
Cheers Squarepants, yeah will get it painted oneday! and a white roof is on the cards :)
Hey Pete i guess a more important issue with the tank is if it is a 4 or 3 access hole tank? Because i wantto run 2 true lines and i believe on the 4 hole tanks you just added a combination/Dueo (T peice) on the "Relief Valve" hole (so it acted as a relief valve and a second line), so you could have twin true lines????
But on the new tanks they only have 3 holes and run one of themwith a T peice std????????
So i hope one of these A86 or A90 have the 4 hole setup, coz i don't want to run no fuel gauge to have the 2 line setup!!!!

Its all a bit confusing coz i was reading that one 5/16 or 8mm line is ok but its the 3mm oriface in the lock offs thats the restriction to flow above 220rwkw. So would the ideal be a 4 hole tank with 1.Fill 2.gauge 3.relief valve/2nd outlet line 4.Primary outlet, with the out lets each going to there own lock off(heard you can get larger 4mm ones?? (VH 30's?? increase flow by36%)??? Or was it 2 lock off's per out let!!

Been reading all this on Vl Turbo sites where they are going for 400rwkw+ etc. with GRA setup's.....

Edited by LhMusL, 09 May 2009 - 07:38 PM.

#80 Peter UC

Peter UC

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 04:34 PM

By the sounds of it you will have to get a special tank unless it is an old tank. All standard tanks now have the 3 flange valve pad as you have said. You can still get the 4 hole valve pad, but it has to be ordered specially, at the same time you can order twin service valves if you so desire. As far as flow rates of our service valves is concerned, the service valve flows around 4 to 5 litres of LPG a minute. We currently have our CEO's car at 240rwkw (FPV F6) but I believe it is coming to the end of its flow potential. On a side note if you order a special tank specify a double layered filter on the service valve rather than a single layered filter. We have found through testing that the single layered filters can have problems with flow. This occurs as the filter sucks up an covers the pick-up tube hole, this doesn't always occur but it can. All toroidal tanks and OE tanks have the doubled layered filters and do not have this problem.

Also we fit the twin service valves in by putting the AFL (automatic fill limiter) in where the pressure relief valve (PRV) is located, ie. a screw in fit, then we can fit another service valve where the AFL was located. The reason for the small holes in the service valve is to ensure that the solenoid can open the plunger against the pressure of the tank.

Hope that answers a few of your questions

Ollie I stand corrected that is definatly a A90.

Edited by Peter UC, 10 May 2009 - 04:35 PM.

#81 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:31 AM

Hey Luke,

So are you going the TechnoCarb setup? Gary (Guns N Roses) is running this on his Torry, he bought the whole set-up from a gas place in Warragul? or some place up that way.. Then he just fitted it himself! Man they look horn though!

Thats kinda good news about not needing the VIV thing! You can just go nuts and get the car fixed!

Let me know if you need a hand with stuff, probably cant help for a few weeks though, until i get the stuff i want to do done on the house.

#82 LhMusL

LhMusL

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:59 PM

Cheers thanks Mate, you might just get a call Lol we will see how it all pans out.
So i guess the main question is gonna be how long would it take to get a special order A90(4 flange) with twin line setup and doulbe layer filters???

#83 _@milco@_

_@milco@_
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:43 PM

So are you going the TechnoCarb setup? Gary (Guns N Roses) is running this on his Torry, he bought the whole set-up from a gas place in Warragul? or some place up that way.. Then he just fitted it himself! Man they look horn though!

hey can you find out the name of the place he got the techno carb from? i am very interested in doing this to me lx

#84 Peter UC

Peter UC

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:48 PM

I'll find out an approximate lead time tommorow

#85 Peter UC

Peter UC

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:06 PM

Approx 2 weeks

#86 LhMusL

LhMusL

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:36 PM

I think thats do-able, as the car isn't on the list yet, should i order it through you Pete or through Swift?????
PM me you details if you like :)

#87 _torana_umunga74_

_torana_umunga74_
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:13 PM

do a vinyl roof... DO IT! i jus ripped one off my mini but it looked sweeeeet

#88 Peter UC

Peter UC

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:57 PM

You can't order direct from APA unfortunatly so order it through you installer or order it through Global Autogas who is one of our distributers and are actually the owned by the same parent comapny (AFI) as APA.

#89 LhMusL

LhMusL

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:13 PM

Cool Swift are going to order one now, hopefully it won't take to long, is there an extra cost in getting the special tank made up with twin outlets + double layer filters???

#90 Peter UC

Peter UC

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:24 PM

Unfortunaly yes as there are extra parts plus extra work associated with the special tank. I have no idea how much more though.

#91 _ultrabluea9x_

_ultrabluea9x_
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:31 PM

firing up in the next few days ,brakes all completed and bleed ....

#92 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 03:01 PM

finished yet?

#93 LhMusL

LhMusL

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:41 PM

Needs new tail shaft with big F^&*k off yoke to suit big ass mother on new diff, should be ready tomorrow.
But now the problem is she isn't firing!!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrr
Spark- check
Fuel - Pooling in base of redline single plane manifold, same outcome with different carbs. Would love a torque power but not sure if the manifold is the problem.
Cam timing is next to be checked.........

All my lovely cam lube is being wiped off from to much cranking, might need to take off manifold and re-lube. (need more lube to much cranking lol)

#94 LhMusL

LhMusL

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:12 PM

Ok found the problem, cam locating pin thingy??? broke in half so crank was turning etc and the cam was doing as it pleased!
So hopefully it will come out when we drop the sump or is in the timing cover etc. as would prefer not to pull engine out to get sump off to find the little bugger.
Prob shouldn't run the engine with that bit floating around hey???
At least we know what the problem was!!!!!!

#95 Peter UC

Peter UC

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:47 PM

Good to here Luke, I noticed your tank Special form at work about 3 weeks ago, so I would say your installer should have it already

#96 LhMusL

LhMusL

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:49 PM

Yeah mate they have the tank now, just gotta get the car running and get it to them!!!!!
It was the cam shaft dowel pin that broke, is there any reason why this would have happened?????
Didn't come out when the oil was dropped and its not in the timing cover, getting a fibre optic scope thingy to hopfully locate it with, so we don't have to pull the engine....

#97 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts
  • Name:Rob

Posted 17 June 2009 - 06:39 PM

Maybe get a strong magnet and move it around the outside of the sump. Or a magnet on a flex and sweep the inside of the sump.

#98 LhMusL

LhMusL

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:28 AM

No luck with magnets or camera on fiber optic light, looks like the engine is coming out so we can get the sump off and have a proper look and locate this little bastard!!

#99 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:34 AM

You have all the good luck don't you luke! HAHA

#100 LhMusL

LhMusL

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:55 AM

HAAAA ZAAA!!
Just got a msg from UltraBlueA9x (Glen)
Ol Vacum cleaner over the dip stick tube got the sucker out!!!!!!!! Some luck at last hey Matty :P
Might be drivable this weekend :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users