Spacers Converting UC stud to Commo

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2006 - 04:31 PM

In VIC they are legal and probably don't have to be centre bore located. The national guidelines states that they would have to be centre bore located. I have seen some that aren't. I personally would spend money on upgrading the brakes and changing the stud pattern that way. Unless you wanted to change from Ford to HQ. As the centre bore is the same ( 71.5 MM ) and the offset similar ( Ford +6, HQ + 13), simply get blank discs, drums and axles and get them studded accordingly.

thats where its a bit cloudy chopper, is an adaptor also a spacer?

Unless an adaptor has a zero thickness, then it also acts as a spacer.

From The Australian Oxford Paperback Dictionary, second edition page 8.

adaptor n. 1. a device that connects pieces of equipment that were not originally designed to be connected.

A spacer simply moves the wheel out further from the hub.

I can see the difference.

#27 _torana_

_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2006 - 04:45 PM

I definately agree chopper. If you want hq or commodore pattern rims , do youself a favour and upgrade your discs brakes / drums etc. It will be worth it in the long run.

#28 _LX_SSnatch_

_LX_SSnatch_
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:19 PM

Guy

The fuss is not needed really and i was just wonderin as to wat u's reckon and as for the front im only going to be runnin 17'x7 and 17'x8 on back

As for the conversion to Commo, its way to involved and $$$ and as for the cops, it doesnt matter if there legal or not im going to be using them

Any more opinions would be very welcome

Cheers Fella's
LX_SSnatch

#29 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:29 PM

In that case just get a pair of 15MM thick adapters and use them. And don't go too wide on the tyres.

#30 _lxtorrie_

_lxtorrie_
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2006 - 10:15 AM

Where can you go buy these spacers off shelf? Dont like the idea of getting them off egay as im sure there are some 'replicas' out there that will be even more dodgy.

#31 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2006 - 12:14 PM

I first saw them at The Tyre Factory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users