- - - - -

My LC 2door

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#76 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2008 - 06:55 PM

is it really lowered 2 inches ??? should make it 4 !

#77 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:56 PM

Posted Image

here is a bit better pic from a recent cruise

#78 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:39 AM

got my car booked in for paint and pannel in a couple of weeks. cant wait. should look sh*t hot when its finished. still tinkering with my new dash panels and redoing my boot

#79 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:14 PM

thought id post up some pictures of the progress of my new lower dash pannel. as requested by a member who helped me out with the part (ill let them say how they are if they wish)
Attached File  DSC00056.JPG   1.45MB   40 downloads
Attached File  DSC00057.JPG   1.28MB   42 downloads
im going to fibreglass the lower pannel smooth with the lip and remove the choke and ciggy lighter. ive also got a empty gtr cluster that another member helped me with that im going to smooth the same and then fill with autometer gauges.

#80 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:31 PM

does anyone know how to get my early pictures to work? i just logged into photobuck but not sure how to activate it again

#81 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:29 PM

Thsi months street machine has a silver 4 door with a very similar lower dash (late model commodore switches smoothed dash etc.)

#82 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:56 PM

Thsi months street machine has a silver 4 door with a very similar lower dash (late model commodore switches smoothed dash etc.)

yeah i seen that. i already have the commodore switch in mine but it isnt done well. just stuck there by the previous owner. so i got a new lower dash (ask rim how long ago i got it off him) and im doing it properly. his looks really good but mine is going to different

Edited by dickiep, 06 November 2009 - 04:57 PM.

#83 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:16 PM

just got back from the painters. got good news and bad news. car is ready to paint friday but the soda blaster has ruined my bonnet. so i need a new bonnet (see wanted thread). pretty pissed off cause my bonnet was perfect!

anyway pics
Attached File  DSC00060.JPG   1.31MB   93 downloads
Attached File  DSC00061.JPG   1.49MB   69 downloads

#84 _billywest_

_billywest_
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2009 - 08:26 PM

just got back from the painters. got good news and bad news. car is ready to paint friday but the soda blaster has ruined my bonnet. so i need a new bonnet (see wanted thread). pretty pissed off cause my bonnet was perfect!

anyway pics

hi dickiep cars lookin good hey have you checked ebay there is a coupe on there ok cheers billywest

#85 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:17 PM

anyway pics

hi dickiep cars lookin good hey have you checked ebay there is a coupe on there ok cheers billywest

hey billywest, the first thing i did after placing a wanted section add was jump on ebay. only prob is that the bonnets are interstate. would like one locally so can get it painted friday and back next week. fingers crossed!

#86 _billywest_

_billywest_
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:22 PM

anyway pics

hey billywest, the first thing i did after placing a wanted section add was jump on ebay. only prob is that the bonnets are interstate. would like one locally so can get it painted friday and back next week. fingers crossed!

yeah i understand dickiep there all in bloody victoria i noticed later on unless i think you want one with bonnet pins, that ones cheap if thats your style BUGGER THAT IT,S NOT ME cheers billywest

#87 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:48 PM

nah bonnet pins are not for me, i like the smooth clean look. one of the sa boys says he has a few and a wrecker down the road from the pannel beater has a straight one. depends what they want to pay etc!

#88 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:45 PM

ive had a couple of updates to the car. ive been working on some 15's gtr mock up wheels. here is a few trial fitments.

fitted
Posted Image
Posted Image

next to my 13's
Posted Image

next to my 16's
Posted Image

#89 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:15 PM

How is that dash piece turning out?

Doing a similar thing on my lc with the wheels except I'm using 14 inch vk rims.

#90 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2010 - 12:38 AM

How is that dash piece turning out?

Doing a similar thing on my lc with the wheels except I'm using 14 inch vk rims.

the dash is going well. just going to smooth it oit with fibre glass and paint it on the weekend. ill update pics when its not a horrid ugly mess! thanks again for that mate

#91 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 02:13 PM

No worries,just glad you got it instead of throwing it out.

#92 _LCG77R_

_LCG77R_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:27 AM

love those 15" mock ups!
what rim you use for those?
are they torana stud pattern?

#93 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:33 AM

Are they just Volvo ceptors? Look good like that. Are the centre caps RareSpares units?

#94 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:37 AM

love those 15" mock ups!
what rim you use for those?
are they torana stud pattern?

they are focus stockies 15x6 and have 5x108 stud pattern which is same as torana. the offset is wrong for the front so i need to get new hoops put on them. not sure if ill change the offset for the back, i need to get a quote.

heath, they are rare spares centre caps, no need to pay 300 bucks for genuine second hand xu1 centre caps. the rare spare ones suit my use better, cheaper and NEW!

Edited by dickiep, 19 March 2010 - 10:38 AM.

#95 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:07 PM

as promise gtrboyy.

here is what i started with

Posted Image

fixed with commodore switches

Posted Image

unused holes blanked off

image removed

swiss cheese, to allow the bog to bond properly

imaged removed

bogged

Posted Image

now only a million hours of sanding then PAINT!

Edited by dickiep, 19 March 2010 - 01:20 PM.

#96 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:29 PM

edit stupid photbucket is playing up!

Edited by dickiep, 19 March 2010 - 01:29 PM.

#97 lxsstorana

lxsstorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts
  • Name:Mick
  • Car:SS Hatchback

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:48 PM

Enjoy the sanding (which I hate by the way).

Nice job on the dash but I would have just ground off the surrounds that you weren't using and just filled in the holes. That way you keep the recess in the dash and have alot less sanding but abit late now. Doesn't matter as it will turn out fine.

#98 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:03 PM

yeah i sanded back the ridge around the edge of the pannel but had to do a coat across the whole lot to get the smooth look. but yeah there will be a bit sanding

#99 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:10 PM

Is that a chrome trim lip or is the rim actually chromed in that area? Didn't know that Focus had the same stud pattern. And yeah I would never buy the genuine centrecaps, but I still kinda feel that the Rares ones are overpriced.

#100 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:55 PM

I've got about 5 of those centre caps that I found over the years,have to modify them to suit the commo stud pattern I have.

Not sure if I should leave the vk rims standard(14x6) or get them widened for big rubber as the gtr is mini tubbed,maybe even get em' made into 15's.

Chose the vk rims as they look more like a torrie rim.

Edited by gtrboyy, 19 March 2010 - 08:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users