- - - - -

My LC 2door

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#101 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:02 PM

Is that a chrome trim lip or is the rim actually chromed in that area? Didn't know that Focus had the same stud pattern. And yeah I would never buy the genuine centrecaps, but I still kinda feel that the Rares ones are overpriced.

nah they are universal steel trims in 15's, cause the focus has hubcaps they fit perfectly.

gtrboyy you need to modify them to get big rubber under the arse. people will look from the back and see a huge footprint then walk round the side and see gtr stockies! how cool is that!

#102 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:48 AM

Ok cool, cheers

#103 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 07:15 PM

Yeah was thinking something like a 265/50/14 wide tyre,just enough to look fat & be able to tuck the tyre in..looks a bit odd with the tubs/coil-overs & only a 185 wide tyre lol.

Used to have 225/65/14 on widened monaro rims when it was a six,tyres were crap & it had no traction.

Where did you get the wheeltrims & price?

#104 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:17 PM

Yeah was thinking something like a 265/50/14 wide tyre,just enough to look fat & be able to tuck the tyre in..looks a bit odd with the tubs/coil-overs & only a 185 wide tyre lol.

Used to have 225/65/14 on widened monaro rims when it was a six,tyres were crap & it had no traction.

Where did you get the wheeltrims & price?

yeah 265 will look awesome. im going to run 225's on the back which is plenty for my red 6. if only i had traction issues with them!!!

i went to autobahn and the wheel trims were $25 each, so i went to the local independent auto part store and they were $70. they are really nice ones too. ill get the company that manufactures them off the box if your interested.

#105 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:00 PM

Yeah mate that would be good to find out the brand.

With 2-3 passengers in the back you might find that those 225's may rub a little on the driver's side,paint the inside black & you'll see where it rubs after a drive.

#106 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:12 PM

Yeah mate that would be good to find out the brand.

With 2-3 passengers in the back you might find that those 225's may rub a little on the driver's side,paint the inside black & you'll see where it rubs after a drive.

the brand is bodyline melbourne. maybe google them? i have 225 on the back now on my 16's without any issues, but i dont take many passengers cause of this

Posted Image

#107 _micko 1980_

_micko 1980_
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:52 PM

Hey mate your car looks great,

just wanted to know is the back seat wb aswell or is it something else?
did it take much modifuying to get it in?
Cheers Micko

#108 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:56 PM

Hey mate your car looks great,

just wanted to know is the back seat wb aswell or is it something else?
did it take much modifuying to get it in?
Cheers Micko

im not 100% sure as it was done by a trimer (claudes trim in adel). it looks custom made to suit the fronts. sorry i dont knpow more!

ill have a look

#109 _micko 1980_

_micko 1980_
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:21 PM

If you could find out mate that would be great as I cant stand the springyness
of the original.
Not that I ever have to sit in the back anyway.

#110 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:05 AM

first sanding of the dash turned out ok.
Posted Image

ive since done another skim coat to fill in the stuff i missed first time round.

Next to get the treatment is this gtr cluster, its been restored (possibly NOS) and im going to cut it up and put autometer gauges in it. Seems a bit of a waste but its the only one i could find that wasnt crazy priced and didnt have gauges already in it
Posted Image

#111 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:50 AM

ok ive decided to do 16" gtr wheels instead of 15's. that way i can use the tyres i already have.

so im looking for some ford mondeo stock steel 16" rims without tyres if anyone can help. might need to sell my 15" steel trims and buy 16's.

should look like a print i have http://stompshop.com...products_id=946
stompshop is an amazing product

need to update the dash progress too with photos

#112 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2010 - 01:41 PM

If you could find out mate that would be great as I cant stand the springyness
of the original.
Not that I ever have to sit in the back anyway.

i had a look and the seats are mounted with bars that go through behind the seat and bolt onto a block of steel, to spread the load i guess. sorry i forgot to look at that for you.

i found some venetian blinds at a wrecker from a xf wagon. im going to cut them down to fit the lc back window. heath requested that i show my progress

here are the blinds

Attached File  019.JPG   1.06MB   16 downloads

here is a template i made of the back window

Attached File  018.JPG   929.5K   21 downloads

here is the template on the venetians. looks like i need to cut of the bottom 3 and it should fit. not bad for $24 (including both wagon side venetians!!)

Attached File  020.JPG   961.82K   10 downloads

#113 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:49 PM

some progress.

here is the blind cut down. just cut the bottom 3 blinds off so it would fit. going to use the tabs from the side venetians that will be fitted to the window then screwed to the blind.

need to modify the bottom couple of blinds so it fits
Attached File  IMG_0023.JPG   1.25MB   29 downloads

#114 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:59 PM

Nice mate!!

One day I'll get some for my lc for the granny effect lol.

#115 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:37 PM

Nice mate!!

One day I'll get some for my lc for the granny effect lol.

yeah should look stock granny with venetians and 16 gtr wheels, or not

#116 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:15 AM

Nice mate looks good! :rockon: I just put some white ones in mine!

Ben

#117 _Phantom10_

_Phantom10_
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:25 PM

yea man, looks great in black.. mine are white, tho i have a white roof lol. dads got the outside plastiky ones on his, and they dont look to bad either.

#118 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:20 PM

I'll see how they look black when I fit them but probably go white.

Just need to trim he bottom couple to fit and put a slight bend to suit the contour of the glass.

Going to place it on something then Bend over It but making sure it has stops so I can't flex to breaking point.

#119 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:50 PM

hi dickiep, gong here mate,,, you do know that you could have just used a standed dash and cut the extra holes in it, next time you look at one on the back thay have the parts there to be cut, once you see one you will know what the hell im talking about, your car looks really nice to mate, well done.

cheers gong

#120 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:11 PM

hi dickiep, gong here mate,,, you do know that you could have just used a standed dash and cut the extra holes in it, next time you look at one on the back thay have the parts there to be cut, once you see one you will know what the hell im talking about, your car looks really nice to mate, well done.

cheers gong

thanks for that gong, really appreciate the comment as im a BIG fan of your work!!! I havent cut the dash up yet so i might have to find a standard one instead and sell the xu1 one to someone who needs it for a restore. Its probably too mint to cut anyway. lucky i work 2 jobs and never have time to work on the torrie i guess!

Edited by dickiep, 16 June 2010 - 10:12 PM.

#121 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:16 AM

Yeah there are little "rings" where the extra gauges would be on a standard dash.

seem you are customising it anyway, grab a standard one and go wild with the holesaw and some PVC pipe (for the bezels)

#122 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:14 PM

Yeah there are little "rings" where the extra gauges would be on a standard dash.

seem you are customising it anyway, grab a standard one and go wild with the holesaw and some PVC pipe (for the bezels)

will do. anyone interested in a mint (possibly NOS) gtr dash with gauges

#123 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:24 PM

here is the boot install i finished ages ago but never updated. i can post build shots if anyone is interested. tell me what you think

Posted Image

#124 _billywest_

_billywest_
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:10 AM

here is the boot install i finished ages ago but never updated. i can post build shots if anyone is interested. tell me what you think

Posted Image

nice dickiep nice di you get a centre emblem for your grill cheers billywest

#125 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2010 - 11:27 AM

hey billywest. ive got a badge but not the logo. my mate is designing a logo for me then ill make it into a sticker. otherwise ill get the rare spares repo one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users