Photo

Forum Shirts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
233 replies to this topic

Poll: Do we want "gmh-torana.com" Embroidered on the backs of the shirts? (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Do we want "gmh-torana.com" Embroidered on the backs of the shirts?

1. YES (16 votes [53.33%])

Percentage of vote: 53.33%

2. NO (8 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

3. ONLY IF IT DOEST RAISE THE COST MUCH (6 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote

#226 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 07:04 AM

It's laughable isn't it?
C'mon people, if you don't want one ... no dramas.
If you do, place your name, no. of shirts and size required in the new thread and we'll get some numbers up over the next week or two.
Ta

#227 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:37 AM

253toranaSS Posted on Jan 23 2006, 07:43 AM
  Better change my name to 253Torana, i wouldnt want people thinking that i am better than them by having SS on there! 

HAHAHAHAHAHA My point exactly 253toranaSS..

Iv placed an order I just hope they have my size..

John

#228 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:18 AM

Holy shit... You people are crazy....

Firstly Pete: You said: For the t-shirts my personal taste is to leave the badges off as i prefer the look of it without it..................as well as the fact when the day comes that i'm wearing the shirt people will come up to me and ask "so do you own a GTR,XU1,SLR 5000,SS ???", a sheepish grin will come over me and i'll reply......"um, no i only own an LX base model S that once was a four cylinder manual and is now a 6cyl auto that is still slow"....

Mate, My first car was an SL, a poo brown ( bronze.. LOL) 202 4 door with allll the options as it was an ex demonstator... I bastardised it with my mods.. people thought it was a V8! I walways dreamed of owning an SL/R5000... thing is.. i knew so little about them i would never have realised there was such a thing as a replica!

People still thought i was a bogan (maybe i am.. I dunno)...but hey.. i had my torry... and i loved it... so bguck em!

Knoath: You said:
OMFG!!!
What have I done? I've turned all you faithfull against eachother!!
I can't beleive how passionate the people on this forum are....(that, I applaud) and I'd HATE to go clothes shopping with ANY of you!
Man..... it's a shirt FFS!

Mate.. my thoughts exactly!!!

Maybe i should step down as an admin of the site? and go and devote my time to the monaro forum or something.... seeing as i dont even OWN a torana.

Simone can stay though... she owns one...

#229 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:49 AM

:nada:

#230 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:55 AM

Just some thought's I wanted to share with you guys:

I dont mind the badges on the T-Shirt. I do prefer images over badges though, that's just me. I think an image or Silouette would have generalized the gmh-torana.com better. I would not have used the badges on the website/forums banner as it may give the impression to some potential new-comers with 6 cyl SL's that maybe they don't belong.

But if it were to have ANY badges, I would NOT wear SL or UC Torana. It WAS the SLR5000, A9X and XU1 that changed the course of holdens racing history, something I'm very proud of. It's also these names amd symbols that people hold in their minds with nostalgia.

TORANASS (and reading the Forums) taught me many years ago that I can BUILD an SLR5000.

I Own 4 SL's, one of which I am re-building into the equivalent of an L34, with some improvements, now why would I do that?
Also the majority of SLR5000 replica owners use the warpaint (SLR5000 decals), why do they do that?
SL Hatch owners that slap V8's into them and plaster SS badges on them, why do they do that?

However, I can relate to the arguement, because it shits me when I'm told that my replica is shit coz its not a genuine, and it's even worse when its coming from or even being implied by an owner of a geniune SLR5000 etc. These people I find are insecure and only wish to further increase the value of their cars and fear the fact that there is no physical difference between the replica and the genuine and even worse, if the replica out-performs the genuine. Or maybe they've just got little dick syndrome. But this has nothing to do with the shirt.

Conversely, It's dumb to say that you wouldn't swap your $2000 valued UC for a $10,000 SLR5000 because even if the UC is your choice then you could sell the SLR, make an $8000 profit after buying back another $2000 UC.

Not everyone's personal goal is to own a genuine performance/sport model.
For the same reason I wouldn't own a gold watch, I would not own an expensive "genuine" over a replica. If I were given one, I would sell it and try to spend the money wisely. But that's just me, I enjoy building things and making them go, so I wanna build a wild torana.

My understanding is that the SLR5000 is a 308 high performance version of the SL in its day, with improvements made in all its running gear, It was a champion on the track. The A9X, not being your standard V8 SL also was given some significant upgrades much like the 'giant killer' XU1, not your average family LJ or LC. These are models that stand out and are the pride and power of the Torana legend of the 70's, so like I said "I dont mind the badges on the T-Shirt".

#231 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2006 - 11:01 AM

Well rick I cant beleive it but You actualy understood my argument.. Well said mate..

And Tine if you ever left these forums it would fizle into shit very rapidly.
Mate if you leave Ill leave..

John

#232 _Swampy_

_Swampy_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2006 - 11:14 AM

Conversely, It's dumb to say that you wouldn't swap your $2000 valued UC for a $10,000 SLR5000 because even if the UC is your choice then you could sell the SLR, make an $8000 profit after buying back another $2000 UC.

On a purely financial terms it makes sense. However, my UC is not worth $2000. I doubt I coould buy an SLR, even if I could, I wouldn't. I have no desire to own one. None at all. It is not circumstances or financial position. I just do not want one. Understand?

#233 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 11:42 AM

Whatever everybody's personal choice is, it's personal.
Please check the Forum Shirts Oder thread and let me know what you want.
It's moving quite quickly now, so jump on board..

#234 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:21 PM

This thread will be closed if the arguements continue. (Closing anyway) :)

Seems the shirt has been decided, if you want to have your own GMH Torana shirt please voice/type this in the other thread as to the amount you require.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users