Photo

Forum Shirts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
233 replies to this topic

Poll: Do we want "gmh-torana.com" Embroidered on the backs of the shirts? (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Do we want "gmh-torana.com" Embroidered on the backs of the shirts?

1. YES (16 votes [53.33%])

Percentage of vote: 53.33%

2. NO (8 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

3. ONLY IF IT DOEST RAISE THE COST MUCH (6 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote

#176 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:20 AM

Herne: Point taken mate, Sofar it looks like there is a clear majority who like the badges on the sleeve though!

As others have said previously, Its not about leaving a class of vehicle out, its about promoting the well known, desirable racing heritage of the Torana that we all love so much.

I dont know of anyone who owns an S or SL that wouldnt swap it for an XU1, GTR, SS or A9x ( to name a few). Its not about elitism at all, its about our racing heritage.

Do we want to see the "S" and "SL" badges on there too? are there then other badges that weve forgotten.

Unfortuantely at this stage, the badges seem to be by far the most popular! I'm happy to buy a few shirts regardless of whats printed on them.. to me the gmh-torana.com is the most important component of the shirt!

I'm going to close this poll over the weekend.. and put up another relating to wether we should put the website on teh back or not. Personally i think we should! ( Why not!?) This would of course depend on cost...

I think if we were able to go to companies next week with the design chosen above and the following questions we could then decide on exactly what the majority woeuld like.

1) Price for shirt design
2) option price for back embroidery
3) option price for badges ( or no badges which ever is chosen).

That way we can get the most cost effective shirts, that looks the best.

Sorry for the essay!

#177 ToRunYa

ToRunYa

No Longer A Contributing Ninja/Member.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Name:Em

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:24 AM

I dont know of anyone who owns an S or SL that wouldnt swap it for an XU1, GTR, SS or A9x ( to name a few). Its not about elitism at all, its about our racing heritage.

actally as sad as it sounds, i most likley wouldn't. Too attached to the old biatch!

#178 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:35 AM

I KNEW there would be one! :fool:

But you know what i MEAN......

LOL

#179 ToRunYa

ToRunYa

No Longer A Contributing Ninja/Member.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Name:Em

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:39 AM

hehe only playin with ya, but yes i would buy a A9X or GTR (XU-1 been there... wrecked that) if the opportunity arose

#180 _Loki_

_Loki_
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2006 - 02:58 PM

Just a thought.  Orders may depend on what is printed on the shirts or more importantly what is not :)

I made my feelings clear, the plainer the better (my thoughts only) I for one do not like the XU1 SL/R etc as it does not cover all models of Torana and I dont want to promote/wear something that clearly leaves a class of vehicle out.

Of course I am only one vote of maybe a few hundred.

Cheers
Herne

:blink:
Who cares whether you own an A9X, SL/R, XU1 etc.
There are simply hundreds of S or SL's that are mock-up/replica L31/34 SL/R 5000 etc's. that look just as good as each other or restored original ones, whereby you could only tell genuine from mock-up by the plates.

This kind of irrational thinking astounds me.

Edited by Loki, 21 January 2006 - 02:59 PM.

#181 _postal_dood_

_postal_dood_
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2006 - 04:29 PM

lol... well, its been said b4, the shirts are to premote gmhtorana not ur car.

if u want 1 with ur car on it. go get it printed.

#182 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 07:50 PM

Looks like Style 1 with the badges on teh arm is a runaway winner!!

I'm now going to add a new poll to see wether we would like the back's done or not.

By monday we should be able to go to the printers and get some prices! Well done everyone!

#183 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 January 2006 - 08:16 PM

YES  [ 1 ]  [33.33%]
NO  [ 1 ]  [33.33%]
ONLY IF IT DOEST RAISE THE COST MUCH  [ 1 ]  [33.33%]

Well that makes for an easy decision :P

Edited by Heath, 21 January 2006 - 08:16 PM.

#184 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 08:23 PM

hahahah... TYPICAL!

I KNEW i shoudla just left it at YES or NO....

LOL

I'd like the guys to get an option price on that, cause if it does bump the price of the shirt up too far then it wouldnt be worth it.

We want to have these accesible for everyone on here!

Cheers.

#185 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 21 January 2006 - 09:22 PM

farking hell, to bad if anyone wanted to see or even vote on the shirts since it has been changed yet again.

When making NEW polls can we please make a NEW thread instead of editing the same thread.

While I'm on my soapbox, I dont like the "To Fly" bit.

#186 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 January 2006 - 12:09 AM

Sorry to be rude, but they were up there for a while. It was just that people buried this thread.

#187 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2006 - 01:17 AM

Tell me about it tinks. I dont look at this thread for a little and its jumped 4 to 5 pages.. At least i got a vote and looks like the shirt i picked is getting printed..

I havnt seen for sale any clothes item with the badges on it, none what so ever.
I actualy got my own cap made with SS on it.. Im so glad we are doing the badges..

John

#188 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 11:24 AM

Sorry tinks... the top shirt ( with the badges on the arm) was 75% of the votes... thats why i closed the poll.

#189 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 11:29 AM

Posted Image

was the winner....

#190 _Swampy_

_Swampy_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2006 - 12:13 PM

You do now.... :

Gees, 2 days with a dead computer and you voted on the design already! I take it no. 1 won?

#191 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2006 - 12:23 PM

You do now.... :

Gees, 2 days with a dead computer and you voted on the design already! I take it no. 1 won?

I woulnd't swap my SL for a GTR or XU-1.. i would have a GTR or XU-1 AS WELL as my SL, but i wouldn't want a GTR or XU-1 as a daily driver. I would be to afraid to leave it anywhere, or worry about being stolen.

There are quite good reasons to own a SL. And at the moment, only working 2 days a week and living at home, means i can't afford, and am not allowed to have 2 cars.

Steve

#192 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 12:31 PM

:banghead:

#193 _postal_dood_

_postal_dood_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2006 - 12:41 PM

lol... bugga.
what makes the sl so much less lickly to be stolen?

#194 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2006 - 01:56 PM

For those who say they wouldnt swap there s. sl for an SS SLR XU1 all i have to say is your full of shit...

If the opertynity arose wich it definetly wont you would swap hands down.. You might act all sentimental now cos you know it aint gona happen but who in there right mind wouldnt swap for a car worth 5 times its value..

At the end of the day i dont care how attached you are to your car, at the right price EVERY THINGS FOR SALE!!!!!

John

#195 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 22 January 2006 - 01:58 PM

I am back at work tomorrow so I will be sure to read all threads daily. sorry I have a life away from the forum the last few weeks!

#196 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 02:34 PM

My comment wasnt intended to piss anyone off... the issue is... even a shirt my size isnt big enough to pay omage to every single torry every built... We have to draw a line and that is to have teh well known racing models shown.

You were all given the chance to have you say, yes all 13 pages of them.... and while we did have some people who preferred the de-badge option, 73% of us VOTED for option 1.. with the badges. there were over 30 votes for that option, with the next nearest option having like 7 votes. (Damn i wish i had written down the poll results.. and YES TINKS... next time.. new thread for a new poll.)

Anyway. I think for an idea that was raised barely 2 weeks ago, to having a design that a majority are pleased with is a damn good efrort. Specially seeing as its teh first Full Forum things that's really been organised on such a scale.

I reckon weve done well, and those who dont like teh shirts can always opt not to buy one.

I always said we would not be able to keep EVERYONE happy... weve done our best.

#197 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2006 - 02:45 PM

I always said we would not be able to keep EVERYONE happy... weve done our best.

Well said Tiny, I beleive also that we have done our best to keep everyone posible happy..
I still cant grasp the fact the any and i meen All torana lovers in general would not like or appreciate the performance models such as SS SLR XU1.. How could you think this way, its insane thinking..Just becouse you dont own a performance model you guys are full set against them, this mentality is freaking me out..

I personly love TORANAS full stop. any shape or form with some exeptions.. And Iv had many types including S and SL models and i didnt feal upset that my mates had XU1's and SLRs at the time..

To wear a badge from these models Should Make you PROUD in doing so, not make you feel neglected cos you dont own one.. Guys come on whats going on out there?

John

#198 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 02:56 PM

Well said John, I think most people are pretty cool with it and i think a few just wanted to show me that my GENERALISED comment was wrong.

But look.. it comes down to this forum, and some really good looking shirts that any torana lover would be proud to wear.

I think weve hit that on the head, and i hope that the majority agree.

THose who dont, as i said can feel free not to purchase one, i'm sure that there will be plenty who will buy! And there is no hard feeling wither way. We all have our own views and opinions and thats what makes this place so great and why we want to keep it independant!

Cheers.

#199 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2006 - 02:57 PM

I agree with you John, thats why I personally would prefer to see the word Torana on a shirt rather than just naming a select few of the models.
If people can't handle my mentality on that then I don't care :) It's my opinion only.

When it's all done and dusted Torana's are just anothe bqucking car (any model) as was stated previously here everything is for sale at a price, yes even mine.

Cheers
Herne

Edited by Herne, 22 January 2006 - 03:00 PM.

#200 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 03:23 PM

As much as I like the shirts I can see why the logos can inspire controversy.
The style is reminiscent of what was around 20-30 years ago. Everything had GT or SLR5000 on it. Many of us have moved on and are promoting the fact that you MUST appreciate each Torana on it own merits. The person that buys the SL Torana that was driven to church on Sundays should feel no less about their car than the person with an SLR that was cut and shut or is only being held together by the paint. In an ideal world you would have a few styles of shirts but economy of scales wont allow this. I agree the style chosen would be the most popular. However those that choose to wear it will hopefully wear it to promote the enjoyment and preservation of all Toranas. The underlying elitism mentioned, can be seen readily in many of the car events now organised. The fact you are a member of a club or an enthusiast means jack Sh###. Unless the car is numbers matching of SLR or XU1 fame then its tuff. I understand that it carn�t be open to everyone but there should be more to qualifying for entry than the cars credentials. Some members may have concerns that these shirts in there current format may promote this inequity. My 2 cents.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users