Photo

Forum Shirts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
233 replies to this topic

Poll: Do we want "gmh-torana.com" Embroidered on the backs of the shirts? (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Do we want "gmh-torana.com" Embroidered on the backs of the shirts?

1. YES (16 votes [53.33%])

Percentage of vote: 53.33%

2. NO (8 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

3. ONLY IF IT DOEST RAISE THE COST MUCH (6 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote

#201 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2006 - 04:14 PM

lol... bugga.
what makes the sl so much less lickly to be stolen?

Its a FOUR DOOR. No one wants a FOUR DOOR. :tease:

To be honest i am not fussed if the S or SL badges don't go on the shirt. I will buy one anyway i reckon ;)

Sorry Tiny, wasn't trying to create problems.

Steve

#202 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2006 - 04:20 PM

toranavista these shirts are to promote this forums and nuthing else..By promoting this forum it also promotes toranas in general..

I dont see how the bguckd up politics of these clubs you mention have anything to do with these shirts, its a different matter all together..

Peole that have a basic model torana and not a performance model should GET OVER IT, as us that have spent that past 10 years and all our hard earnt money in buying and restoring such cars dont need the bullshit from the ones that dont have one.. I have never in my entire life bagged or critisised ones car cos it wasnt a SS, GT or whatever..

Im not rich and im not even financialy stable by far, but as a STRUGGLER i have saved and saved and Im almost there.. Anyone that wants one of these cars bad enough can do what Iv done.. Theres nuthing that makes me better then anyother person in this country, And thats the best thing about living in OZ anyone with the right attitude cant acheive anything they please so i dont wana hear this crap about how unfortunate you are and bla bla.. No one handed me anyting i did it all my self and so can you

Enough about this elitism shit. Im not elite and i dont class my self as elite just cos i own an SS.. You should see the daily shita i drive around all the time..

JOhn

#203 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 22 January 2006 - 04:42 PM

*snip* and while we did have some people who preferred the de-badge option, 73% of us VOTED for option 1.. with the badges. there were over 30 votes for that option, with the next nearest option having like 7 votes. (Damn i wish i had written down the poll results.. and YES TINKS... next time.. new thread for a new poll.)

770 members but only 37 or there about votes. This is why I brought it up about not all have seen the polls. Yeah ok not all 770 are active members but there is more that 37 odd that are. More time is needed between each poll so everyone gets a chance to vote etc

I got to vote in this poll about gmh-torana on the back. I voted NO! leave the back with nothing.
As it is the cost will be getting up alot higher than you most would want to pay.

Anyway. I think for an idea that was raised barely 2 weeks ago, to having a design that a majority are pleased with is a damn good efrort. Specially seeing as its teh first Full Forum things that's really been organised on such a scale.

For the record I dont mind the shirt picked, dont like the to fly bit but I said that earlier and just torana might be better than SS/SLR/XU1/etc but I'll still buy some anyway.

OK who stole the soapbox smiley? :furious: lol

Toranavista & Herne, good posts :)

#204 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 22 January 2006 - 06:09 PM

Ok can everybody who is bitching here please just shut up and get over it!

The reason the badge look is the winner is because the majority of people liked it, if u didnt vote thats your own fault, no use bitching about it, if u dont like it, dont buy it!

And on hte SS XU1 badge thing, these are wat represents toranas! these badges are the big boys of our love! I have not heard one complaint about only GTR, Xu1, SLR5000 and SS being used in our banner, it hasnt stopped people joining the forum because the own an SL!

I am in total agreeance with wat john and tiny are saying! Get over it, if mods had just done this behind closed doors and shown the final image of the shirt, im sure everyone would buy it, its only because we have been givin the chance to express our opinion everyone is wanting there own thing! I think all three designs are fantastic and will proudly wear it because i love toranas, i love all of them!

Also if someone wants me to give them an analyis as why the the shirt that won did win, i will, truthfully i think this shirt is a fantastic design, and if u dont like the aesthetic look of it u have an issue, and i know that all of us on here have good aesthetic eyes as we all love toranas (the best damned designed thing ever!)

Anyway i cant wait to get myself one of these shirts! i think ill get myself a couple!

#205 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 06:11 PM

p.s show me a SL or S badge that actually looks stylish! all the performance badges look tough and fantastic!

#206 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 06:37 PM

For those who don�t know, a forum is a public place for public discussion and provides the opportunity for debate over a range of views.
Phrases like �shut up�, �get over it� and �stop bitching� are decidedly not conducive to stimulating open discussion. Enough said!

#207 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2006 - 06:43 PM

toranavista the first 2 paragraphs were to you the rest was too all the sooks..

I know your not sookin or bitchin i just dont understand the logic behind not likeing or appreciating the performance models.

Was not aimed at you even if it looked like it was mate.

John

#208 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2006 - 07:06 PM

I was just havin a look at the shirts, The embroiding on the back isnt a bad idea but i like it just on the front, Makes the shirt look much clasier..

A big font on the back looks outa place in my opinion..

Ill take it either way..
John

#209 _postal_dood_

_postal_dood_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2006 - 07:38 PM

my thoughts exactly toranass...

#210 _Swampy_

_Swampy_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2006 - 08:25 PM

For those who say they wouldnt swap there s. sl for an SS SLR XU1 all i have to say is your full of shit...

Build a bridge and get over yourself. I have no need or desire to own anything other than the SL I currently have. Just because some people may want one of these 'performance' vehicles, I personally don't need or want one.

This attitude astounds me. Why would I want and SLR or an A9X? Not everyone can have one, the numbers around are limited and I have better things to spend my money on. This is a forum for Torana owners, not performance Torana owners only.

#211 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2006 - 09:20 PM

swampy i dont need to build any bridge as i have an SS, SL, G pack, and iv also had many many more, each 1 i thought the same for...So dont try your crap on me it wont work mate.. Im not someone that beleives if its not a performance model it shit, thats just not me..

I am just sick to death about all you freaks out there that deep inside would love to own a classic performance model torana but cos your curcumstances dont allow you to for what ever reason you thinks its ok to come here and tell us that do actualy own them that we think were some sort of elite group. Thats just bgucking bull shit and all you out there know it, OK there are some that think that way but for bguck sake its not the bgucking toranas fault.. Dont stereotype toranas in general cos of a few stuck up owners of A9X's and what not..

First all torana owners are bogans and now all performance torana owners are eltie.. CRAP CRAP CRAP

John

#212 _lexa_

_lexa_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2006 - 09:34 PM

i dont think anyone has actually accused u of elitism except for yourself (sorry if they have but i havent seen it).

#213 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2006 - 09:44 PM

I know that nobody was aiming at me Lexa, Its not what i am trying to say..

I just wish i could understand the logic about it.

I think i should just shut my mouth cos its realy frustrating me.. Dont know why but this topic about performance toranas and plain S and SL is realy getting to me..

Im just fed up with poeple that cant give credit when credits due.. Simple way to explain is all that most people that say they dont want an SS or SLR or XU1 and wouldnt swap there SL for 1 are just not being honest with anyone and not even being honest with themselfs..like i said they wont give credit were credits due..

John

#214 _Loki_

_Loki_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2006 - 10:12 PM

Simple way to explain is all that most people that say they dont want an SS or SLR or XU1 and wouldnt swap there SL for 1 are just not being honest with anyone and not even being honest with themselfs..like i said they wont give credit were credits due..

John

Not so sure about that, for example, my car was my first 'real' car i've ver driven/owned on the street.
It is/was an SL/R (with the old 202 in it), but to me, the fact that I've done all the work on it and was my first - means alot more to me than owning a genuine SL/R 5000.

Owning the genuine article is more about $$$ in my eyes.

#215 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2006 - 10:20 PM

Makes perfect sence Loki thats why i said most poeople, not all think the same there are plenty of exeptions, I ment the majority think this way..

john

#216 _svenikus_

_svenikus_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2006 - 10:22 PM

Im just fed up with people that cant give credit when credits due.. Simple way to explain is all that most people that say they dont want an SS or SLR or XU1 and wouldnt swap there SL for 1 are just not being honest with anyone and not even being honest with themselfs..like i said they wont give credit were credits due..

John

Leave for a few days and all hell breaks loose in this thread.

While the shirt that won is not what I wanted, I will still by one because as a lot of people has said, it's not really a fashion statement, it's support for the forums.

As for the whole base/performance issue. I reckon there is too much generalisation going on. Both sides have some good points.

John, the fact that you are openly saying that because I own an SL and I don't want an XU1 or an SL/R, that I am fooling myself and others is quite offensive. I agree that if you want something, earn it, don't expect it to be given to you but I could quite easily save and get one. The simple fact is, I can get a mock-up, most average joe's won't be able to tell the difference, it's cheaper (less of a loss if it gets stolen) and I won't have to worry about anyone saying you can do this to a car but you can't do that. Assumptions are the mother of all bguck ups!

#217 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2006 - 10:36 PM

svenikus im sorry to offend you. But saying that you would rather a mock SLR,SS instead of the original for your very valid reasons is still telling me you do indeed actualy want t own one. Being an original or a mock doesnt make it any different. Yes it may affect its value but Its still a performance torana once its been mocked up..Its no longer badged as a S and doesnt represent the S model anymore.

If you had a Mint condition mockup SLR5000 why should you be upset about having the performance badge on a polo shirt your wearing, and why would you want S or SL printed on the shirt .. replica or not its an SLR5000 now isnt it?

John

#218 _Pete_

_Pete_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2006 - 10:38 PM

wow......and here i was thinking only the mini's were the victims of "If its not a Cooper S and all original then its not worth anything".

I'll be honest and throw in my 2c worth (thats all its worth) I was a little dissapointed about the new website having the higher spec cars badges in the banner but i got over it as at the end of the day it won't change how much sleep i get at night.

For the t-shirts my personal taste is to leave the badges off as i prefer the look of it without it..................as well as the fact when the day comes that i'm wearing the shirt people will come up to me and ask "so do you own a GTR,XU1,SLR 5000,SS ???", a sheepish grin will come over me and i'll reply......"um, no i only own an LX base model S that once was a four cylinder manual and is now a 6cyl auto that is still slow"

Now forgive me for being a little self conscious but i'm not the one for pretending to have what i don't but as non premium model torana owners can appreciate you dont want your car to be looked upon as a s***box or being personally looked upon as a premium spec car Groupie...............

Which is what the general public will do..........no two ways about it

So please let us more common folk without the premium stuff still be able to unashamedly display our love for our toranas and our forum here.

And personally i think its time we go for a classy look as us torana owners have been labelled too many yobbo stereotypes for too long.

OK then people flame way :tease: thanks for the rant....

Oh and can we see a pic of what is actually the current type of shirt up for discussion????

#219 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2006 - 10:54 PM

Pete theres no shame for driving an SL torana, My daily car for quite some time recently was a SL LX 6cyl banger. I was proud to drive it and never felt ashamed of it. But why should you feel ashamed to have on a T shirt with SS or SLR on it. I cant grasp it Sorry guys..

I drive a executive VN BT1 every day but would proudly wear HSV clothes without anyshame what so ever.. Isnt that the same thing.

John

#220 _Flamenco_

_Flamenco_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2006 - 10:58 PM

I don't mind the look of the badges - I can see the debate from both sides but I think it all comes down to people's own values & perceptions of what other people will think/say... Then you could throw in what model/s other people associate with toranas from years gone by and in my personal experience tends to revolve around the XU1's SS's etc... How far could we take the badges issue - include trimatic badges off my LC S model too!

#221 _Pete_

_Pete_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2006 - 11:07 PM

I'm not really ashamed, hell my LX has got bigger issues rather than badges..hehe

I'm just not sure we need badges on the shirts like Flamenco said how far back do we go??......why bother at all

Badges or not as torana is still a torana and i thought that was what we're all about here???

can we see what the shirt is looking like at current format??

#222 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 05:20 AM

OMFG!!!
What have I done? I've turned all you faithfull against eachother!!
I can't beleive how passionate the people on this forum are....(that, I applaud) and I'd HATE to go clothes shopping with ANY of you!
Man..... it's a shirt FFS!
The whole idea was to raise awareness of the forum, raise some cash for the forum so it can continue to give us all a database, a place to show off our rides, no matter what bgucken badges are on it...and for that matter...mine doesn't have ANY badges on it!!! :banghead:
C'mon guys, let's not get all politcal in our reasoning for liking or not liking a shirt, 15 pages!!!
All I wanna know is what size do you want and how many?
Once we have that sort of info, we can get prices!!!!!

I really don't get it. Surely you people get around wearing HRT, HSV, Blah Blah racing team shirts, does anyone here wear Rip Curl and never seen a surfboard? My point is... its a shirt, promoting something we like. Wear it or don't.

I'm going for a lie down now.... anyone seen the Bex? Oh shit, there's another brand!
:angry:

#223 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 23 January 2006 - 06:07 AM

unfortunately a lot of people that dont know a lot about cars couldnt tell you what a torana looks like but do remember the SLR's or XU1's from their younger days so if having these labels jolts their memories to the torana in general it's great.
Same as most advertising hits you with a symbol that sticks in your mind.... as previously mentioned most here wear labelled shirts, but if labelled with your favourite race team but do you actually own a V8 supercar....

#224 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 06:11 AM

And people come up to me and say "Nice SLR/5000", so that proves people know brands/badges with no idea of what they're looking at!
Check the sig...

#225 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 06:43 AM

Better change my name to 253Torana, i wouldnt want people thinking that i am better than them by having SS on there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users