#79 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 08:41 PM

Posted Image
It's a little more cluttered now, but I like it. Once it's fully sorted it will be very workable and the red thing will be out of the way so I can get into the yellow one.

#80 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:19 AM

curious about what Dave?

Never seen one on a car that wasn't worth half a house :rolleyes:

Like your shed - I've got that Holden race car poster on the right too - it's on the wall in my shed.

Looks like you won't be the only one 'getting into the yellow one' - it's home again for a while. Just finished an audit on my parts and spares.

Cheers,

Dave G.

#81 hatchssv8

hatchssv8

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:21 PM

Nice sheds and garages gents.

For those that have painted and or sealed the floors in their sheds, what have you used.

I am about to paint the garage floor and have been advised to use the following-
EPOTEC 370 (made by Protec)
2 part epoxy.

Has anyone used this and if so what feedback can you share, both good and bad.

I should mention that the concrete floor is 2 years old, clean and has a smooth finish.
Cheers, Max

#82 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2007 - 08:23 PM

i'll get some picks of my (well, dads) shed when i get some batteries for the camera :P

#83 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 11:02 AM

Nice sheds and garages gents.

For those that have painted and or sealed the floors in their sheds, what have you used.

I am about to paint the garage floor and have been advised to use the following-
EPOTEC 370 (made by Protec)
2 part epoxy.

Has anyone used this and if so what feedback can you share, both good and bad.

I should mention that the concrete floor is 2 years old, clean and has a smooth finish.
Cheers, Max

I used Protec, and I'm pretty sure it was Epotec 370. I mixed the entire contents of the two tins in a bucket, as I figured it was easier to do that than to try to measure 50/50 parts of each (I'd recommend a large square mop type bucket), stirred with a long screwdriver (the coloured part of the mixture can settle quite a bit, so stir it well before pouring it into the mix), and painted around the edges and seams with a paint brush, then applied it to the rest of the surface with a paint roller and roller tray, filling it from the bucket as necessary (and also stirring the bucket from time to time). I had to change the rollers a couple of times, as they did get clogged up and 'sticky'. If I did it again, I'd buy slightly better rollers, even though they end up getting thrown away.

I only put on one reasonably thick coat, and it seems to be holding up well so far.

Before applying the primer, I cleaned and etched the concrete (which was pretty new) with a citrus based concrete etcher that I got from Bunnings. Traditional etchers are hydrochloric based, but I didn't want to use that gear. I used a stiff bristled broom to apply it and scrub the concrete surface, then a high pressure water spray to clean it all off. Then I kept the shed shut for a day or two, and let the floor dry completely.

Before applying the sealer, I'd recommend hand scrubbing any grease or oil marks on the bare concrete with degreaser or industrial cleaners and also a wire brush if they're bad, and I'd also recommend etching the concrete - the 2 pack sealer needs a slightly rough surface to adhere to.

I also chose the light grey colour, as I wanted as much direct and indirect light in the garage as possible. It's almost the same colour as the colour on the back of the colorbond wall sheets too. I'm pretty pleased with the outcome.

With a 6 x 9 metre shed, I had a fair bit of sealer left over out of the 8 litre mix, so I ended up rushing around and cleaning other bits and pieces of concrete around the yard so that I could seal them too, before the sealer went off. From this, I'd recommend having a few other potential concrete areas ready to seal too, in case you end up with sealer left over.

I don't think I've chipped or scraped through the sealer anywhere so far, but I have marked it by dragging a trolley jack sideways over it.

Now that the floor is sealed, it's bloody easy to sweep clean, either with a broom, or a quick squirt with compressed air. Oil and water/coolant spills are easy to clean off too, and I have actually dropped a few drops of brake fluid on it, and wiped them off without any permanent damage to the sealant.

Cheers,

#84 hatchssv8

hatchssv8

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 10:39 AM

Thanks for the detail Dangerous.

I started on Thursday and was finished by Sunday afternoon. I didnt get a chance to see your post prior to commencing the job. I did pretty much as you have stated. I did not have much luck with the rolloer I initially tried and quickly ran down to Bunnings and purchased 4 foam rollors. They left a much nicer finish. the only hassle is that the glue they use to adhere the foam to the rolloer gives and I needed to replace with a new roller. I did two coats (24 hrs apart) and needed 2 rolloers per coat. I found it very easy to apply and it covered many hairline cracks and pinholes in the concrete.
In the end I had about half a litre left over for each coat. So far I am very pleased with the result.

Thanks again, Max

Finished

#85 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 10:57 AM

Nice looking garage - is that a really early 'show and shine' poster on the right hand wall? Looks like a Ralfus design.

#86 hatchssv8

hatchssv8

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 01:19 PM

You have a keen eye Dangerous. Right you are. Circa early 80's, Victorian 2nd S & S with a blown HR charicature.

Enjoy

Vic 2nd Show & shine

#87 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 24 September 2007 - 02:15 PM

This is a great thread, love all the pics. We just bought a house recently (after an eternity of looking).... so now it's full steam ahead to plan the garage. We are actually leaning towards building a weatherboard style shed, to blend in with our house more. And we will build the whole thing ourselves. I'll post pics when the time comes... but I'm starting to get very excited. Finally, the Torana's may get out of the weather!! Too bad my blue beast is already due for a rebuild now.

#88 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 05:08 PM

I learnt a vauable, I should say expensive lesson today. After being away for a week I came back to find 3 of my 4 framed pictures fallen down. The sad part is, the mirror of Brocks 96 car was a gift and personally signed, it's irreplacable. The lesson is, don't trust those stick on hooks 3M make even if it's well under the wieght rating.

#89 LXM21

LXM21

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:51 PM

[quote name='Dangerous' date='Sep 21 2007, 11:02 AM'][quote name='hatchssv8' date='Sep 17 2007, 01:21 PM'] Nice sheds and garages gents.

Before applying the primer, I cleaned and etched the concrete (which was pretty new) with a citrus based concrete etcher that I got from Bunnings. Traditional etchers are hydrochloric based, but I didn't want to use that gear. I used a stiff bristled broom to apply it and scrub the concrete surface, then a high pressure water spray to clean it all off. Then I kept the shed shut for a day or two, and let the floor dry completely.

[/QUOTE]
Dangerous, so you first etch the concrete, then prime, then paint the sealer on .

What type of primer did you use ? :D

#90 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 02:54 PM

Oops - getting my wucking mords fuddled up again :tease:

I meant sealer, not primer - so it's etch, clean, dry, paint on two pack sealer.

#91 LXM21

LXM21

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:47 PM

Oops - getting my wucking mords fuddled up again :tease:

I meant sealer, not primer - so it's etch, clean, dry, paint on two pack sealer.

thanks, dont worry,it happens to us all at some time !!! :spoton:

#92 _1BADSS_

_1BADSS_
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2007 - 07:03 PM

Well guys, I think I need to repaint my shed floor also, but for now it should be fine.
There are some pretty nice sheds and some sweet rides parked in them around here.

Well here is mine.

Posted Image

#93 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:52 PM

^ Did your wife send you to your shed to clean it up?

#94 _studricho_

_studricho_
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:09 PM

On the topic of sheds their is a competion with fair dinkin sheds and you can win a double shed. I've entered.

Check web site for details www.fairdinkinsheds.com.au

#95 _Holdenmad_

_Holdenmad_
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:18 AM

correct link: http://www.fairdinku...om.au/promo.php
I notice they have an LC/LJ on their home page flash banner. :spoton:

#96 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:43 AM

Now i know how jealous everyone is going to be after i show them this. But this is my workspace!

Posted Image

Things i love about my shed.
- When it rains.... it floods!
- No wall means the dust from my dirt road comes straight in!
- The neighbours know what im doing
- All the storage space!

I wouldnt change it for anything in the world..... NOT!!!

#97 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:35 AM

^ Least you got a roof. My first rebuild, including full respray was open air.

Edited by ALX76, 16 January 2008 - 10:40 AM.

#98 _ozbox_

_ozbox_
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:22 PM

one end of my shed...other end has 3/4 snooker table and bar and about to get toilet and shower..
Posted Image

#99 _@milco@_

_@milco@_
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2008 - 02:37 PM

one end of my shed...other end has 3/4 snooker table and bar and about to get toilet and shower..
Posted Image

toilet and shower........... is that for when your in the bad books with the missus you can move out to the shed

#100 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,126 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 16 January 2008 - 02:44 PM

Hey ozbox would that be a holden panel van under that car cover in the back corner next to the commo. yes no

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users