- - - - -

The Shed Thread

• Please log in to reply
878 replies to this topic

#101 _ozbox_

_ozbox_
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2008 - 03:19 PM

yes it would be an hq sandman waiting for resto ...i keep thinkin i should sell it but then change my mind... :blink:

shower is so i can reno the bathroom in the house and save myself 8k or more and toilet is so my mates stop p1ssin on the plants and grass and killin them.. :furious:

Edited by ozbox, 16 January 2008 - 03:22 PM.

#102 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,127 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 16 January 2008 - 03:27 PM

I know how you feel i have a hz sandman waiting for a resto i think the same some time sell it or keep it tough call when i have owned it for 20 years.

#103 _ozbox_

_ozbox_
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2008 - 03:33 PM

ive only had mine for 7 years... :clap:

#104 _studricho_

_studricho_
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:37 PM

I have put plans into council for a 14m x 6m shed with 22 degree pitch which gives me about 5 metres at centre and 3.6m sides.

It should be enough for a floor to store parts. A 2 poster host is also on the cards.

#105 _ToranaGuy_

_ToranaGuy_
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:41 PM

My shed is rather poor atm, but atleast it has 3 walls, a swing door & roof. I'm in the process of fixing the gutter & patching the roof so it doesn't leak. It's not a lot bigger than the room to fit my Torana & Panel Van, a Hz, just a kingswood, but atleast it's a 253! I'm not the only torana owner who has a Pano lurking in their shed! :spoton:

It was originally a carport that's been bricked into a shed. It's really too small, and i have plans to extend it if i stay in the place long enough.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

#106 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:33 PM

I've been pottering around in the shed over the last few weeks (no work on the car thou). Dismantled the last of the old benches down the side wall of the shed and remade the frame to match the same as the rest. Next satage is to make some more sliding draws like I did next to this section. Will post pics once it's all finished.

Finally got the gas bottle for the mig and also picked up a neat little trolley from Repco to keep every thing on. Fits very well and the whole thing is moveable now. Repairs on the Hatch will start soon.

Also put some of my favorite Torana pics in a frame and hung them up on the wall. All the shots were taken by myself except for my old Hatch (R.I.P) at the drags as I was driving, I can thank Greenmachine for that one.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by HatchmanSS76, 13 March 2008 - 09:35 PM.

#107 _pallbag_

_pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:56 PM

Lookin' into the shed ... New bench made by a mate at the back of the shed on little wheels so it can move around easily to clean behind it. Works a treat !!

Posted Image

#108 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:04 PM

Hey guys... wondering if there's anyone out there who can give me an idea on the cost of a slab for a double garage sized shed? 6mx6m
Melbourne, northen burbs.

#109 _Holdenmad_

_Holdenmad_
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:44 AM

Posted Image

Glad I am not the only one using baby formula tins for storing parts :P

Edited by Holdenmad, 17 March 2008 - 11:44 AM.

#110 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 03:46 PM

Hey guys... wondering if there's anyone out there who can give me an idea on the cost of a slab for a double garage sized shed? 6mx6m
Melbourne, northen burbs.

Firstly, figure out if you want STRONG concrete or just strong concrete - at a minimum, I'd say 100mm thick, heavy duty reinforcing rod, and waterproof base (plastic liner under the slab which slows down the curing rate, and makes the concrete stronger).

Hunt around, and bank on at least $50 to $60 per square metre, as long as the ground is level, compacted, and easy to get to. Add $$ if it's not. Add $$ for the so called 'mining boom'. Add $$ for the inflation rate and increased interest rates - you get my drift.

#111 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2008 - 09:48 PM

Holdenmad, the kids formula tins are great hey :D

I've been doing a bit more on the new draws. On the home stretch now. Next month I'll get some more draw runners and once they're in I can put the top on. Next step after that is to cut, router, screw on the face plates and fit handles for all the draws.

A few more pictures hung awhile ago

Posted ImagePosted Image

The previous group of draws

Posted Image

The new set of draws

Posted ImagePosted Image

Both sections of draws

Posted Image

#112 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 26 March 2008 - 10:14 PM

Love the Sprintcar pics :D

Oh and the draws look good too :P

#113 red6

red6

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Car:1971 Lc Torana S 2 Door

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:35 PM

good read for those needing inspiration
Posted Image

http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/0760326762

#114 _gen3torrie_

_gen3torrie_
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:00 AM

hehe my sheds my second home lol the bar fridge is always full of beer and bundy lots of tools 2 quads and 3 cars which include my lx torana vn commodore and n13 nissan pulsar basher lol the amount hours i've spent in my shed lol

#115 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:17 AM

I think this is the dream garage...

http://www.ultimateg.../UltGar2y-2.htm

http://www.ultimateg.../UltGar2y-3.htm

http://www.ultimateg.../UltGar2y-4.htm

#116 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:32 AM

Jeeze i wouldn't say no to that.

#117 Ruts

Ruts

How Fast!?

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts
  • Car:Blown A9X replica, Black SS hatchback, LH SLR5000

Posted 18 April 2008 - 05:25 PM

My shed is 21m x 9m and holds 12 cars with room to walk around.

#118 _ToranaGuy_

_ToranaGuy_
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2008 - 07:13 PM

Some of those shed's are way too neat & tidy, not to mention i'm sure rather costly!

Hell, i'd be happy with my shed if i had time to level the slab out, as it's a dog's breakfast right now, and build some good benches & shelving to store all my spares & parts in rebuild.

But first i need to finish 2 projects & get them outta the shed for access to be able to do all that! Damn pano & torana taking way too long & too much $$$.

Atleast i have a cat5 run to the shed, and possibly an IP phone later this year. Got a pc for music & online workshop manuals atm.:spoton:

Cheers

ToranaGuy

#119 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts
  • Car:A Black POS

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:35 PM

Built my shed bout 6 months ago,6mx7m. Got some cheap kit shelves for storage. Havent let the cook put anything in there yet. But still only room for one Torana...lol. Too many parts.(If there is such a thing). Just need to build a decent bench...

#120 _ToranaGuy_

_ToranaGuy_
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2008 - 10:53 PM

I should actually measure my shed to see how big it is. I can fit 1 x HZ Pano, 1 x LH Torana, A drill press, 6ton shop press, mig welder, workbench in the back, storage shelves and lotsa spare parts in there. It is however very cramped, and i need to roll the torry out to use the drill press.

With the Torry & Pano finished, i will have a lot of space for probably more spare parts, lol.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

#121 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts
  • Car:A Black POS

Posted 19 April 2008 - 12:25 AM

If I cleared out the empty cans/bottles i could probably fit more in...lol

#122 MODNIZD

MODNIZD

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Name:Phil
  • Car:4 Door LC RB25DET

Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:16 PM

So guys, putting in a offer on my first place tonight. Nice big 750ish sqm flat block. Perfect for my dream shed. :)

So plan is to run a hoist. and have room to fit 3 cars plus a little room to work on motors and so on.

Thinking 11x7ish.

How high do i need to go for Hoist?

Anybody got a ruff price on:
- Shed (3 rolla door)
- Slab (Strong enough for Hoist)

Cheers,

Phil

#123 _P51_

_P51_
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:51 PM

My escape....I sneak out here as much as possible...... :rockon:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kind of a work in progress....the shed and the car.......I need to get the other half concreted, but its just so dammed expensive,and what money I do get to play with, I want to spend on the car :furious:

#124 _gstar_

_gstar_
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:30 PM

you can sell me that massive projectile in the background to help fund the rest of the slab

#125 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:50 PM

Hate to be picky P51, but the flag's hanging the wrong way buddy... Union Jack needs to be in the top left corner... no matter which way the old cloth's hanging. :spoton:

Nice shed... I know what you mean about the cost of concrete, I looked into it myself last week! :<_<: :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users