Photo

So many mixed emotions

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#51 _NSS308_

_NSS308_
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:43 PM

waste of time putting 1000hp engine if he cant use it. Most std suspension Toranas running good numbers use air bags in rear to help hook up

#52 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:44 PM

Waste of time having a car that sits completely on the ground...

Tim

#53 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:03 AM

hehehe if you lose your brakes, you just drop the pressure in the bags and slide to a stop. Yeah the whole lowrider has 0 appeal to me, so I agree with you there.

#54 _NSS308_

_NSS308_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:05 AM

Obviously the air bags will be there just for show, the wont actually be used to raise and lower the car. I reckon his car will be sweet, unfortunatly you cant please everyone. if we all all had the same ideas and taste in cars we would all drive concourse restored cars with 13 inch wheels and the world would be a boring place

#55 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:07 AM

Obviously the air bags will be there just for show, the wont actually be used to raise and lower the car.

Why bother with bags then? Just go without shocks and springs altogether...

Tim

Edited by RIM-010, 08 July 2007 - 12:07 AM.

#56 _NURVUS_

_NURVUS_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:22 AM

Ummmm??? Joel, i see your here too, you go first and i'll add anything you might forget. :spoton:

#57 _NSS308_

_NSS308_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:27 AM

you go and sit in the corner rimjob, along with your other 13 inch wheel buddies and leave the car building the someone with an imagination

#58 _garagenights_

_garagenights_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 01:36 AM

HEY THERE AGAIN GUYS JUST TO ANSWER A FEW MORE QUESTIONS

I DIDN'T WANT TO STRETCH THE REAR WHEEL ARCHES ALTHOUGH IT WOULD HAVE MADE IT A HELL OF A LOT EASIER, I JUST THINK THE LC LJ BODY LINES LOOK AWESOME FROM THE FACTORY AND DIDN'T WANT TO DISTURB THEM.
ALSO IT MAKES THE WHEELS LOOK EVEN BIGGER.

ALSO I HAVE HAD 15X10S UNDER THE ARSE THEY JUST HAVE TO SIT IN A LITTLE BIT , I DO PLAN TO RUN THIS BABY IT'S MOST DEFFINATELY NOT JUST A SHOW CAR.

AS FOR THE AIRBAGS THEY ARE NOT JUST FOR SHOW THEY ARE IN THERE PERMANENTLY,THE CAR CAN SIT WITH THE SILLS ON THE GROUND AND WITH A FLICK OF A SWITCH RAISE UP 8 INCHES AND THE RIDE HEIGHT IS TOTALLY ADJUSTABE IN SECONDS. THE REAR AND HAS A TRIANGULATED 4 LINK STYLE SETUP' AND I RUN THE BAGS SIMILAR TO HOW YOU WOULD MOUNT A COILOVER SHOCK.

AIRBAGS HAVE BEEN PROVEN ON THE STRIP AS NSS 308 STATED, THERE ARE QUITE A FEW ADVANTAGES I CAN RUN MORE PRESSURE IN THE RIGHT HAND REAR TO COMPENSATE FOR TORQUE WHICH TRIES TO TWIST THE BODY OF THE CAR COMING OF THE LINE THIS TENDS TO UNLOAD THE REAR LEFT TYRE AND RESULTS IN WHEELSPIN.
WHITH THE FRONT I CAN RUN LESS PRESSURE AND ALLOW THE FRONT OF THE CAR TO LIFT AND TRANSFER THE CARS WEIGHT TO THE REAR WHEELS MUCH THE SAME AS A 90/10 SHOCK WORKS WHICH MEANS MORE TRACTION AND BETTER 60 FT TIMES WHICH AS WE KNOW WILL MAKE OR BREAK YOUR 1/4 MILE TIMES.

MY HK PANELVAN ALSO RUNS FULL AIRBAG SUSPENSION AND IT RIDES GREAT AND ITS MY DAILY DRIVER/PARTS GETTER. AND I CAN PULL UP FLICK A SWITCH AND DROP IT TO THE DECK, MAKES IT HEAPS EASIER TO LOAD ENGINES INTO LOL.

AS FOR THE SPARE YEAH RIGHT LOL

AND TO TAKE THE REAR WHEELS OFF I DO HAVE TO DROP THE DIFF WHICH ONLY INVOLVES 4 BOLTS LOL

AND TO ANSWER THE OTHER QUESTION I'M NOT A MECHANIC BY TRADE, I WORK FOR QANTAS AS AN AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER BUT I DO HAVE MY OWN WORKSHOP ON THE SIDE WITH A MATE WHERE I MOSTLY DO CARBON FIBRE AND COMPOSITE WORK. BUT ALSO ALOT OF MECHANICAL STUFF.
I RECENTLY BROUGHT A 2 POST HOIST TOO WHICH IS THE GREATEST THING I'VE EVER DONE EVERYONE SHOULD GET ONE LOL I PICKED MINE UP FOR $1000 BUCKS SECOND HAND AND SUDDENLY HAVE A HEAP MORE MATES LOL.

#59 _NURVUS_

_NURVUS_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 01:47 AM

Ok..some of you may know me from another site and i'm not proud of a few posts that the bourbon man put on there.. but anyway,starting fresh here...so..
This is only my opinion and educated guessing and yes i have been drinking so fire away. I do not know Joel personally so even he may not agree with me.

The car looks to have been tubbed (not mini tubbed to the rails) so he will fit massive rubber under there while keeping the 1/4 untouched, throwing big bl#ng wheels under there adds to the wow factor ...(for me anyway). If it was only mini tubbed to the chassis rails then yes, the 1/4 panels would have to be stretched to accomodate the bigger tyres sitting out further towards the guards.
I have no clue of how the air bags are used. On my truck, the air bags replace the springs, i do not know if this is the same case here.
I think that the air bags are there to lower and raise the car, it is a show car and 1000hp is what the elite hall is all about...the complete package.

Hope i havn't started another arguement,seems i'm good at that. Lee.

Edited by NURVUS, 08 July 2007 - 01:55 AM.

#60 _NURVUS_

_NURVUS_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 01:48 AM

^^^

Edited by NURVUS, 08 July 2007 - 02:02 AM.

#61 _garagenights_

_garagenights_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 02:22 AM

NERVUS YOUR PRETTY MUCH ON THE MONEY,

THE CAR IS FULL TUBBED AND THERE IS NO TORANA FLOOR OR CHASSIS REMAINING IN THE CAR. IT IS A FULL TUBE CHASSIS NOW,AND FULL FLAT FLOOR AND IS RAISED UP ABOVE THE SILLS SO IT CAN GO TO THE GROUND.

AND YEAH THE AIRBAGS DO REPLACE THE SPRINGS

CHEERS JOEL

#62 _LX406_

_LX406_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 02:26 AM

Love the panel Van!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work!

#63 _garagenights_

_garagenights_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 02:30 AM

ALSO CHEERS FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK GUYS, SORRY IF I UPSET ANYBODY MAYBE I WILL STICK AROUND FOR A WHILE. SEEMS TO BE A PRETTY GOOD FORUM.

#64 _NURVUS_

_NURVUS_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 02:47 AM

NERVUS YOUR PRETTY MUCH ON THE MONEY,

THE CAR IS FULL TUBBED AND THERE IS NO TORANA FLOOR OR CHASSIS REMAINING IN THE CAR. IT IS A FULL TUBE CHASSIS NOW,AND FULL FLAT FLOOR AND IS RAISED UP ABOVE THE SILLS SO IT CAN GO TO THE GROUND.

AND YEAH THE AIRBAGS DO REPLACE THE SPRINGS

CHEERS JOEL

Sorry mate, i didn't think you were going to reply but beat me to it ,hence my reply after yours. You must type with more than one finger.
I found out that you can't delete posts and can only edit them once on this site,LOL
Only a handful of posts and i've already made a dick out of myself!!
Sorry for the confusion.

Hows those new pics comin? Got some more?

#65 _garagenights_

_garagenights_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 02:51 AM

LOL IT'S ALL GOOD MATE I KINDA WORKED OUT WHAT HAD HAPPENED THERE, AND YEAH I CAN TYPE WITH TWO FINGERS NOW LOL. NOT TOO SURE IF I'LL PUT THE LATEST PICS UP ON HERE YET MIGHT FREAK A FEW PEOPLE OUT LOL

#66 _NURVUS_

_NURVUS_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 03:05 AM

Would love to see them. Mine will be back in a week or 2 with a cage, strange rear end, coil overs,engine plate etc.. I'll return the favour. :D

#67 _NRV051_

_NRV051_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:42 AM

Either way I still think it looks SHITHOT. Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming. Dont worry about the purists on here, because there are some of us here he will will appreciate good quality workmanship and someone who is willing to break the boundaries. Looking forward to more pics.

Gav

PRO TOURING RULES!

#68 _willo_

_willo_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:01 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

that just looks SHIT!!! :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun:

#69 _misszilla_

_misszilla_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:07 AM

Speedbumps in the drive through maccas must be a pain in the arse :D

It's nice, different, unusual ;)

#70 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:38 AM

Looks to me you need to lower the front more

#71 _LXChev366_

_LXChev366_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:06 AM

I found out that you can't delete posts and can only edit them once on this site,LOL

You can only edit the post within the first 10 minutes or so, after that it locks you out.
Note the original time I posted this... I will come back in 5 and edit it, you will then see "edited by" bla bla on the bottom....

Here ya go... edit at 10.12 am. Origanal post was at 10.06 :spoton:

Edited by LXChev366, 08 July 2007 - 10:12 AM.

#72 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:58 AM

Just please turn off CAPSLOCK man.

#73 _NSS308_

_NSS308_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:33 AM

Hey Garagenights, your project is crazy keen to see it finished. I am from sunny coast and have some cool projects on the go up here. Just finished windowless hq panno for a mate of mine.It runs original white paint and brown vinyl bench seat and 10/71 blown methanol 454. its on the deck and has done quite a few street kays since finished a couple of weeks ago. also doing 50 cadillac low rider, also mini tubbed and caged nitrous 355 lx sedan and 390 cube 4v clevo in td corty to name a few. We get down gold coast a bit, maybe catch up and suss your projects out sometime. Cheers Stewie

#74 _garagenights_

_garagenights_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:51 AM

hey there again it seems that some people are still a bit confused about airbags. the height of the car in the photos is only for ease of mobility while the car is being moved arould, speed bumps are not a problem i can raise or lower the car up to 8 inches just by flicking switches.

As for you willo go play in the mud with all the other carny folk who think there race car drivers, you probably didn't even build your own speedway shitbox. but gee it just looks so nice lol.the craftsmanship is second to none i'm sure theres a valiant forum on the net somewhere where there are more of your kind go play in the mud with them.

#75 _garagenights_

_garagenights_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:55 AM

Hey Garagenights, your project is crazy keen to see it finished. I am from sunny coast and have some cool projects on the go up here. Just finished windowless hq panno for a mate of mine.It runs original white paint and brown vinyl bench seat and 10/71 blown methanol 454. its on the deck and has done quite a few street kays since finished a couple of weeks ago. also doing 50 cadillac low rider, also mini tubbed and caged nitrous 355 lx sedan and 390 cube 4v clevo in td corty to name a few. We get down gold coast a bit, maybe catch up and suss your projects out sometime. Cheers Stewie

awesome mate sounds like you got some sweet cars up there yeah i'd love to see some of them and anytime your down this way let me know.
cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users