Posted 18 January 2008 - 01:31 AM

I'll take the ac too.
lol.
you used to go to westminster right?

#52 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:35 PM

yeah westminster! finnished this year :) did u use to go there or sumfin?

u still interested in the motor and 5 speed gearbox?

cheers
Ben

#53 _tyre fryer_

_tyre fryer_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:11 PM

yeah I am.
My mate for some reason knew you went there. he mentioned it when your hatch came up in conversation...
whats been done to the motor again?

#54 _j7723_

_j7723_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:29 PM

Hi ben your motor looks grate you seem to know how to polish time is the key

Think you should do your water pump it is ezy just use a wire wheel on a grinder first then sand and polish always looks good and not many do it :spoton:

Jeremy

#55 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2008 - 05:35 PM

tyre fryer its probably best you come have a look at it some time... but im not ready to get rid of it yet but will let you know! its got: 350 holley, redline manifold, yellaterra head gene extractors ummmm cant think of anything else atm... does blow a bit of smoke but dads going to have a look at that for me when he gets time lol and the gear box is a celica 5 speed :) but i'll pm you when i ready to get rid of it and you can come for a ride or something and see what u think!

so does ur mate know me or know of me lol

j7723 thanks mate! yeah takes ages but its one of those things that all the hard work pays off and saves u a shit load! yeah water pump would look better polished aye! ok thats next on my long list.... haha

thanks boys

Ben

#56 _Chriskoss-79uc_

_Chriskoss-79uc_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:44 PM

f*ck oath I am envious dude. I have the exact same UC hatch in atlantis blue but its not anywhere as near good condition like that!.
Did you respray it the exactly same stock colour.. how much did it cost and was there much panel work to do

Looks bloody awesome mate

#57 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:50 PM

haha thanks chriskoss-79uc :D yeah its been resprayed in a colour very similar to atlantis blue but not atlantis blue :).. well the guy who did it was a mate of my dads but i probably wouldn't recommend him as i found a few places which seem rushed but yeah it turned out sweet overall! imm not really sure how much it would cost to fully respray but probably a bit :) my colour had more blue in it than silver!

Thanks for the reply mate! makes it all worth while...

cheers
Ben

#58 _tyre fryer_

_tyre fryer_
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2008 - 12:12 AM

thanks man.
Having a ride would give me an experience of what it goes like.
If i get the 5 speed the i can maybe get a taller diff :spoton:
then you have to take me for a drive when the 5litre is in! you'll probably get me hooked on getting a v8 then!

#59 _j7723_

_j7723_
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2008 - 08:41 AM

Hi ben have a water pump done at home I will get some photos of it if you want so you can see just how good it looks and before anyone asks yes I can do for some one but its not cheep hehehehehe :D

And ben if you have a bench grinder you can get a end for it and buffing wheels makes the job ten times better and faster
there at any good tool shop

Jeremy

Edited by j7723, 19 January 2008 - 08:45 AM.

#60 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2008 - 04:04 PM

hahaha tyre fryer that sounds like a good idea! i'll let you know :) definitely a cruise with the 5 litre! i'll keep you posted as to when im wanting to take it out!

Thanks Jeremy that would be sweet! yeah i got a bench grinder with a wire wheel which i used for the thermostat and definitely made things a whole lot better but post me a picture to motivate me :)

Update: spoke to the guy shipping me the gearbox and he thinks it should be here early next week so cant wait! also dad ordered some extractors from castlemain auto electrical and a few other bits and pieces!

Thanks boys

Ben

#61 _j7723_

_j7723_
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2008 - 04:15 PM

Thanks Jeremy that would be sweet! yeah i got a bench grinder with a wire wheel which i used for the thermostat and definitely made things a whole lot better but post me a picture to motivate me :)

Ben I am also getting a photo done of my buff so you can see what I mean

#62 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2008 - 04:54 PM

cheers for that mate!

Ben

#63 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2008 - 05:49 PM

ok guys a few people have asked me about my boot install so i thought i'd show what i did with some pics. pretty much used MDF, screws, silicon, carpet underlay for inside the box, and black spray paint.
here it is in flesh
Posted Image

then installed with components! mounting was the hardest bit as u cant skrew into the floor cos the petrol tank is there. so i used a few L brackets i think (was a while ago)
Posted Image

then i made a cover to make it neat. made a cut out so u can see the amp :) and just "borrowed" some perspects from school haha
Posted Image

i then thought that the sub would be safer with a grill on it so i later put that on
Posted Image

Simple to make and sounds awesome! the sub and amp were fairly cheap too but put out the same if not more bass than my mates expensive system! so i thought it was pretty good lol

if u want to know anything else let me know!

cheers
Ben

#64 _Brad1979UC_

_Brad1979UC_
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:41 PM

Is that a jaycar speaker grille on the subby?? Lol just looks really familiar :tease:

Thats a real nice clean install + nice UC all up i like :D

brad.

#65 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:43 PM

hahaha good old JayCar! yeah sure is i wanted something that would protect it from what ever is in the boot and that works well :)
Thanks Brad

Ben

#66 _j7723_

_j7723_
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2008 - 08:50 AM

Hi ben there are some photos of my work and buff under gen help and Q
in polshing hope this helps as I said if you need any help let me know :spoton:

#67 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:33 PM

thanks dude :)

#68 _TORRI-1_

_TORRI-1_
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:51 PM

Hey benny,

Mate, i can't get over how good your engine looks now, unbelievable, bet you're counting the days until it's in. Nice sub and amp install too, hadn't seen it beneath the cover before, schmick as.

Catchya

Adam

#69 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2008 - 08:07 PM

yeah don't worry i ask dad everyday so when do u think it will be done by? haha i want to get it done for my 18th on the 5th of march but might be pushing it now :(

#70 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2008 - 05:20 PM

hey guys
Small update got in a SL/E dash today its in mint condition :)
Posted Image
pretty much bought this so that i could have all the gauges i wanted without spending heaps on autometer stuff. :) well for now anyway...

gearbox was suppose to be delivered today but didn't come :(

also got a quote from Hoppers Stoppers for front brakes in commodore stud pattern so when the funds permit they will be ordered too

Ben

#71 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2008 - 05:20 PM

sorry about the pic only had my phone on me

Ben

#72 _tyre fryer_

_tyre fryer_
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:55 PM

If you don't mind me asking.... how much did you get quoted for the brakes?
I'm looking at going the commo stud pattern path aswell.

#73 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:17 PM

This is what was written in the email i received in reply:

Ben

Our 290mm Torana front upgrades are based on 290 by 28 AU3 rotors and AU3 twin piston PBR calipers, with our hubs and rotors drilled to whatever pattern you need from DBA blanks.
Kits are $1200 with smooth rotors $1300 slotted and $1350 drilled and slotted.

This gets the whole package, rotors, calipers, pads, hubs, bearings, seals, grease caps, brackets, spacers and hoses all totally bolt on with no mods,
Caliper to the rear (swap stubs left to right) Calipers come red, black yellow or alloy all same price.
Engineers report is included.

All stud patterns available, Commodore is the most common particularly if using Commodore rear ends and you don�t want to change the rear stud pattern.

#74 ls2lxhatch

ls2lxhatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:11 AM

I recommend that you check what rims are available in commodore stud pattern with a offset to suit a Torana before changing your stud pattern.

#75 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:00 PM

yeah good idea :burnout:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users